“Funky place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Tucson University

You added Aloft Tucson University to your Saves list
Aloft Tucson University
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 East Speedway, Tucson, AZ 85719 (Formerly Four Points Tucson University Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$10 Breakfast Credit
Ranked #36 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Victoria, Canada
“Funky place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Checked into this funky (in a good way) hotel at an all purpose reception desk which also served as the order point for meals. The hotel is central to the University of Arizona and appeared to support a convoy of parents seeing their children off to their University tour. The bar is also central to "reception" and was always busy. The bar also served food which we partook of at Happy Hours. Prices were very reasonable. There was a small pool and spa on a deck at the back of the hotel. Parking was free and accessible being at street level and underground.

The hotel itself is situated to the center of the city. Although we didn't walk, we could have but it was hot. There were lots of fast food joints a short walk away as well as several restaurants, pharmacy gas station etc. Everything we needed for our short stay.

The rooms were accessed using a smart card which worked every time I used it which is unusual for me. We had a two window view of the main street (Speedway Boulevard) but traffic noise was surprisingly low from our upper level room. The room was very functional and suggested a Japanese influence with sliding doors, glass doors for the bathroom and shower, a chair at a desk built into the wall with a computer hookup and a very comfortable King bed.

We were on a quick two day trip and this hotel was perfect for our needs. We were gone early, came back for Happy Hour and went to sleep. Perfect for us!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Mikey 2349

I just wanted to thank you for your recent review of the Aloft Tucson University....I liked your line funky, but in a good way!! Thanks again for taking the time. Your feedback is very much appreciated....

Phil Forte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Just wanted to show my appreciation for the attentive, helpful staff at this hotel. Even after messing them around with extending my stay and even checking back in/out after going out of town one weekend - nothing was any trouble for the guys and girls at front desk.

Special thanks to Ashlee (hope Ive spelled that correctly) who was particularly helpful.

Cheers guys!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Good afternoon Nick L

Thank you for your recent posting on the Aloft Tucson University. I'm glad we could assist you as your plans changed. It's our goal to always be as flexible and accomodating as we can be to ensure that your stay is an outstanding one. I'll definitely pass on the positive feedback to Ashley.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We traveled recently on a vacation and made our first trip to Tucson. The hotel is right next to the University of Arizona. The location is very convenient and close to Interstate 10 and main streets in town. It has a young look both outside and inside. The room we stayed was clean and spacious.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
JlBoston

I just wanted to thank you for your recent review of the Aloft Tucson University. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel here in Tucson in the near future...Thanks again!!

Best,

San Jose, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Our initial impression of the Aloft Hotel was positive. It features a very modern look and a fun atmosphere. The lobby and rooms do not have that business hotel look. It looked like an upscale party scene.

Unfortunately, our experience was less positive. The rooms are clean but not comfortable. They show visible signs of abuse from one too many parties.

The beds were too hard and we woke up in pain. The shower heads spray a little water at a wide angle. It was hard to rinse off. There are just the bare minimum of towels, cups, and other essentials in the rooms. The noise from the street has loud all night.

Our room cost $160/night. At the price we paid for the room, we expected a lot better. We will not return.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Good Afternoon Cjn60

On behalf of the Aloft and the staff I wanted to apologize that your stay was not an outstanding one. I appreciate you taking the time to provide me your feedback.
The hotel was 100% renovated just a year ago, so all the beds and bedding are new. I'm surprised to hear that you had an uncomfortable time sleeping, but I think sometimes mattresses can be a very personal preference. In regards to room amenities, we have someone available at all times to bring you additional towels, cups, soap or whatever you need. I apologize if we did not meet your expectation in this area.
I encourage you to call me directly if you would like to discuss your stay. I would definitely like to hear your feedback.

520-908-6800
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Very modern, clean, and fresh. The greatest aspect of this hotel is the location. Right next to The University of Arizona, Aloft is walking distance to the University, football stadium, McKale Center, and University of Arizona Medical Center. Aloft exceeded my expectations during my stay. They offer a wide variety of amenities and WXYZ Lounge inside Aloft has exceptional food and drink options. A full service bar and re-fuel station are a great addition. Very open and modern appeal. The staff are very friendly, nice and had no issues what-so-ever. I had the opportunity to meet the Director of Sales and Marketing of Aloft Tucson University, Mr. Ian Wilson, for hosting a business event at Aloft. Mr. Ian Wilson went above and beyond to accommodate our event. Mr. Wilson is an exceptional gentlemen, very friendly, outgoing and plan to do business with him again in the future. Overall, Aloft offers a new twist on our perception of hotels where efficiency meets beauty.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Aaron

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for the Aloft University Tucson. I'm glad you were satisfied with your event. I think it was a great success for both you and the Hotel and I wanted to also, thank you for choosing to have it here. On behalf of the staff, I can tell you we look forward to welcoming you back to the Aloft in the near future.

Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Very chic, fresh, and simple. Close to everything - U of A campus, restaurants, and public transportation. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever had in a hotel - 6 pillows, a great view, very cool room set-up. Very affordable. Offers conveniences of a lobby convenience shop, bar, restaurant, computers, and billiards. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view so you won't end up with a parking lot view.
Green Features: Offers green program. For everyday you decline housekeeping you get $5 credit to use on food or beverages or trade in for member points.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
LisaTwoRivers2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your evaluation. I'm glad you had such a great experience on your recent stay. Hopefully, we will be welcoming you back to the Aloft University Tucson in the near future. Thank you also, for mentioning our Green program. It is a significant part of the Aloft brand we believe a very positive step in the right direction.

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Came this direction to watch a performance at the Rialto Theatre. For the price, this place really exceeds expectations. Rooms are super clean and spacious with a technological touch. Love the bar area and patio section as well. Fun vibe and the value is unbeatable.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Preston S

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post an evaluation regarding your recent stay at the Aloft University Tucson. I'm sure you had a wonderful time at the Rialto theatre. It is a great attraction to visit here in Tucson. Also, thank you for recognizing our efforts in providing the finest in comfort and technology. Aloft is definitely the tech savvy brand. Thanks again. I hope to see you back in the hotel in the near future.