“Excellent Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Tucson University

You added Aloft Tucson University to your Saves list
Aloft Tucson University
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 East Speedway, Tucson, AZ 85719 (Formerly Four Points Tucson University Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #35 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
“Excellent Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stay at the Aloft Tucson almost weekly for work and I have experienced extremely consistent customer service and quality of accommodations. The location is solid, the rooms are modern and comfortable and the staff is always friendly and goes out of there way to help. Marie Rubio consistently goes out of her way to help and assist me with anything that comes up while I'm Tucson.

Green Features: Seems to be solid. They offer extra starpoints if you don't have room cleaned daily
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Hello Justin T
I wanted to thank you for your email response. I know it can be difficult traveling a lot so it is our goal to provide you the most comfortable stay possible. I appreciate you recognizing Marie. I agree she does an outstanding job! If there is ever anything I can do ensure that your stay at the Hotel is an outstanding one please contact or ask for me directly. Thank you again for choosing the Aloft University Tucson!

Phil Forte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

As a business traveler, it can be annoying being on the road and away from the comforts of home. Maria Rubio always helps me with reservations. She gave me her direct contact information so I can reach out to her to make accommodations. I frequently have changes and she helps me with ease. The hotel staff is always very helpful and friendly, especially Miss Marie.

Karina

It was great to meet you today! Thank you so much for continuing to choose the Aloft University Tucson as your Hotel of choice when visiting the Tucson area. Your loyalty and your feedback are very much appreciated. I agree 100%. Marie does a fantastic job of providing outstanding hospitality and I will make sure she is recognized within the hotel for her efforts. Thank you again for choosing the Aloft.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband and I brought my stepdaughter to do a new student campus tour. She will be starting U of A in the fall. We were intrigued by the idea of a "budget" W and especially because of the location, decided to stay at Aloft. I'm glad we did, and when I bring her back in June for Orientation, I'll stay here again. It was just a very easy, pleasant place to stay. The underground parking was convenient, the staff friendly, the room clean and well appointed. Breakfast was good and not unreasonably priced. And it was nice to get a $5 card toward food or drinks by opting not to get housekeeping one day. Ashley H. was the staff person who assisted us most and like everyone we spoke with, she was friendly and helpful. And like all the staff we met, she's a student at U of A, so we were able to get some questions about the campus answered. Aloft, by the way, is about a 15 minute walk from the Bookstore in the Student Union, where the tour started. It was an easy walk but something to consider in the heat.

Stayed May 2014
Good afternoon Danav66
Thank you for taking the time to provide us a response on your recent visit to the Aloft University Tucson and more importantly, congratulations to you and your family on your daughter starting at the U of A in the Fall. It's a tremendous University. I will make sure to give special recogniton to Ashley and I'm glad to hear you had a great stay. I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you at the hotel for the next 4 years!
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I booked this hotel for a conference. Lobby and rooms comfortable and clean. All the staff I encountered were amazing. I had a phone interview for my dream job while attending the conference, but I was experiencing phone issues. Chris from the front desk assured me he would find a solution while I was at the conference, and they did. They went out of the way to make sure I was relaxed and had a successful interview. This is one of the best business hotel stays I have had in years

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you Kevin R for taking the time to post your latest review for the Aloft Tucson University. Your feedback means a tremendous amount to us here at the Hotel. I will congratulate and thank Chris for being there to provide you the assistance you needed. I hope your interview went well and I hope you get that dream job!!!

Warm Regards,

Philip Forte
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

An ALoft is an ALoft is an ALoft in terms of amenities, service, layout.

This review is about new management that started in April, 2014 when this one went franchise. I pre-booked 3 days and got a reduced rate, and Phil the day manager on his first day when he had people all over watching him, took time to give me a refund for days I could not stay. He, the front desk people and everyone there were very accommodating in facilitating an early check in.

Will never stay anywhere else near the University in Tucson if I can avoid it.

Dear Anskyone

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review for the Aloft Tucson University. We are committed to providing outstanding hospitality 100 percent of the time and the feedback that you offered really is terrific to hear. On behalf of the team I can say that we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

It says it all that under Aloft, it says "a vision" of the W Hotels. The decor is very modern, down to the black lighting in the elevators. The lobby is like a great room with a small front desk that handles check in/out and purchases from the food area (re:fuel). A small bar area and pool table complete the lobby. Just off the elevators is a small gym. Out in the back is a small pool and outdoor seating area. Note: if you opt for a breakfast package, you receive $9 credit per registered guest in the room toward a food purchase in re:fuel.

Stayed overnight for a visit to the UA campus. Criteria in looking for a hotel was proximity to the school.

The good:
- It doesn't feel like a Sheraton Four Points, which I believe is what this was converted from.
- Convenient location at the NE corner of the UA campus, close to the medical complex. Walking distance to campus.
- Clean, modern decor.
- Selection of both foam and feather pillows already on the bed.
- Bliss bath products.
- Plenty of parking both underneath the building and in the open lot.

The bad:
- Not meant for more than a day or so stay unless you don't mind living out of your suitcase. There are NO drawers in the room (nightstand or desk either) or in the closet.
- Poor water pressure in the shower and the shower head is so close to the ceiling it's virtually unadjustable. Also no tub if you look for this in a hotel.
- I am short and the toilet felt lower than normal to me.
- The main power switch turns off everything. There is no way to leave just the light above the bed on for reading.
- Busy location (Speedway & Campbell) means lots of traffic noise that can be heard even on the top floor of the hotel. It did seem to die down after 10pm but hall noise can also be heard. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.
- Beds are on the firm side. If you're used to a pillow top mattress, you may not sleep well.

All in all, ok for a short trip but not a room or property I would look to linger at. The biggest pro is the location in relation to the UA campus.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
San Ramon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is a real solid 4 stars. Very nice, compact hotel designed for the upscale traveler seeking a cost efficient hotel with practical amenities. Love the look and feel of the place. Very nice food menu – the best selection of appetizers. Very good Sangria, Berry Salad. All affordable. A very nice surprise for a smaller hotel. Fresh, smells great, very much like staying at a loft with very nice service. Adjacent to the University of Arizona, but still feels off to the side. Not a fault of Aloft except for location selection. Not the best place to walk with the gas station and 7-11 close by. So travel wisely. This Aloft will certainly make it a pleasure to visit.

Room Tip: Don't forget to buy something from the bar/informal dining area. We really liked the food! Food...