Well, I am not a huge fan of Aloft hotles. They are all very similar - some better managed than others.
As all Aloft I have been to, this one is a glorified budget hotel: limited services and amenities, cheaply built building. My room was near the elevator and was bothered all night by hallway traffic - poor soundproofing. The hotel is right on a very busy boulevard. My room was facing the street side - this made it very noisy.
This said, this property seemed well managed, nice staff, very clean and well maintained.
It has free underground parking, good free Internet connection, a small outside pool in the above ground parking lot, the usual Aloft bar and food pantry.
I was surprised that the parking elevator from the underground could get you straight to the room floors without any keycard control. I question the security of this.
My credit card was charged with abnormal fees, that got corrected after I contacted the hotel's accounting dept.
All services are within a short drive distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening April 2013, Aloft Tucson University is located right next to the University of Arizona campus and the University of Arizona Medical Center. If you're looking for things to do in Tucson the new Aloft Tucson University hotel is located right next to great shopping, dining and entertainment.Closed for renovation until 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Aloft Tucson University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points Tucson University Plaza Hotel Tucson
- 4 Points Tucson University Plaza
- Sheraton Tucson University Plaza
- Tucson Four Points