“Verdict is still out” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort

You added Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort to your Saves list
Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   475 North Granada Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85701 (El Presidio)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save 15% on 7+ Nights!
Ranked #79 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Canada
“Verdict is still out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I really really want to like it here. The lobby, grounds and pool are beautiful, it's centrally located and the staff seem friendly if a little disinterested. The rooms are a great size and the bed was comfortable. As others have mentioned, upgrading needs to be done but I understand that's a huge undertaking in these economic times.
So...I only arrived yesterday and I do have some concerns. My free shuttle took over an hour and a half to arrive after 4 phone calls to the hotel (the final one saying the driver never got the first 3 messages!). The driver, Alex, was great! When I did get to the hotel, they had no record of my booking so check-in took much longer than was necessary (thankfully they had a room). My biggest concern tho' was 2 charges to my credit card this morning! They had told me they would hold the card for incidentals but they also charged me the full amount of my stay which had already been paid in full!! They reassured me that this was in error and had been corrected once they realized but that charge will not be reversed for several days! Argggh!
I have 4 more nights here and am looking forward to some great sightseeing. Will update later...

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
GeneralManager85701, General Manager at Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
I will personally look into this matter and will personally resolve any concerns. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. It is our goal to provide the utmost customer service. Please ask for me when you go to the desk and I will personally assist you. Kind regards, Charles Wetegrove, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised when we walked into our room! For the price it was very nice to have a mini apartment style room especially with our 2 kids. We had no problems with anything in our room either as other reviews have stated. Of course it's not high end but it was perfect for us. The breakfast was awesome! The workers were very nice and the pool was great too! Our room was nicely cleaned everyday and everything changed out. The grounds were pretty and gave room for our kids to walk around and play. Don't book through expedia, I actually found it was cheaper through their own website.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManager85701, General Manager at Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
From the entire team...Thank you for choosing Hotel Tucson for your accomodations. We know there are many choices and are pleased you stayed with us! We look forward to serving you and family upon your return to Tucson! Have a wonderful day!
Los Lunas, New Mexico, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Our family recently stayed and boy this place is dated,our room had a musky smell torn chair,broken shower,broken door lock,should I go on.got there early was trying to check in early,everyone cranky made me wait,wait,wait finally just asked for any room and suddenly they had one,girls at the front desk not rude but not helpful,oh and don't touch the oranges we did and now we all have a weird rash! A few good thing location and nice clean pool.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We apologize for the inconveniences during your recent stay. We are working diligently on correcting the issues you experienced. I am working very closely with my engineering and housekeeping departments to correct the issues you reported. Please know that top notch customer service, cleanliness and 100% working order of our facility is taken very serioulsy at Hotel Tucson. I have personally followed up with my front desk staff with additional training to ensure all guests have a positive memorable experience. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you for you review.
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed for a weekend, staff was very friendly and breakfast was great, we liked the swiimming pool and the remodeled room that was reserved for us, the location of the hotel is perfect for us.will definitely stay there in our next visits to Tucson. I want to thank Sheila for her excellent service she really make us feel very welcome.☺

• Stayed August 2013
GeneralManager85701, General Manager at Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your kind words and positive review! We are always pleased to have happy returning guests. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you upon your return to Tucson!
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

My definition of a very good hotel is one that meets (+) or exceeds (++) my expectations and creates significant value....and Inn Suites Hotel Tucson City Center is a very good hotel. I have stayed there
1-2 times a year over the last 6 years.

Value meter:

Location ++.....10 Minutes from U of A, shuttle service to airport ( needs to extend the start and end hours to accommodate more flight times), walk to Downtown, no need to get on highways to get around Tucson, quiet area although sometimes you faintly hear the train go through town

Room +...Significant space for your money with one bedroom with full bath and a separate
living room ( with door that closes between rooms for privacy) with sofabed full bath and regular size
refrigerator...fill it up with a case of water from Costco and stay hydrated in the desert and save
money..TVs in both rooms....like many older hotels, the bathrooms are outdated and the carpeting is a battle to stay
absolutely clean and fresh....room needs more natural light...my expectation was to realize these negatives are there and live with it as there
is little that can be done at a reasonable cost to make the updates...a big positive was that my room had a very quiet air conditioning unit that had thermostat in each room to turn the a/c on and off at certain settings

Sleeping ++...wonderful, new sleep comfort bedding

Free stuff ++...I love free and the hotel provides free breakfast, 2 drinks per person at night,
free internet and free parking...excellent, very,very large swimming pool and spa and outdoor grilling area, beach volleyball court......all this is.a huge value

Service ++....employees you can tell like their job and professionally do everything they can to accommodate your needs

Price+...competitive, but so much more space for your money than a standard hotel room

Overall Value +++++++

Next time in Tucson, give this hotel a shot and I think you will be pleased

Room Tip: I prefer a suite situated around the spacious greenery away from the pool area
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Hotel Tucson City Center InnSuites! We appreciate your kind and honest review. We are pleased to know that the staff took great care of you during your stay. We look forward to serving you on all your future visits to Tucson! Have a wonderful week!
Hermosillo, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We were given a warm welcome by the manager and in front desk by Sheila and in the restaurant by Abel. Our room was lovely - clean, fresh, no stale cigarette smell. We had a King room with a nice desk, comfortable upholstered chair w/ottoman, fridge, micro, coffeemaker and everything worked as it should. The bed was very comfortable - we'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive and kind words. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you when you return to Tucson.
Culver City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed here this past weekend (Thursday-Sunday) with a group of friends, and we had an awful time. I would never recommend this hotel.

When I opened the door to the room, I was met with an overpowering chemical smell, almost like laundry detergent, but extremely harsh and unpleasant. The window in my second floor room was locked, so I turned on the fan and hoped for the best. The odor remained for my entire stay. Then I went to shower, and found that there was just enough hot water to make it just warm enough to be bearable. The next day the water was so hot that I almost scalded myself.

The bed was comfortable enough, but the four pillows provided were either lumpy or flat (two of each). I had problems turning the mini-fridge on, but after two calls (five hours apart) to the front desk with no one coming to assist, I finally asked a friend to help me. My food rotted in the meantime. Housekeeping was virtually non-existent. The one day they did clean my room, the bed was half-made, and the bathroom not cleaned. The morning of checkout, they banged loudly on the door (do they not have a list of the rooms checking in/out?) while I was sleeping, despite the "do not disturb" sign on the door.

Our sliding closet door was jammed and could not open or close entirely, so sat the entire time half-open, and the closet half-accessible. The desk in the room had a scorch mark, and other than the flat-screen television, the room and especially the bathroom was very dated. The binder that was supposed to have information about the hotel was completely empty except for a couple of sheets of stationary.

While walking around the property, I noticed a strong gas smell near the pool, way more than should be present for the heat lamps. The breakfast provided was adequate, though some of the hot food items were cold, and the orange juice was broken.

My shuttle driver, Alex, was very friendly and arrived promptly to the airport to pick me up, though others in my group waited over an hour. After the poor experience I had, I opted to pay for a taxi back to the airport at my own expense.

Just stay away.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort? Share your experiences!