“Business trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort

Save Saved
You added Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort to your Saves list
Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   475 North Granada Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85701 (El Presidio)   |
Ranked #71 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

check in was good rooms not renovated but Aspen at the front desk made it all worth while.. we came in for a tanning show and she was the first on out of two days with a friendly smile and a hospitable attitude.. Thank you Aspen!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager85701, General Manager at Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for staying at Hotel Tucson! I am always pleased to have a staff member recognized in reviews. I will pass your kind words on to Aspen. We are all pleased your stay was so fantastic! From the entire team at Hotel Tucson City Center, Thank you! We look forward to seeing you next time at Hotel Tucson City Center!

287 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My wife and I just finished a four night stay at the Hotel Tucson City Center. I have stayed here a couple of times for quick overnights so we thought we would give it a try for a longer stay. This hotel is a great value. Not only are the room rates more than reasonable there are a lot of extras thrown in. A free hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, potatoes, home made salsa, biscuits and gravy and more. It was very good. Also, free wifi and two free drinks at Happy Hour. There is also a computer room, small fitness room and a huge swimming pool. The staff was always friendly and helpful. There are a couple of things that we ran into that if addressed could make this hotel even more desirable. Even though the pool water was clean the pool deck was never blown or hosed off the entire time we were there. We had to sit in other peoples' trash and cigarette butts and muddy runoff from the surrounding grass. On more than one occasion there were absolutely no pool towels. We had to go notify someone both times. We also had housekeeping issues. We were skipped one night and had only trash pick up another. Some friends down the hall had a different night skipped. This all seemed to be as much a staffing issue as anything else. Hopefully management is addressing this and it's not a situation that is par for the course. Our room was sufficiently clean. The location is great. Centralized for anything you need to do in Tucson. Would we stay again? Yes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. I have taken your points to the housekeeping/maintenance departments to address the service issues and to prevent further issues. This is an isolated incident and usually do not have issues with suites getting serviced or pool being attended to properly. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and giving me a chance to correct them. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Hotel Tucson City Center.
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I booked this hotel and couldn't believe the reasonable price. Pulled up to the office, signed in, then went to the room and wondered if I'd made a mistake. Door to the building was unlocked so anyone could enter and wander the halls. One elevator was out of order, second was very creaky with cheap paneling. Room furniture was dated, but clean.

After staying there 4 nights, would I stay again? Absolutely yes. Staff was always cordial and helpful. Swimming laps in the pool of a morning was wonderful. Hot breakfast every morning. Since we only sleep in the hotel room and spend the day seeing sites, this was an fantastically affordable July 4 weekend. Plus, the room was quiet, even on the freeway side. Staff actually seem to like working here. The General Manager even got us free drinks one evening when we missed their happy hour. Patio area is a beautiful area to sit, read and drink your coffee in the morning. Free WiFi worked better than any Mariott, Hilton or Holiday Inn I have EVER stayed at. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive comments. It was my pleasure to get you both the happy hour drinks as well. We are pleased that you found our WiFi service to be top notch. We have put alot of time and effort in making the internet access easy and fast. We hope to see you again upon your return to Tucson. Have a wonderful day!
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here over the 4th of July Weekend. Everything was great, starting with the price. Room was clean, a full frig in the kitchenette, very comfortable bed. The evening happy hour was excellent and the free full breakfast was tasty and a real money saver. Pool clean. The location in the downtown area can´t be beat. It is close to I-10, but a large wall keeps the noise to a minimum. This hotel has everything one would want, more if you include the kitchenette, and is the best price in town. This is where I will stay every trip to Tucson.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room, much nicer than looking out at a parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager85701, General Manager at Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We are pleased your 4th of July weekend was a success and that we were a part of that! We look forward to you returning and staying with us again! Thank you for choosing Hotel Tucson City Center and posting such a wonderful review!
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I work very long hours in Tucson and phoenix so when I get a chance this is my getaway the hotel Tucson great staff always makes me and my family feel so welcomed love the lovely pool and Jacuzzi outside and in my room great for couples if u need a getaway also good breakfast when I wake and 2 complimentary drinks to sooth me in the evening tea or beer and wine ;) seriously I recommend HOTEL TUCSON to anybody I love it that's why I call it my home away from home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: It's good to have a room on the bottom because then you have the pool, bar, etc.. right when you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased that we are your new "home away from home". Thank you for your positive review. We look forward to you returning back to your new "home away from home".
See you soon!
Alamosa, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay, the staff was very kind and hospitable. There was a bit of a stuffy smell at first but I stayed a week and enjoyed it and was very comfortable. The staff once again was amazing, from the housekeepers to the drivers of the shuttle to the front desk staff the manager and the restaurant and the breakfast staff. I will most likely stay there again next year. Thanx Teri from Alamosa CO

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralManager85701, General Manager at Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback. We strive to exceed guests expectations. We look forward to seeing you again!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Loved the hotel! We traveled from Chicago to visit family and found the hotel to be perfect for the two of us. The staff was exceptionally warm and helpful, from Housekeeping, to Lizz and Jeff at the front desk. All were pleasant and helpful and took care that we were thoroughly satisfied while we stayed there. The pool and grounds are well tended and manicured, and the location is perfect for getting to Tucson's points of interest. We travel frequently and agree that the team at this hotel made the visit enjoyable. Our next trip to Tucson we will be staying at this hotel. Thanks Lizz and team!!!

Room Tip: Stay in the main building - the rooms seem spacious
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
It was a pleasure having you as a guest of Hotel Tucson City Center. My entire staff would like to THANK YOU for your positive feedback.

Been to Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort? Share your experiences!