Save Saved
You added Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort to your Saves list
Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   475 North Granada Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85701 (El Presidio)   |
Ranked #73 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Eugene, Oregon
“Hideous”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Where do I begin? I guess at the beginning: (1) the shuttle from airport to hotel was blowing burning hot air--a burn on my leg to prove it--on a 100 degree day, and when I asked the driver why it was on, he said, "oh, yeah, people have been complaining. We should fix that." (2) when I checked into my room, I found garbage all over the floor. Wadded tissues, candy wrappers, washcloths stained with I don't want to know what. When I asked for a new room, I was told I had to wait an hour, which I did after an endless day of travel; (3) the TV in the new room didn't work. The first two times the front desk sent maintenance, I was told the television was "fixed." The third time the guy said the constant static was the cable company's fault and I'd have to live with no TV. (4) The elevator only went to the fourth floor. My room was on the second. And there were no stairs. (5) On Saturday morning, after all night parties, the grounds were covered with beer bottles, chip bags, blown out kids' toys--a giant mess and stink. (6) I was in Tucson to work. I left before 8, returned at 5. My room was never cleaned. Finally around 5:30, someone would knock on the door and offer towels. (7) Overall, the hotel is filthy, stained, smelly, and unpleasant. (8) Though I checked at the front desk TWICE to make sure they'd ordered a cab to the airport, I got to the lobby at 4:30 a.m. to find NO cab, but instead two cops cars and several cops trying to break up a party outside. They'd "forgotten" to order a cab. It took a half hour to get one there and I reached the airport minutes from missing my plane.
One, and just one, shining employee: the kind, helpful young woman who takes care of the breakfast room. She was terrific. But not worth a stay--
Avoid this hotel at all costs!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

287 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Tucson City Center with my family over Memorial Day weekend while we were in town during a visit. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. They had a great hot breakfast in the morning. Eggs, cereal, and breads you name it they have it. Both my son and daughter really enjoyed it. Thank you Hotel Tucson City Center Staff for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager85701, General Manager at Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your postive comments regarding your recent stay ay Hotel Tucson City Center! We look forward to serving you when you return to Tucson!
Meza, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I attended a convention at the Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort May 23-24, 2013 and enjoyed all elements of my stay. From the desk staff at check in to the restaurant staff and the breakfast was wonderful. I have found a new home when business brings me to Tucson.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager85701, General Manager at Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Hotel Tucson City Center.
I am pleased you had such an excellent stay. I will pass your positive review on to all of my staff as they enjoy hearing the positive feedback resulting from their hard work and dedication We look forward to serving you again when you return to Tucson! Have a wonderful day!
Tynemouth, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Who are we: very fit young couple in early 70’s, he retired long-haul commercial captain. Both very well travelled over a lifetime. Much experience of the USA. Do not stay in cheap motels unless really must,… but try to find decent places on the road. Usually always Best Western or Hampton Inns

When travelled: May 2013

Type of hotel/motel: Mexican style hotel. Large car park. Dated. Clean

Location: Very edge of Tucson city centre. Very central

Free breakfast: Yes.

Quality of breakfast: Fair

Able to walk to bar/ restaurant: Yes,..about 10 minutes walk (safe) to city centre

Room: clean / dated / comfortable.

Friendliness of staff: very good

Feeling of safety: definitely

Quiet sleeping: yes

Value: excellent

Would we return:yes. good for one or two night stop. Free bar at night for 2 hours.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager85701, General Manager at Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments. We look forward to you next visit! It was our pleasure to serve you!
Woldingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Just stopped off at the visitors center to see what attractions were there for us to visit. The lady was so helpful,gave us a list of things to do. She then gave us the information of the hotel. We booked in for four nights. The room was spacious with kitchenette,large fridge and microwave. The swimming pool was well set out in lovely grounds. They had happy hour with 2 free drinks each,and the opportunity to meet new friends. The restaurant served good food at a reasonable price. Breakfast was set out well,with a choice of hot or cold food. Staff in all areas were helpful and friendly. Would most certainly stay there again.

Pauline and Dave Surrey

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager85701, General Manager at Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Hotel Tucson truly appreciates your business and positive review! I will pass your comments on to all staff. We look forward to serving you when you return to Tucson! Have a wonderful day!
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My Mom and I needed to find a place close by downtown at a reasonable price. I decided on the Hotel Tucson City Center, solely on Tripadvisor reviews. You guys were right on!!

Check in went smoothly for the most part and we were able to check in a little early. With a little glitch on my room being ready, Eddie was very helpful in getting me another room. No problem!!

My mom required a handicap room which she was very happy with. Pics posted.

The hotel is obviously an old facility, but they have done a great job renovating. I can't speak for the rooms in the tower, but the rooms surrounding the courtyards seem to all be renovated. The beds are very comfortable!! Older TVs, but oh well. The rooms are supplied with blow dryer, microwave, small fridge and a coffee maker.

The grounds are lovely, unfortunately we weren't able to enjoy the pool, but it sure looked nice. The staff is extremely friendly, especially the folks working the breakfast. They were getting drinks for guests while the guests were filling up their plates. Bring a couple extra bucks for the tip jar, they deserve it. I didn't eat the food (saving myself for a big brunch later), but the Starbucks coffee was very good!!

Now for the suggestions. Many of the reviews here did mention the cleanliness of the bathrooms. I have to agree. Both my Mom's and my bathroom could have been cleaner. There was toothpaste on the faucet and body wash remnants from previous guests along the tub. I did find a bit of hair on the floor. I think better attention to the bathrooms would be a very good thing.

Yes, the freeway is right next to the hotel. Be sure to ask for a room facing the courtyard, you won't hear a thing. If you want quiet, I'd get a room away from the pool. When we were there, there was some sort of party/wedding going on and it could have been loud for some. And the train? Didn't even notice it where my room was, but I'm from Flagstaff and the train is a part of our day. Also, when I made my reservations, I called the hotel and did it through them. Same rate as a 3rd party website, so I think your safer going that route.

We will be staying at this hotel again in the future as we have a family owned restaurant in Downtown now.

If your thinking about this hotel, give it a try!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review regarding your recent stay at Hotel Tucson. We have taken your comments as training points for all staff to ensure all future guests enjoy the property as you did. Have a wonderful day!
phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I began going to the Hotel Tucson 4 years ago when my son began attending the University of Arizona. It quickly became my home away from home. Each time I would drive up to the "Dude Ranch" style complex I felt a sigh of welcome and relief, knowing that I was in a good place and that I would be taken care of with grace and aplomb. The rooms were gracious, the hospitality warm, the staff and management ready to make my stay a great stay. I enjoyed the grounds and the easy proximity to the University and shopping areas. And the free breakfast is worth talking about. The Hotel Tucson is unpretentious, friendly, warm, clean and very, very comfortable. Staying in the Presidential Suites on several occasions with my upgrades was splendid! I would recommend the Hotel Tucson to anyone who wants to relax and enjoy the simple beauty and desert life of Tucson. I've never desired to stay anyplace else in Tucson!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are nice!