“Outstanding Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort

Save Saved
You added Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort to your Saves list
Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   475 North Granada Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85701 (El Presidio)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Two for One!
Ranked #75 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Meza, AZ
“Outstanding Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I attended a convention at the Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort May 23-24, 2013 and enjoyed all elements of my stay. From the desk staff at check in to the restaurant staff and the breakfast was wonderful. I have found a new home when business brings me to Tucson.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager85701, General Manager at Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Hotel Tucson City Center.
I am pleased you had such an excellent stay. I will pass your positive review on to all of my staff as they enjoy hearing the positive feedback resulting from their hard work and dedication We look forward to serving you again when you return to Tucson! Have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Tynemouth, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Who are we: very fit young couple in early 70’s, he retired long-haul commercial captain. Both very well travelled over a lifetime. Much experience of the USA. Do not stay in cheap motels unless really must,… but try to find decent places on the road. Usually always Best Western or Hampton Inns

When travelled: May 2013

Type of hotel/motel: Mexican style hotel. Large car park. Dated. Clean

Location: Very edge of Tucson city centre. Very central

Free breakfast: Yes.

Quality of breakfast: Fair

Able to walk to bar/ restaurant: Yes,..about 10 minutes walk (safe) to city centre

Room: clean / dated / comfortable.

Friendliness of staff: very good

Feeling of safety: definitely

Quiet sleeping: yes

Value: excellent

Would we return:yes. good for one or two night stop. Free bar at night for 2 hours.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager85701, General Manager at Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments. We look forward to you next visit! It was our pleasure to serve you!
Woldingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Just stopped off at the visitors center to see what attractions were there for us to visit. The lady was so helpful,gave us a list of things to do. She then gave us the information of the hotel. We booked in for four nights. The room was spacious with kitchenette,large fridge and microwave. The swimming pool was well set out in lovely grounds. They had happy hour with 2 free drinks each,and the opportunity to meet new friends. The restaurant served good food at a reasonable price. Breakfast was set out well,with a choice of hot or cold food. Staff in all areas were helpful and friendly. Would most certainly stay there again.

Pauline and Dave Surrey

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager85701, General Manager at Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Hotel Tucson truly appreciates your business and positive review! I will pass your comments on to all staff. We look forward to serving you when you return to Tucson! Have a wonderful day!
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My Mom and I needed to find a place close by downtown at a reasonable price. I decided on the Hotel Tucson City Center, solely on Tripadvisor reviews. You guys were right on!!

Check in went smoothly for the most part and we were able to check in a little early. With a little glitch on my room being ready, Eddie was very helpful in getting me another room. No problem!!

My mom required a handicap room which she was very happy with. Pics posted.

The hotel is obviously an old facility, but they have done a great job renovating. I can't speak for the rooms in the tower, but the rooms surrounding the courtyards seem to all be renovated. The beds are very comfortable!! Older TVs, but oh well. The rooms are supplied with blow dryer, microwave, small fridge and a coffee maker.

The grounds are lovely, unfortunately we weren't able to enjoy the pool, but it sure looked nice. The staff is extremely friendly, especially the folks working the breakfast. They were getting drinks for guests while the guests were filling up their plates. Bring a couple extra bucks for the tip jar, they deserve it. I didn't eat the food (saving myself for a big brunch later), but the Starbucks coffee was very good!!

Now for the suggestions. Many of the reviews here did mention the cleanliness of the bathrooms. I have to agree. Both my Mom's and my bathroom could have been cleaner. There was toothpaste on the faucet and body wash remnants from previous guests along the tub. I did find a bit of hair on the floor. I think better attention to the bathrooms would be a very good thing.

Yes, the freeway is right next to the hotel. Be sure to ask for a room facing the courtyard, you won't hear a thing. If you want quiet, I'd get a room away from the pool. When we were there, there was some sort of party/wedding going on and it could have been loud for some. And the train? Didn't even notice it where my room was, but I'm from Flagstaff and the train is a part of our day. Also, when I made my reservations, I called the hotel and did it through them. Same rate as a 3rd party website, so I think your safer going that route.

We will be staying at this hotel again in the future as we have a family owned restaurant in Downtown now.

If your thinking about this hotel, give it a try!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review regarding your recent stay at Hotel Tucson. We have taken your comments as training points for all staff to ensure all future guests enjoy the property as you did. Have a wonderful day!
phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I began going to the Hotel Tucson 4 years ago when my son began attending the University of Arizona. It quickly became my home away from home. Each time I would drive up to the "Dude Ranch" style complex I felt a sigh of welcome and relief, knowing that I was in a good place and that I would be taken care of with grace and aplomb. The rooms were gracious, the hospitality warm, the staff and management ready to make my stay a great stay. I enjoyed the grounds and the easy proximity to the University and shopping areas. And the free breakfast is worth talking about. The Hotel Tucson is unpretentious, friendly, warm, clean and very, very comfortable. Staying in the Presidential Suites on several occasions with my upgrades was splendid! I would recommend the Hotel Tucson to anyone who wants to relax and enjoy the simple beauty and desert life of Tucson. I've never desired to stay anyplace else in Tucson!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are nice!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager85701, General Manager at Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
We are so proud to be your home away from home when you are in Tucson! We look forward to your next visit. The entire team at Hotel Tucson thanks you so much for your kind words!
Have a wonderful day!
Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We checked into the Hotel Tucson on our honeymoon travels around Arizona. Jeff was extremely efficient and handled our check in brilliantly. Very polite and helpful, as were the other staff on Reception.
Would recommend a stay here if you are ever passing Tucson and need a stayover.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review of your recent stay at Hotel Tucson. From the entire team at Hotel Tucson we THANK YOU and look forward to taking care of you on your next visit! Have a wonderful Day!
Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I travel several times a year coast to coast. The staff there was most accommodating and friendly you would have thought they were all just finished happiness training at corporate. We made reservations direct with "Ramon" months ago and he was incredibly helpful. "Jeff" (front office manager I believe) checked us in, and he made us feel like the most important guests at the property. He was fabulous! The pool and outdoor area are large and inviting. There was a band at night with open bar/restaurant/ dancing and respectfully the band shut down at 9:00 for those wanting to retire early....thankfully since our room overlooked the pool. Buffet breakfast had a good variety of fruit, eggs, cereals, breads, waffles, side dishes, etc. the staff there were very attentive. The property is not as new as others in the area, but you will not find a better value for those wanting to just relax, or groups looking for a value to hold meetings. Yes, they have a ballroom!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you so very much for your positve reveiw of your recent stay at Hotel Tucson. My entire staff appreciate it when guests notice their hard work and dedication. We will continue to strive to provide a positive memorable experience. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Tucson. Have a wonderful day!

Been to Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort? Share your experiences!