“The Hotel That Cares About You” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort

You added Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort to your Saves list
Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   475 North Granada Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85701 (El Presidio)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save 15% on 7+ Nights!
Ranked #80 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Land O Lakes, Florida
“The Hotel That Cares About You”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

My wife and I had to go to Tucson on short notice and didn't have the time to really research where we would stay. This Hotel and staff went out of there way to make us comfortable and happy. The bed was very comfortable (Simmons beauty rest) the pool was very big and 12 feet deep unreal jaccuzi was nice and clean and the air was cold. We can't say enough about the staff and their quest to improve this hotel and make you comfortable. We plan on going back next year because of the people and the value of this hotel.

Room Tip: Be polite and just ask if not satisfied with your room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Mammoth Lakes, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Enjoyed our stay again. Property is clean and comfortable. The staff is great, always smiling and helpful. Michelle was one of the friendliest front desk people we have ever encountered in the hospitality industry; and she made sure that the room we got suited our needs. The buffet is great, and PJ's has great food and atmosphere. We were there for 12 nights this time. We plan to return again next fall.

The Maxey's

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Wooster, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

The Hotel Tucson Resort was a fabulous experience! The staff was always warm and extremely helpful even though always busy as it was graduation weekend. The large pool was a terrific amenity. Rooms were clean, comfortable and the first one on this trip that actually had electric outlets excessable! The complementary breakfast we had each morning had numerous choices including several hot entries and beverages. The food was fantastic and the service even better. We plan on staying there again since we have family in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager85701, General Manager at Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you for the positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. In a world where people are very quick to complain and point out the negatives, it is refreshing to get the positive comments. We hope to see you when you return to Tucson and look forward to being your home away from home.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

It is a very old hotel and looks like they have done and still doing renovations, but both times we stayed it was nice. The first time my husband stayed a year ago and they ran out of regular King Bedroom suites so gave him what was left, the Presidential Jacuzzi Suite. He of course was in heaven! Said the service was good, room was perfect and besides being old, it was very nice. Our experience together as a family this week was good too. We stayed in a 2 Queen Bed suite and everything was clean and everything nicely provided. It is not a 5 star hotel, and very old, but it was great! Great price, good service, family friendly with a warm breakfast in the morning for everyone and even cold cereal, yogurt, toast and other things. We would stay again. We are sorry for those who have had poor experiences and hope the hotel does or already rectified the situation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sedona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We booked this weekend so we could take our son to U of A. Its pretty close by, about 10 minutes. We reserved way in advance and booked a suite w/2 queen beds and a separate room with a sofa couch for my son, until he was moved into his dorm the following morning. I had requested a tower room. When we arrived they told me there were no tower rooms available and put us in room 134. We walked in and it smelled like cat urine, (maybe it was the very old air conditioning). We walked into the bedroom area and part of the ceiling was falling down, about the size of a dinner plate..it was that old white spackle/popcorn type of ceiling...their was a tile missing from the bathroom floor and there was a USED q-tip in the middle of the bathroom counter...Clearly this place had not been cleaned before they rented it to us (gross!!) My husband went to the front desk and said we are not the type of people to complain (and we're not) but we wanted her to come see the room she put us in...she said she was not allowed to leave her area. While I was waiting for him to come back to the room, I found a dirty sock by the curtain...this place grossed me out!! The front desk somehow found a room in the tower for us, but only with 2 beds, which meant I had to sleep with my college son so my husband and toddler could sleep in the other bed...not the way we envisioned our son's last night before college. We went to the tower room and it was better, but still dirty. We found chewed bubblegum on the lamp next to our bed, the carpets were really thin and old (no padding underneath) and the curtains were too small for the window so no matter how hard you tried you couldn't block the light out. Everything was mismacthed and hodge podged. Like they went to a hotel auction and bought random things and put them in the rooms. The one good thing about the hotel was the pool area, large, clean and nice, even for the price I got of $74, it wasn't a deal. I would not recommend this to anyone. I had photos of the photos but they accidently got deleted from my phone. I purposely started taking photos to post on here. Oh well.

Room Tip: INSIST that you stay in the tower
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stay here every year for the annual Mineral Show. The price during the show is expensive but the business is great. Never had a major problem with any room. A couple of minor issues over the years but all have been sorted out quickly.
I don't know where these bad reviews are coming from.
The Orange trees look great but don't eat the fruit.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

There are several types and definitions of value sought by those who travel regularly. Some are room type vs. cost, amenities vs. cost, the condition of the hotel vs. whats shown online.
Hotel Tucson exceeded all of this expectations and then some! I arrived late after midnight as I was traveling buy car. The staff who met me was informed of my late arrival and asked if after my long drive if I needed help with my bags to my room, that's a first! The next morning still a little weary from the road, I ventured into their "Health Breakfast" dining room where I was met with Scrambled Eggs, Ham, Sausage, Freshly baked biscuits! It didn't stop there with an array for fruits, and self serve waffles. The hotel Tucson exclusively uses Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea ,nice touch!

The room was truly a suite at a room rate! Stove with refrigerator, we tbar and plenty of soft towels in the restroom, (even extra towels in the dresser) room was older but very clean and organized well. The shower had an over sized shower head ...ahhh that was nice!

I suggest the pool after a day in the Tucson sun..which they keep open til 10p, they also have a separate private Jacuzzi. Both were well maintained and fantastic! The grounds were well manicured and parking was easily found. One of the sightings that was interesting was the mineral collection on display in the lobby which is freshly painted with a comfortable atmosphere. It includes a workout room and a business center with a bunch of computer terminals. So when I had to print something it was easy, as I go no where without my laptop which had wi-fi everywhere on the hotel property.

The final thought about the property was the FREE social hour from 5p til i think 7p..you get your choice of 2 beers, 2 wines or 2 soft drinks. It really was a social hour as I chatted with some contractors, visitors from Mexico and a returning U of A student. Thehotel GM Charles even came into greet all of us. Out of 5 stars, I give this experience all 5! Each one was earned by this showcase hotel!

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Tucson City Center Conference Suite Resort? Share your experiences!