“there were not towels and light in the bathroom” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #114 of 131 Hotels in Tucson

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel last minute as this was not a planned stop. We decided to stay here because my husband had stayed here years ago with work & said it was decent. Well, it wasn't. The bathtub looked like somebody had stomped on it with shoes on. The door to the courtyard was unlocked. Everything inside looked filthy & not taken care of. The final straw was when my husband came back inside & commented that he had seen some women coming & going from a room upstairs. When we were arriving, a truck pulled up & several barely dressed women climbed out. This was about midnight so you draw your own conclusions. Did I mention the car that is sitting in the parking lot with a smashed in window? Dont stay here. Spend a few more dollars and have a decent night somewhere else.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lindsey H
CLERMONT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Walking to check in the outside was dirty, windows filthy, no a/c in lobby. We should have known better. Entering our room, all the furniture was on the beds. Obviously they cleaned the carpet. Rather than call & fix it, we moved the furniture to suit us. Old bed, pillows, bedding old, 2 broken chairs we could not sit in, chipped & broken furniture. Believe me, I am not exaggerating.
It did have a microwave & frig & coffee in room.
I could not wait to take a shower and get out of this sad hotel.
They give the appearance of lost hope for an old hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suzannet996
sacramento, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

There is a creepy vibe at this place.When I walked in they told me they didn't have any rooms even though there were no cars in the parking lot and the place was empty. I had a reservation but was told she wasn't expecting anybody today. What kind of Motel doesn't expect reservations on a Saturday night?

We decided to stay even though I had a creepy vibe about the place.Then you notice the mold smell in the room.

Then we were terrified awake by someone pounding on the door, entering our room and yelling at us to get out a full hour before check out time. Both my lady and I were left shaking after that. We didn't ask for a wake up call... We didn't ask for a home invasion... We are responsible adults who know how to get up and out before check out time... I guess this place is used to different clientele or really just didn't want customers. I hope that loud idiot doesn't make a habit of that, someday he's going to enter a room with a firearm inside.

I what world can you do this to customers?

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank kerflufle1
Tucson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stay at this hotel each time I am in Tucson as it is close to the business and government corridor; however, there are always problems with noise from the parking lot (previous visits). This visit, I asked for a room away from the parking lot. The Manager was very gracious and offered me a second floor room away from the common parking area. However, the room smelled of heavy scent (rug cleaner??). It was hard to breathe so I opened the door. The smell was still noticeable throughout my stay. Perhaps management should consider a cleaning solution without a scent. Unfortunately, later that evening I noticed fleas on the wall. I killed them and decided not to say anything as it was 10 pm. I didn't want to move to another hotel room as I was tired from my visit. Maybe a dog(s) was in the room with the previous guest. I don't think they allow pets at Days Inn Tucson Downtown. Maybe someone snuck their pet(s) in illegally. I will be staying here again but I will be more assertive to the Manager about my expectations. I would also suggest that a sign at the Lobby indicate "No Pets". The Manager stated that this hotel was slated for renovation within the next few months. I would suggest that they install 3-pane windows or noise blocking windows to avoid the noise from the parking lot and the freeway which is adjacent.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo