“Something Shady is going on here” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Tucson Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   222 South Freeway, Tucson, AZ 85745   |
Ranked #116 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
sacramento, ca
“Something Shady is going on here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

There is a creepy vibe at this place.When I walked in they told me they didn't have any rooms even though there were no cars in the parking lot and the place was empty. I had a reservation but was told she wasn't expecting anybody today. What kind of Motel doesn't expect reservations on a Saturday night?

We decided to stay even though I had a creepy vibe about the place.Then you notice the mold smell in the room.

Then we were terrified awake by someone pounding on the door, entering our room and yelling at us to get out a full hour before check out time. Both my lady and I were left shaking after that. We didn't ask for a wake up call... We didn't ask for a home invasion... We are responsible adults who know how to get up and out before check out time... I guess this place is used to different clientele or really just didn't want customers. I hope that loud idiot doesn't make a habit of that, someday he's going to enter a room with a firearm inside.

I what world can you do this to customers?

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tucson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stay at this hotel each time I am in Tucson as it is close to the business and government corridor; however, there are always problems with noise from the parking lot (previous visits). This visit, I asked for a room away from the parking lot. The Manager was very gracious and offered me a second floor room away from the common parking area. However, the room smelled of heavy scent (rug cleaner??). It was hard to breathe so I opened the door. The smell was still noticeable throughout my stay. Perhaps management should consider a cleaning solution without a scent. Unfortunately, later that evening I noticed fleas on the wall. I killed them and decided not to say anything as it was 10 pm. I didn't want to move to another hotel room as I was tired from my visit. Maybe a dog(s) was in the room with the previous guest. I don't think they allow pets at Days Inn Tucson Downtown. Maybe someone snuck their pet(s) in illegally. I will be staying here again but I will be more assertive to the Manager about my expectations. I would also suggest that a sign at the Lobby indicate "No Pets". The Manager stated that this hotel was slated for renovation within the next few months. I would suggest that they install 3-pane windows or noise blocking windows to avoid the noise from the parking lot and the freeway which is adjacent.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

First chain motel of this class we stayed in during this trip that was non smoking that didn't smell like smoke. Room was a little larger too. Couple minor things needed fixing in the room but done quickly without fuss. Bigger breakfast facility and plenty of choice. Pool clean, came in handy as it was 107 for the two days in Tucson.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Tucson Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Tucson Convention Center

Address: 222 South Freeway, Tucson, AZ 85745
Location: United States > Arizona > Tucson
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #116 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Tucson Convention Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Wyndham, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Tucson Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Tucson Hotel Tucson

If you own or manage Days Inn Tucson Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.