“Great Location and Amenities” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Location and Amenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had the chance to spend 1 night at Casino Del Sol, and was thoroughly impressed. I arrived on Monday morning, and had lunch at Ume followed by dinner at the Tequila Factory. Then I saw my room. The views were breathtaking and the room was perfect. Huge bed and free coffee. Not just a coffee pot, but a Keurig machine. It's the little things that matter most. Oh, and the TV was on playing chill music when I first arrived. Not to mention the personalized welcome screen on the TV. I was only here for 1 night, but I can't wait to come back. I don't even gamble and loved my experience at Casino Del Sol.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor. The views are simply breathtaking.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
MVollmer, Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for that amazing feedback. Our Team Members work hard to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay, and it looks like they hit the mark. We look forward to your return stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My family and I (2 adults , 2 children) stayed here for a night and the staff was amazing. They are very friendly and inviting. The room was emaculante wonderful view of the pool and golf course. We also ate at fiesta international buffet and at Mobys the food great too. After we checked out I realized that I left my swim suit and the front desk and manger were awsome and were able to retrieve my swim suit.the pool area well again is amazing There was one person that was simply the most pleasent and wonerfyl person I have come across in a long time her name is pearla. Thank you all for an amazing experience.

• Stayed July 2014
MVollmer, Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
We think our staff is amazing too, but it is always nice to hear it from our guests. Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. I will be sure to share this with the team member and her supervisor.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I visit this resort and gamble here frequently. The video poker machines are plentiful, the comps are fantastic if you are a diamond preferred. But if you aren't let me tell you about the rest. Start out by just simply getting a player's club card. ( You don't have to spend a penny to gamble to do this.) This will save you $5.00 on your room when you stay if you present it at the time of check in. You will not get any good deals on hotel rates such as Kayak, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Trivago, Movato etc.....the rooms have set rates-When you get your free player's club card they will comp you $10.00 of free play AND the Fiesta Buffet for $20.00. The Buffet is magnificent-that alone is worth signing up for. The restaurants there are Moby's (tucked behind some smoothie shop down the Bingo Hall. They are the only 24 hour restaurant and the food and prices are great. Its set up like a little seafood restaurant that you might find on the coast but nothing fancy.....Tequila Factory is very nice, maybe a little pricey unless you just get something small like their nachos as an appetizer and split it. Mostly you would go here for a little more space, privacy and social gathering. You would be paying for the atmosphere not the quality of the food because its good but nothing to write home about. The salads are not on the menu you have to ask-they are like 3 bucks, just a small basic salad. Although if you eat smartly its not so pricey. I would choose here if you are meeting up with family or friends or even want some quiet time alone. Abuelita's is more affordable and has much better food but I would compare it to a taco shop and the seating is just some chairs and tables, not nearly the atmosphere that Tequila Factory has. They have a nice Asian restaurant and the food is good, but pricey....it is a healthier alternative but the hours open are a little restrictive. Moving on to the pool. WoW and that is a big WoW fantastic pool and poolside-get your red wristband when you check in to use the pool for your stay. The rooms are very nice, clean rich looking. Your own coffee pot-but no fridge or microwave that I have seen, probably a step up in your reservation. (wink)
Get a room that overlooks the parking lot up at least the 2nd or 3rd floors. Gorgeous mountain views/scenery at night. Although there is plenty of parking lot space and it is not necessary to valet park here's what I do...If I have my Toyota I parking lot park. If I have my Lexus I valet park. You will only have to tip the staff when you pick it up and you can tip what you want. This way you make sure it doesn't get damaged or stolen. But I don't think they garage it-because miine always comes back extremely hot and sometimes with tree leaves or similar. I guess it is personal preference. I don't like that it sits in the sun when valet parked, but it is what it is. Most staff at the front desk are nice but some give you the run around. Julie is awesome. She will actually store your bags safely until your room becomes available. I have three more tips. The water in the room is Fiji if you drink it will cost you $5.50 for your bottle of water. Reserve your room early or you won't get the room location you want and may not even get a reservation. Booking for a holiday? Book as far as their site will allow you. One last thing-if you are like me and fly in from Chicago or NY to our alternate home in AZ, don't show up any earlier than 2pm. Check in is around 4 pm. You will have to store your bags and go play or eat for 2 hours. (Have them call or text you when a room is available and check back often they don't always do what they say they will.) After flights of 4-5.5 hours, a shower is nice-but if you are checking in early, you will wait for a bed and shower. Remember they want you to gamble not nest in your room.
Digg? _:) Oh by the way, concierge is not always helpful she picks and chooses who to assist. The hosts are very cool though and they are very accomodating (for all the regs) Bell hops are very nice as are the Valet staff. ENJOY! This one is much better than the other casino in Tucson. This is the South one.

Room Tip: See above...Choose a room that faces either the parking lot, golf course or pool area
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and informative review. We are pleased you come to Casino Del Sol Resort on a regular basis, and look forward to your next stay with us.
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. The check in was quick and friendly. The room was amazing. The pool area was wonderful and my whole family had a great time. We didn't want to leave. We will definitely make this out stay when we are in the area in the future!

Stayed July 2014
MVollmer, Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
I am so glad you and your family had such a wonderful time here at Casino Del Sol Resort. We are pleased you plan on returning when you are in the area. We look forward to your next visit.
TUCSON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed for the 4th of July, room was on the 3rd floor facing South. It over looked the pool and in the distance the golf course. The view was great to say the least. The room appointments were top drawer. As good as any of the major hotels that we have stay around the country. We had dinner at the buffet, food has plentiful and the variety was very rewarding. The desserts were really great. The staff was very attentive and kept the water glasses filled. I would rate the hotel with some of the best that Tucson has to offer. We would plan another weekend there with our a doubt.

Room Tip: Ask for the upper floors facing south, overlooking the pool, the golf course and the open desert
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have amazing views. We look forward to your next weekend here with us.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

WOW, this was the third time I stayed at Casino del Sol, and was very much impressed with the customer service I received from the staff this time. The lady at the front desk was super helpful and nice! I had to make some changes to my registration and she truly went out of her way. Room super clean and it seem as all the bedding was brand new. Truly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Our Team Members work very hard to ensure our guests have a good stay with us, and it sounds like they were able to do that for you. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Very nice casino/hotel. Room was clean, staff was very helpful, beds very comfortable. Arrived earlier than check-in time and room was available. Enjoyed swimming pool. Enjoyed the firework display. My only concern is the decking around the swimming pool. It was built using concrete pavers which get extremely hot and can burn your feet when going in or coming out of the pool. Cool decking should have been used. I did not expect the decking to be so hot and had to rush back to put my flip flops on. I saw several children crying and adults rushing to get away from the hot tiles. I feel this is a real hazard and should be looked into and taken care of before someone suffers sever buns. Since the hot tiles is not expected around a pool, there should be a sign posted warning sunbathers. Another area that needs improvement is Mobey's Restaurant. The food is good and the wait staff is very friendly. We were seated right away and had to wait an hour to receive our food. I did complain to the cashier and they did give me a discount. Other than that we had a great time and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MVollmer, Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us and plan to return. I am sorry to learn of your concerns with Moby’s Restaurant and the pool area. I will share both your comments with the appropriate departments. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Been to Casino Del Sol Resort? Share your experiences!