“Fun Place with Great Rooms and Great Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Fun Place with Great Rooms and Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I never thought this resort/casino would be SO GREAT!

The room we had overlooked the pool, and we never even asked for it. Vanessa and Ricardo at the front desk were so very helpful and made us feel like we were their only guest to satisfy. I know that is not true, but I love that they made it seem that way.

Even the Car Valet parking attendants were super nice because I had to have my car brought around due to forgetting something, and they made me feel fine about it all. Then when they brought the car up in the HEAT of the day for us to leave you would never know how miserable they must have been in these hot temps.

The only complaint was that the housekeeping staff never once smiled at us - they continued to share negative stories and complaints amongst one another - I felt like I was an interruption in their day. Even though the rooms were clean I did not feel like I was welcome on my floor - either the day or check in or the day of check out. Too bad - because every other part of this resort was wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool/mountain view. I loved that.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MelindaGuestServMgr, Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
All feedback is important to us, the good and not so good. I will certainly be passing along all of your comments to our team members. Again, thank you for sharing your experience here with us at Casino Del Sol.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and our two kids gave del sol a second chance,looking for just a few days to just get out of the same routine we stayed three days.Our experience was a great one , from dining at moby's and having a great time at the pool. Casino del sol has really stepped it up a notch from our first visit about a year and a half ago.Its awesome to see the staff is more experienced in handling even the smallest request.Can't wait for the golf course to open to visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the pool and golf course
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am pleased our staff was able to help ensure you had a great experience, and look forward to your return soon.
Benson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have been spending 23 days a week at hotel for last 6 months. Due to mu husband having a severe illness, we have to travel with a lot of medical equiptment. . The help getting all the medical supplies to the room has been excellent. Everytime we have to leave to go to Dr's appointment, the stsff has helped by getting car back from valet lot to hotel. Besides all the wonderful help, the rooms are beautiful, the resturants excellent. Prime rib at tequila factory excellent, Mexican nite at the buffet with mariachi music, wonderful as are the 99 cent margaritas. Try the tequila dinner even though it is pricey it is wonderful. Mobys is always good with very reasonable prices. Try the steak and eggs, large good quality steak on a breakfast, the chicken fried steak is excellent too, And of course the slots. I won a large amount on amazon and generally I win very consistently. I won over a thousand last month. But the best of all was July 3,it was a beautifully planned fireworks show, and oh my the food at the buffet. I am not going out of town for a vacation I will just go to casino for longer stay. Think about it if your older its cheaper to stay there then in a nursing home and beautiful on top of it.

Room Tip: We get a handicapped room and they are excellent, Get near elevator and windows over pool and then y...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MelindaGuestServMgr, Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so pleased your stays with us have always been good experiences, and look forward to your return.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed overnight for the Hawaiian Luau. The hotel room was first rate and truly exceeded our expectations. The event was great, we had a buffet dinner show.
The Polynesian dancers were great and the fire dancer was incredible. The casino itself we had fun playing the slots, everyone was very friendly. We had a great time. I definitely will return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
That was quite an event. We are pleased you were able to participate in it. We look forward to you joining us again in one of our many events.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel, had dinner,relaxed at the pool(before it started to rain) and played some slots. It was a nice and relaxing time. The overall experience was excellent. Also had some friends in from Phx and they keep on saying had great a time they had.

Room Tip: rooms are all very nice and quiet all the places to eat have been good, have not had a bad experien...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. We are so pleased you and your friends had a great stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel and alleged "four-star resort" does not deserve the ability to call itself this. I recently spent three days here for a wedding and the entire weekend was a disaster from start to finish. From the unfriendly and unprofessional check-in to the small kiddie pool, this place certainly does not deserve a four-star appellation. My entire family, including the wedding party were treated very rudely by management as well as casino security. It seems that there is a "no-fun" policy and if you break this by having one too many drinks, security will take you to your room and where you will need to stay for "48 Hours". This is what they actually told one of the members in our party, which is fine, if you are really DRUNK! I mean this is an Indian casino right? I would not recommend this place to anyone in the Tucson area, do not waste your money. There are plenty of other "REAL" four-star joints in the desert. This hotel is posing as a professional establishment run by clowns.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MelindaGuestServMgr, Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I was disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction during your stay with us. Our team members strive hard to ensure all of our guests have a good and safe experience here at Casino Del Sol. I will definitely look into your concerns, but in the meantime, please feel free to contact me and we can discuss your concerns further.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed to celebrate my 69th birrthday on June 24th. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are very nicely furnished. The pool area is also very nice.
We ate at the Tequilla Factory. On Monday's they have taco bar, salad bar and baked potatoe bar. All are Ok but nothing special. However, they also have a prime rib bar, and the meat is as good as any we ever had. Perfectly cooked and oh so tender. What a treat. All for $15. Big glasses of wine were $5. A perfect place to have a birthday celebration and dessert was on the house. WONDERFUL!!
The casino is nice, but parts are very smokey.
All in all, a fun plce to celebate a birthday.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so happy you had good time for your birthday here at Casino Del Sol. We look forward to celebrating many birthdays with you in the future.

Been to Casino Del Sol Resort? Share your experiences!