“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5655 W Valencia Rd, Tucson, AZ 85757   |
Ranked #18 of 127 hotels in Tucson
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed one night and I was really impressed with our room. Nice and clean facing the pool. The pool was quite crowded with lots of kids! I think it was because of the holiday weekend but babies with diapers in jacuzzi? So I just laid out then went back to hotel. Great selection of restaurant choices too. Overall great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MelindaGuestServMgr, Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I am happy to learn you enjoyed your room and our restaurants. You are right, diapers and Jacuzzis do not mix. I will be passing along your concerns to the proper department. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Tucson,AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had bought tickets to se Cheech and Chong at the AVA theatre on 5/26/2013 . That experience was so awsome. I was elated. After the show I decided rather than to drive home I'd book a room and stay all night. That would allow me to have a few drinks, get some good food and maybe gamble a little. Well, none of that happened !!! The Casino was not set up to handle the large crowd. The line to get a drink was so long I couldn't get a drink. I waited 30 mins. All the dinner places were closed accept for Moby's which was packed with a waiting list 1&1/2 hrs long. I waited because by then I was starving! When I did get a seat it took another 30 mins. to get my food. By the time I eat my high from the concert was gone and washed away, it was then 2:00 AM---I was tired and totaly disappointed so I went to my room and went to bed! The room was beautiful, clean and comfortable BUT for that kind of money I should have had access to drinks, comfortable and fine dining with decent service. I will NEVER stay over night again. You need to do something about this. Since then I have shared this with my friends and some of them have had the same experience. Not good !
Terri L. Cravens -------------cravensterri@aol.com

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
I was pleased to learn you enjoyed the Cheech and Chong show, but disappointed to learn about your concerns with our dining service. I will certainly pass along your concerns to the appropriate department. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We spent the night as we were attending the Arizona Brew Ha Ha that evening. The Brew Ha Ha was fun but the hotel was a wonderful surprise. The room was supeb. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. We had drinks in the Lobby bar and enjoyed dinner at the Taquaria, super fresh Mexican food. We finished the visit with Breakfast at Moby's. wonderful inexpensive food and coffee and best waitress. We will return many time. Great destination resort.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and had fun at the Brew Ha Ha. We look forward to your return.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at Casino del Sol. The pool area was beautiful and well kept, lots of lounge chairs to use and it wasn't busy (stayed a Mon and Tues night). The guest room was very comfortable and beautifully designed. The staff seemed to realize the few of us out at the pool were relaxing and turned the too loud music off. Restaurant food was all good, wish the frozen yogurt was open in the afternoon! Visited the spa after checking out and it was beautiful and the providers were very warm and personable. Only issue was housekeeping didn't vacuum or restock the coffee supply for the second night, I found a housekeeper down the hall who was happy to assist. I would highly recommend the resort, it has something for everything and very accommodating and friendly staff!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so pleased you had a great staycation with us. We look forward to your return soon.
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Just returned from a quick sunshine getaway at Casino del Sol in Tucson. Was there for a concert. Had a great time. My room had a lovely view of the mountains and pool. A few nights some of the guests on the same floor were very noisy for a while which made sleeping difficult.

The concierge, Patricia, was uber wonderful! Every time I wanted to head off somewhere, she gave me suggestions and printed out roundtrip driving instructions. I really appreciated her expertise and friendly demeanor.

One recommendation I have is if someone requests a one hour later check out time I do not think an extra charge should be tacked onto the bill.

Room Tip: I like the 9th and tenth floor rooms with a balcony overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
MelindaGuestServMgr, Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate all feedback and will certainly pass along your suggestion. I am pleased to know Patty was able to help you. You are right, she is wonderful. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Overall an "ok" experience....we were told we would be able to call at 12 on Saturday in order to request an early check in since our friends were already staying there and we were driving from over an hour away to get there. When we called the first time I was hung up on, the second the lady was very rude and would not even check to see if our room might even be ready. We arrived about 3 and did an early check in but our room as still not ready and was told to walk around and they would call us or we could check back in periodically. We came back about 330 and a young man at the front desk was very nice, asked if the room we were assigned was the specific one we wanted. Of course we said no, we just wanted one with 1 bed since it was just my husband and I. He said there was another room available for us on a different floor right away. He then told us that specific room had been available since about 2 or so.

This irritated me and I was a little confused as to why the other 3 women who we dealt with would not even check for us. We were told this was all because of a show the night before but I have never had this happen at any of the other casinos I have stayed at with shows going on. Check out is still 11 am no matter if they have a show or not. Once we got to the room it was very nice and comfortable, and was impressed with the room itself.

The food was great at the Mexican food restaurant and the pool was very nice but other than that I am not sure we will be coming to stay at the Casino Del Sol again. There was not much to it and with other resorts/casinos around them showing better customer service and amenities, we will most likely not be back any time soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry to hear about your difficulties here with us. Our team members strive to ensure our guests have a good time, but it sounds like we missed the mark with you. I hope you will come back and give us another chance to show you our usual great guest service.
Muskego, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Love every minute of being there! The pool is absolutely gorgeous; the food is great; rooms are beautiful and clean; slots let you "play" ; everyone who works there is friendly and makes you feel extremely welcome. There is NOTHING about this hotel that I do not care for! I have stayed several times and look forward to staying even more often.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but nice to be higher up. Every room has a view; whether of the pool or the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
MelindaGuestServMgr, Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. We are so pleased we were able to accommodate you in so many ways. We look forward to your return stay with us very soon.

Been to Casino Del Sol Resort? Share your experiences!