“Very classy, more then I need.” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5655 W Valencia Rd, Tucson, AZ 85757   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 127 hotels in Tucson
South East Texas
“Very classy, more then I need.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The place was beautiful upon driving up. I had to ask the valet where exactlly was the hotel entrance. When I found the lobby which was next to a bar, your already absorbing the smoke from the ajoined casino. Upon checking in I was told that my credit card would be charged more then the basic fee and will be credited back after check out. That left an uneasy feeling. After parking in the secure parking garge I had to enter my family through part of the casino and walk in front of the lobby to get to the elevator door to the rooms. So if you have kids they to will smell the smoke. Once upstairs however it is smoke free and clean. The rooms are an amazing site with clean sheets. The bath room is alltogether no separate tolite . We did find a couple of hairs on the restroom floor. The shower is nice and the beds are great . The price was more then the others around and the drive is 6 miles or so from hwy19.
Black Jack tables are plentyful , Video poker was not and almost all are triple or 5 play. The few single play ones I found were low payouts. Like the competitor's, alcholic drinks are NOT part of the free drinks given out to players ($6) and one tender charged double ($12), unlike in the state of LA.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MelindaGuestServMgr, Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your informative review. I was pleased to read you found your room amazing, but disappointed you had trouble locating the lobby. All feedback is important, and we appreciate you taking the time to write this review.

Guest Service Manager

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Beautiful rooms and resort, they are also building a golf course which is almost done!
While there I used the spa and gym. I had a wonderful massage. The pool area
is clean and peaceful not to mention during the Thanksgiving week of November the weather
in Tucson is in the 80s!!

Room Tip: No matter what floor you are on, it is quiet and you will not hear casino noise at all.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
MelindaGuestServMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful compliments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very excited for the opening of the golf course and know it will only add to our guests’ experience here at Casino Del Sol. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.
Melinda Vollmer,
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is one of the most beautiful casino's I have ever been in and recently hubby and I decided to spend the night. The room was very pretty but the couch was hard as a rock and they had those killer pillows that you fight all night to flatten.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I just spent one night here while attending a charity event and we thought the place was beautiful. It's new and clean with one of the best "standard rooms" we've ever stayed in. It was large with comfortable furniture, a great TV and a nice bathroom and shower. The bed was very comfortable although I couldn't stand the pillows but that''s just personal taste. We wouldn't normally stay at a casino except for the event but loved the interior archictecture and the staff we encountered were very nice and helpful and rightfully proud of their facility.
There is nothing inexpensive about the details and finishes in this facility. I regret we didn't have time to use the pool facility because it was as nice as any I've ever seen.
We didn't have an opportunity to try any of the restaurnts except for breakfast which was fine and reasonably priced.
Maybe I'm just too easy to please, but if somebody asked me to recommend a beautiful facility
in Tucson (and we have stayed at all of them) that offered large, comfortable, clean rooms and a knockout pool I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this spot based on my experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
MelindaGuestServMgr, General Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. It is so nice to hear that we hit the mark in all areas. I would encourage you on your next stay to call the front desk and request a change of pillows, they have several types.
Again, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review.
Lisle, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I loved this hotel. I have to say the pool was amazing, the food incredible and the service was good in some places and lacking knowledge in others. We had a beautiful room that overlooked the pool, mountains and future golf course. Everyone was extremely friendly but I have to say some were less apt to help you. I thought for sure that a "tribal" would be very knowledgeable in their own surroundings but I had to use the concierge to find a place to hike in the area. I have to say that is my only gripe about this place, We ate at the buffet for free because we signed up for their casino card and it was amazing! I am not a huge gambler so the 10 dollars I got from the house was just enough to get me started, I did end up winning almost 70.00! Which covered our drink tab, which brings me to the drink prices which are very high but I figure it has to make up for the very reasonable food prices. We took advantage of the Happy Hour specials as much as we could. The interior of our room along withe the aforementioned view was amazing. I judge a room on two things the shower and the bed, both were incredible! The bed was very comfortable with a ton of pillows, almost too many but I would rather have that problem than not enough. The shower head was so relaxing and the decor was beautiful. We did have an issue with our air conditioner the first night but IT came first thing in the morning and fixed the problem. The staff do work at their pace so being from Chicago I am used to a hurry up and get it done mentality, so when it took 20 minutes to get our drink at the pool it did cause some frustration. It was a quiet week when we were there which I kind of liked, but would have liked to have seen more people our age there. We are in our mid 40's and were definitely the youngest one s there. There wasn't much night life except for the casino so I recommend going Thurs - Sunday when all the entertainment is there otherwise it does get boring unless you love to gamble. The firepits by the pool at night were very romantic it could be a lot of fun if the place was busy with people. If you have kids I would recommend going elsewhere, I didn't see too many things to do other than the pool. Mobys was the best for food cheap and quick service and open 24 hours. I wish we could have stayed longer but had plans to visit the Grand Canyon and do some hiking. We will definitely come back and stay again, it was very relaxing, and we will have a weekend stay the next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MelindaGuestServMgr, Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We strive to ensure our guests are well-cared for, and it looks like we hit the mark. We look forward to your return when you can stay longer.

Again, thank you so much for your wonderful comments.
TUCSON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Yesterday we made our 3rd trip to this hotel. Each time we have stayed we have come away pleased with the experience. The front desk staff are friendly, and caring as well as efficient -- as are all the other staff that we have had contact with. Any requests are handled efficiently and quickly.
Rooms are beautifully appointed, with many amenities and the most comfortable beds. The pool area was great, especially this time of year.
As this hotel is adjacent to the Pasqua Yaqui Indian casino, there are many fine restaurants and of course a myriad of gaming venues. The Casino del Sol reminds me very much of a smaller version of the Paris Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.
On each of our visits we have seen many families with very young children staying there. So gaming is not the only attraction.
The latest resort project is an 18-hole golf course. At this point it is in the land clearing stage and is visible from the elevator lobbies of the higher floors. It appears that there will be water features on quite a few holes. We have no doubt it will be spectacular when it is completed.
We live about 45 minutes drive from the Casino del Sol complex, but enjoy spending a weekend there now and then. It has become our most popular in-town get-away.

Room Tip: We found the rooms on the higher floors to be a little larger than those on the floors below.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stays with us. We are excited about the golf course and know it can only add to the enjoyment of our guests. Thank you again for taking the time to write such a nice review.
Peoria, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you are an adult, but not a gambler this is a lovely facility. The spa is small but the staff is very pleasant as is the entire hotel staff. The pool is lovely. The pool and any "teen friendly" activities closed up around 11 and even walking to restaurants (during daytime as well as evening) in the resort is problematic as they must be escorted at all times. We received differing instructions from staff on what was acceptable so it was difficult to plan activities for 3 teens. There is nothing in the area to take them to do and the resort is pretty far from town.

The casino is not really interested in repeat business. After an entire weekend of playing at the tables we discovered we had not been rated at the tables. This means that the entire play was not recorded and that is how the casino determines discounts and complimentary services toward the spa, restaurants and hotel stays. It is an industry standard in the casino world. One of our party has been in the world series of poker twice and is an elite member in most casinos in Phx and Las Vegas. He spent over $2400 in play and 16 - 20 hours at the tables. 2 of us played considerably less but were also never recorded, despite giving our players club cards and playing at only one table the entire weekend. The issue was brought to the attention of Casino Mgmt and the response from upper management was somewhat surly and unapologetic. Even the dealers offered to attest to the time spent at the tables. After a promise of research and a week or more later we were told that "We will ALLOW you to have 7 hours of credited play". We shredded our players club cards and will not be returning. Which is unfortunate, as we visit Tucson often and without the kids we would have probably returned. If you go, leave the kids at home and play the slots. Don't expect the standard "Casino Experience".

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I am disappointed to hear your stay with us was not what you expected. We strive very hard to ensure our guests have a good experience. However, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. All feedback is important.
Guest Services Manager

Been to Casino Del Sol Resort? Share your experiences!