“Really great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
London England
“Really great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Well, it just goes to show that Tripadvisor really is the place to go if you want to find a descent hotel. The other reviews are spot on. The hotel is located 10 miles to the west of the airport on Valencia, so is easy to find, with ample on-site parking. There was also an area where camper vans (RV's in USA?) were parked up. The parking is free if you self park as well, with easy access from the hotel garage.

I stayed at the Casino Del Sol for nearly a week. On check-in I was fortunate in being upgraded to a suite. Well what a terrific room, with a seperate lounge with 55" plazma TV, bar area, fridge, sink and microwave (popcorn anyone?). It also had a seperate WC room and then into the bedroom with a 46" plazma TV, en-suite walk in shower and jacuzzi bath. The decor was very modern and chic and having stayed at some very good hotels around the world, certainly stood its own against the very best of them that I have visited for in-room comfort and quality (e.g Jumeriah beach hotel - Dubai). The bed was very comfortable as well.

The hotel is very new, and this showed in the condition of the entire resort, with everything looking clean and modern. The pool area is very nice, with cushioned sunloungers and plenty of parasols to go-around. There are also some cabana's with ceiling fans. The pool is a reasonable size, with both shallow areas for children, but still deep enough for adults to swim a few lengths. There is also an adjacent pool bar. Just be aware that there are speakers around the pool with music playing most of the time - depending upon where you sat, it could get a bit annoying as you could not hear your own music through headphones as it was a bit too loud. Mind, I liked the classic rock music that was routinely played, so it was not too bad.

Food wise, there is a mix of restaurants that also range in price. PY's is a higher end steak and sea food restaurant, with starters at around $10 and mains from ~$20 upwards. Steaks ranged from about $25 to ~$45. I ate here one evening and realy realy enjoyed it - one of the better meals I have had during recent visits to the USA. There is also a buffet (~$19 evening meal), a chinese, taco and then a burger/grill bar. The chinese, I am afraid to say was a bit forgetful - but was not that expensive either. The buffet was fine, and I actually preferred some of the chinese food on offer here to the dedicated restaurant. The burger/grill was also not bad.

In the UK, smoking is no longer allowed in restaurants or bars, and had assumed this was the same across the USA. So I was a little surprised that smoking was allowed in the casino areas. The only comment was that the fume extraction didn't seem up to it at peak times, although in the adjacent restaurants you could not smell the smoke so was not a problem from that view.

A real bomus was the free wi-fi, for which most hotels seem to charge for now a days. There is also a free business centre with printers, copiers for hotel guests.

Overall, a realy pleasant stay, and would certainly not hesitate to return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
Dear FordM,

As you may have read previously, I am always grateful when a TripAdvisor.com senior contributor takes time in preparing a thoughtful, detailed, and honest review of their experience at Casino Del Sol Resort. As we know, much of the world jumps onto TA when there is a decision to be made about destination hotels; reviews, such as yours, clearly paint a vivid image and will help others make their decision to stay with us much easier.

While your comments speak for themselves, I was just mentioning to my team that I noticed, too, that the pool music is playing at a level that is somewhat more than just "background"… I will have our IT team take a look at lowering the volume to something less intrusive to relaxing poolside vacationers.

I realize, Ford M that you reside in the UK; I do hope that if and when you return to Southern Arizona that you will make Casino Del Sol Resort your hotel of choice and favor us again with your patronage.

Continued safe journeys,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
surprise
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

What a great hotel, wife & I booked in last minute on a return trip from Tx. We will make this our new get away. not as far as Laughlin and rooms/staff etc. are top shelf. Can't wait for the golf course to open.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear rich m,

I am so glad you discovered us and were delightfully surprised with our service, rooms, and amenities! And thank you for the review you posted as well on Trip Advisor.

The newest resort amenity - The Sewailo Golf Club - is currently scheduled to open late 2012; we do hope to see you back then if not sooner for another quick getaway.

Be well,
phx, az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I was headed to Tucson for business and found a deal at this new resort. Wasn't sure about staying at a 'Casino', but glad I did! I enjoyed just about every part of the trip, thanks to the comforts I found here.
Beautiful hotel area, the rooms are plush and spacious, very relaxing, wish I had time to hang around in the morning and sleep in. The resort was opened in Nov 2011, so everything still is sparkling new. Lots of fluffy pillows, and comfy bed.
Staff was very friendly, and helpful.
I needed to stay an extra night the next week, and this was the first place I looked for.
This gave me a chance to try the ammenities as well. Left a few $ in the casino, it is not a large casino, but they have a little of everything. Breakfast buffet was the only meal I did not enjoy. very limited choices.
Mobys was fine, great bfast for $6. PY Steakhouse was superb food, ambiance was a liitle bland though. An Del Sol was happening both times I was there, very busy and loud! Great sushi.
It is a bit of a drive from downtown Tucson though. It is out in the desert by itself, nothing is close enough to walk to. It is not a 'Las Vegas' type resort , but wonderful for a getaway. I actually like it better, feels more personal-

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear offroadinaj,

WOW! What a wonderful detailed review of your stay at Casino Del Sol Resort. Reviews like your certainly help others realize that we have so many great restaurants, amenities, and recreation. I am so happy to hear we exceeded your expectations - even though you were a bit apprehensive to begin with.

With the Sewailo Golf Club opening late 2012 and pool season about to begin (where we will feature pull-out-all-stops pool parties on most weekends!), there is plenty of reason to come back for another visit in the future. We look forward to that time!

Be well,
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel in Jan. 12 and it was so beautiful and so friendly and very clean. They were so nice to get a room on the 2nd floor and it was perfect. Close to ice and soda machines and close to Casino. I have trouble walking far and they were so kind to accomadate us. We live in Tucson, and what a nice get a way. The Buffet was fabulous, and Mr. Han's was wonderful! We played poker and then machines. We didn't come home ahead with money but it was still so fun!
It was nice to drive home the next day as it a 45 minute drive for us.
We just made reservations again for March for our Wedding Anniversary March 17th so we are so excited! Looking forward to another wonderful 2 days with you!!!! Marjorie Doyle

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Marjorie D,

So great to hear about the delightful time you had spent with us recently and thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor!

We are continuing to test and adjust various aspects of our food offerings at many of our restaurants; look for special theme nights coming soon to Festa International Buffet and the opening of The Oasis Pool Bar very soon.

I see you are with us again right now...I hope you enjoyed the St. Patrick's Day events across Casino Del Sol Resort last night.

Happy Anniversary!
tribune ks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel. From parking to housekeeping this hotel excells!!!
We were made to feel as important as the largest high roller. Each person we met had a smile and a welcome. Valet excellent. Security friendly. Front desk gracious and welcoming. Arriving at our beautiful king room the tv had a welcome to us. Asked housekeeping for additional coffee and request met with a smile. At night there was a knock and chocolates and water were given to us with a gracious good eve. Stay at this hotel if you are in Tucson. Worth the drive. Thank you casino Del Sol. We will be back

• Stayed February 2012
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Dear lotsofslots,

After coming back from a few days away, I was very excited to read your review outlining your overall satisfaction with Casino Del Sol Resort...sounds like we are certainly doing all the right things to create such exceptional memories!

I will share you kind words across the property with those areas that made your stay so enjoyable.

I do hope you will come back and see us again!

P.S. I LOVE that TripAdvisor screen name of yours! Nicely chosen!
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

They did a fantastic job on this resort. This hotel is located within a large casino with all your gaming pleasures. It offers a large choice of dining options, fine restaurants, snack bars, deluxe buffet and two Starbucks shops. The rooms are luxurious, high end Vegas quality. Highly recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are non-smoking, just choose what bed type you require.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear fcord,

I was pleased to receive the review you posted yesterday about your recent visit to Casino Del Sol Resort when I jumped onto Trip Advisor this evening. Thank you for the kind words.

By the sounds of it, you were seeking an upscale location to enjoy some good times! I am thrilled that we lived up to that expectation and that you would highly recommend us to others as well.

I hope we can be your choice of hotels once again in the near future.

Be well
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

First time staying at a Casino Resort. Did not know what to expect and we were impressed. Had a great stay, learned how to gamble a few dollars away and just enjoyed the rooms and the resort.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Dear minmike20,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor yesterday!

As this was your first visit to Casino Del Sol resort, we are pleased to hear that you were impressed with what we have to offer particularly when you did not know what to expect ahead of time. Now that you do know....we hope to welcome you back again in the not-to-distant future.

Until then...be well.

Been to Casino Del Sol Resort? Share your experiences!