“Wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Tucson, Arizona
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Very nice resort-style hotel, with the added bonus of the casino as well. The room was gorgeous and very comfortable. Nice to stay in a casino with NO smoke smell in the hotel part. Be sure to check out the PY Steakhouse. Only disappointment was that it was too cold to hang out in the resort pool area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the south side - beautiful view of the pool, and the mountains in the distance...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Dear 85745Gypsies,

Thank you for taking time on December 25th to review our property and sharing your thoughts with the world.

As with many of the branded hotels, we have also created a smoke free guest room product, which has been very well received for the reasons you stated. The weather in Tucson will turn to spring-time temperatures soon; I hope you will be able to return to enjoy such a wonderful pool amenity which includes our furnished cabanas, the Oasis Pool Bar, children's splash pad, 2 whirlpool tubs, a massive zero-grade entry pool and our dazzling dancing waters nightime show.

Until then, 85745Gypsies,,,Happy New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Maricopa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

We were invited to visit the Casino Del Sol resort, which we had never been to, and was it a fabulous surprise! We live in the Phoenix area which is filled with great hotels and resorts, but the Casino Del Sol resort hotel can stand with any of them. After checking in to our room (with a gorgeous view of the desert and mountains), we wandered the property, finding our way to one of the bars, where Gilbert made us the MOST amazing Bloody Marys we've ever had! We watched the light show out at the pool, enjoying the music and the sunset, then it was off to the casino for dinner at An's.

II've been to a lot of Asian restaurants that serve sushi, but An's is incredible. Mr. An greeted us and made us feel welcome. We had been told to order the Del Sol roll and the Big Bertha roll, which we did, as well as the Golden Lobster roll and the Calamari (very tender!), but our favorite was the Playboy roll - FABULOUS.

I had a massage and a Pedicure at the Hiaspi Spa - these people know how to make you relax. Margaret gave me one of the best 80 minute massages I've ever had, targeting areas that needed work. Veronica's pedicure was excellent, and from what I understand, she does PERFECT gel nails. Robin, the spa manager, made us feel welcome and comfortable, and everyone catered to our every need. I highly recommend Hiaspi.

I am happy to recommend this resort - the rooms are beautiful, the staff attentive.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool also face the mountains and the desert
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, December 24, 2011
Dear Amy T,

Sounds like the perfect getaway was had while you were our guest! Thank you for detailing every step in your review...sounds like an agenda our Concierge should suggest to every guest as the "ultimate" experience at Casino Del Sol; Gilbert's libations to start, dancing waters show at Oasis Pool, music and our gorgeous sunsets, sushi at An Del Sol, then renewal time at Hiapsi Spa. Oh, and you cant leave out some gaming time (and hopefully a big win!)

I am pleased to hear your comments about Hiapsi Spa as Robin and her team of professionals have done an outstanding job in creating sheer tranquility for our guests. I will be sure to pass along your thanks to Veronica and Margaret. Mr. An is always a welcome face in his retaurant and you already made note of Gilbert's talents...I'll be sure he knows you were so highly pleased as well.

Dont forget...we are just 90 minutes away so come on back soon for another amazing time at Casino Del Sol Resort.

Until then...Happy Holidays!
Oro Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

Hotel is very nice with spacious rooms and wonderful views. Pool area is outstanding. A must is dinner at PY's! Steaks are all certified angus beef and are excellent. Casino was crowded. Also try the Blue Panda roll at Mr. An's! Enjoy.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear 7171,

I loved the review you posted for everyone to see; short and sweet! Thank you for taking time to do so during this very busy time of the year.

Our rooms on average are 420 square feet and do provide a sense of spaciousness - something that many newer hotels are lacking. And I am pleased you experienced 2 of our finest choices for dining - PY SteakHouse and An Del Sol. I would also recommend either to our Guests who are looking for a very special evening out; both are "must sees"!

I, too, will keep this short. Thank you again...and Happy Holidays!
San Tan Valley, AZ. 85143
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

There are plenty of great things about this new hotel. This hotel was well planned with alot of places to eat for all budgets. The employees take great pride in every thing they do to see that your stay meets all your comforts and needs. Free indoor garage parking is a great plus. Check it out you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, January 1, 2012
Dear Robert K.

Happy New Year! And thank you for the kind words in your review about your stay at Casino Del Sol Resort.

We do, indeed, offer a wide variety of dining options with something for everyone. From tasty frozen yogurt at Froz-An to the finest Certified Angus Beef at PY SteakHouse. And you can bet that our 4-level parking garage will be a hit once the summer heat returns!

I will pass your comment along to our team members highlighting your overall satisfaction and we do hope to see you again soon.

Be well,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

the view from the rooms is gorgeous overlooking the pool and the mountains. the pool itself is heated and absolutely beautiful with cabanas and waterfalls. unfortunately it was raining the day we stayed there so we were unable to enjoy it. the hotel staff is very friendly. there are about five restaurants and several bars. the casino area itself is very spacious with high ceilings. some casinos seems oppressive but not this one. all in all a very pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: ask for one above the fourth floor that overlooks the pool
Dear hellopuff ,

I wanted to thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with the world about Casino Del Sol Resort. Sorry about the rain! The Oasis Pool is quite the hot spot on the nicer days; I wish the weather would have cooperated while you were here so that you could have taken advantage of our wonderfully wet amenity! As they say "there's always next time"!

On that note, I do hope you will be able to make it back to visit us again maybe for a bit longer so you can simply unwind, relax, and just "be".

Have a wonderful Holiday hellopuff!
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

This place is unbelievable. My family stayed here this weekend and had high expectations. Casino Del Sol exceeded every one of those expectations by at least a mile. Really.
The hotel is beautiful in every way. The rooms are classy and big. The bathrooms are huge and awesome. The pool is breathtaking, surrounded by fountains that light up at night and sparkling glass fire-pits. There are so many restaurants and bars, every one of them with a different ambiance and theme.
The hotel bar, Primo, was definitely my favorite. This place is so freaking classy and David and Josue were fantastic bartenders. I could be here every weekend.
As for food, Festa Buffet was the highlight of our weekend. Martin, the F&B manager of the buffet totally rolled out the Red Carpet for our family. This place is just as good, if not better than Bally's Sterling Brunch, the Wicked Spoon, or even Simon @ the Palms. I have been to them all and Festa could hold it's own against any of them. Between the quality, value, and service (thanks to Maria, our server) I would rather be here than any Vegas buffet or restaurant.
This hotel has it all and everything is reasonable. There was never a time the entire weekend where I felt anything was expensive.

Where there a couple of faults, of course. This place is brand new. However, the Pluses outweighed the Minuses 100-fold. If asked what I would change, I can only say 3 things:

1. Better signage for the check-in procedure. (Entrance, Parking, Front Desk, Bell Desk, etc.)
2. Handicapped equipped or automatic doors at the entrance (I hate having to open double doors when doors when my hands are full. This should be done ASAP)
3. Build an Arcade for the kiddies(The perfect location would be by the pool entrance close to the elevators)

The Pascua Yaqui tribe really outdid themselves with this resort and should really be proud.

I dealt with some really awesome staff during this stay and I really need give thanks to Sylvia Lopez. She really did an awesome job making my wife's birthday special. Sylvia arranged beautiful flowers waiting in the room upon arrival and a Spa treatment that was the best my wife had ever had. Sylvia was extremely professional and the Tribe chose a great person to manage this resort.

I really could keep going on and on about how great this place is, but I am tired from all the fun I had at the resort this weekend.

Dear tucsongeorge,

I have been remiss in responding to your flattering review of our resort....but did want to be sure to thank you. Holy Moly indeed! It is always gratifying when we hear that we have truly exceeded our guest's expectations - particularly on so many levels. And when a guest remembers the names of those that took extra care in creating such a memorable experiences it makes it even better!

Oh, and thanks for the favorable Vegas comparison - LOVED that!

I have sent copies of your review to Prema and Festa managers so that they can recognize the team members that you pointed out. As well, I have shared your comments with Sylvia Lopez.

We are working on signage and the automation of the doors - points well taken.

Hoping to see you back again soon.....Happy Holidays!
Tucson,AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

This is a Brand new Upscale Casino Hotel and looks beautiful on the Surface.
Several small annoyances and lack of attention to detail by the Staff left me feeling the resort was lacking compared to Other Tucson Resorts.
Check-in was smooth but when we attempted to take out luggage to the Room a Hotel employee told us we needed to move our car right away. I told Him we had just checked-in as was obvious and I was only going to drop the luggage in the room and then go and move the car. He wanted it moved right away and couldn't wait the three mins it was going to take to drop the luggage in the room. Never had a situation like this at anyother Hotel I have stayed.
The Traditional King room we had was nicely furnished and well layed out although the bathroom was on the small size and lacked needed vanity counter space.
Room has a Keurig Kcup coffee Maker and we were in the mood for a cup of coffee but the maid had only left a single disposible starbucks coffee cup. went in the Hall and nicely informed the maid who was nearby that we only had one cup and if she could give us another. She said "oh,I don't have any" and went about her business. We decided to just share the single cup and I decided to connect my Iphone to the Ihome clock Radio in the unit. Clock displayed the Time but would not turn on to power my Iphone or play music from it.
Complementary WIFi internet is advertised but when I attempted to agree to the terms and conditions it asked for my room number and last name and then attempted to charge me approx $13
The access web page is tricky with a small free access button and then a larger sign-in window asking for room number and last name. Click the free access button and your done and have complementary access. mistakenly input your room number and last name and get a fee charged to your room, Not very friendly or honest of the resort to play this game.
Called the front Desk to report the problem with the Ihome clock radio dock as well as missing coffee cup and was told they would send someone. After waiting around 45 Min's and nobody had shown up we gave up and went to explore the Hotel grounds and Casino. Pool Area was very nice as was the lobby Bar with Gas fireplace. 24 Hour complementary Fitness room looked really well equipped but we found it odd that we would have to first go outside into the cold befor entering the Fitness center in the cold Dec morning. The other entrance is thru the Spa and when its closed you must go outside to access it.
casino area looked very vegas like but the smoke in the air really irritated my eyes something I don't have a issue with in Vegas casinos. The smoke eaters don't seem to be working as well in this Casino for some reason. Took a look at the Resturants and Buffet offerings that were available. Buffet room looked very nice but had very few people and the food items looked like they had been sitting for sometime. Beef Brisket at the carving station looked pretty burnt on the outside but the pork loin looked good. Pizza looked very dried out and several items were missing or looked picked over. We were told it was $19 per person for the dinner they were serving and that didn't seem much of a value to us. I don't mind paying a Premium price if the food is truely a Premium offering. The lack of Prime Rib and seafood didn't give me the impression that this was a premium buffet I normally experience in Vegas.
Mr An's Asian resturant seemed more appealing to us and we enjoyed some Sushi and beers there that were really good.
Back in the room we found that the Ihome still did not work and no coffee cups were delivered.
I discovered the Ihome was unplugged from the wall behind the night stand and running on battery power so I fixed that. Found a supervisor in the hall when I went to get ice and told her about the missing coffee cups that were never delivered. She apologized and returned with two coffee mugs 5 Min's latter.
The Bathroom had a odd Chemical smell that would get stronger at times and seemed to possibly becoming thru the vents. It was really making me sick but I could not place what it was exactly. The scent in the room needs some improvement by the Housekeeping staff.
Noise from other rooms was also very obvious. We could hear people talking and banging around at all hours in the other rooms. Worse part was when I was taking the next morning I found lomh black hairs all over the wall of the shower. House keeping had not cleaned it properly from the previous guests. Shower has no door that closes and the water sprays out and on the floor. We packed up right away and checked out after that experience.
Being a New hotel it still needs to work the kinks out in some areas it seems.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, December 17, 2011
Dear JtravelAZ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your experience with us and, I must say, that your points are well taken. Since the time of your review, I have sent the comments to all department heads concerned to review with their teams as to what the experience can feel like when we are not watching the details carefully and not completeing required follow up.

So you know, the back order on coffee mugs has been resolved, signs have been ordered to ensure clarity regarding temporary parking in front of the resort, and all in-room Housekeeping issues have been addressed. With Festa International Buffet being new, we are making operational adjustments for the best quality.

I am pleased that you found many of our amenities and outlets enjoyable and representative of a high-end resort expeience; I am hopeful that you will give us another try in the near future.

Happy Holidays from all of us,

Been to Casino Del Sol Resort? Share your experiences!