“Sushi” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #606 of 1,697 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Japanese
“Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Ate here four times in three days. Sampled lots of different rolls. All were excellent. Almost forgot I was in Tucson, almost!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We ordered take out and the sushi was actually warm, was kind of scared but ate it anyway. California rolls were bland, spicy tuna was just okay. Would look for another sushi place before this one.

Visited May 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Fantastic sushi for the middle of the desert. They prepared a few special rolls for me and they were great.

Visited May 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Sachiko on Valencia Rd.--Prepare to be IMPRESSED”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Sachiko Sushi (and Japanese cuisine) II on Valencia Rd. is butted up to a mediocre Mexican chain joint and an Egee's. Upon entering the establishment you will notice a long sushi bar you can sit at that displays all the fresh fish you might order as sushi. I've only ever done take-out, but I've seen that once you're seated and your order taken, your drinks come with a little bowl of soup, probably miso. And that's a pretty good start to a yummy meal.

Sachiko boasts 23 items on the "Lunch Special" menu (served from 11am to 2:30pm) includes Teriyaki dishes, sushi, and sashimi, ranging from $4.95 to $10.95. There is also a 23 item appetizer menu, a salad menu including Yama Kake and Tataki, combo plates with teriyaki meats and tempura and sushi for under $20 bucks, an extensive noodle soup selection including Udon, Yakisoba and Ramen. The sushi menu lists a bunch of stuff I haven't tried yet--but there's eel, roe variations, crab, and plenty of tuna sushi to chose from, all smartly priced and fresh, fresh, fresh.

My most favorite Sachiko specialty is actually the crab puffs (5 per order). I have NEVER ordered crab puffs that have been as outstanding as Sachiko's. Hand-crimped and STUFFED with a ton of crab, I don't think there's actually even an ounce of cream cheese in them. They come with a delicious and obviously homemade dipping sauce that I swear has a hint of banana and chili in it (haven't asked what it's made of yet)--the point being it's not your standard sweet/sour sauce. Hands down the BEST crab puffs in Arizona. And I'm super picky about the CP's.

Situated close to airport hotels, this humble-on-the-outside hidden jem is a treasure waiting to be discovered by those who crave really fresh sushi or sashimi, some outstanding noodles or savory teriyaki, and really good prices for the quality and quantity that is brought to your table. I can't wait for payday to visit Sachiko again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oakville, Canada
“Enjoyed our meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were out sight-seeing when we drove by Sachiko Sushi II. We love sushi so we throught we would return for dinner. I am very glad we did. The sashimi and sushi were very tasty. The portions were the right size. The pieces of sashimi were not cut too thin or too thick, they were perfect. The services was quick and pleasant. I am glad we happen by and would definitely return. The location is also perfect if you are staying in a hotel near the airport.

• Visited September 2013