“They have hazelnut and almond milk!!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #770 of 1,688 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
San Diego, California
“They have hazelnut and almond milk!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Savaya was recommended to me by someone at the gym I dropped in at. It was a narrow space, but cozy with seating at the bar, as well as tables. I got a spicy chai latte with a shot of espresso and almond milk! Most places don't carry almond milk, so I always get excited when I get it. Savaya also had hazelnut milk which the girl let me taste and it was AWESOME. I need to find some of that asap!

The chai was very spicy (as in tons of ginger) and it was good, but a bit too gingery. Manni got a mocha and his was good but again, not the greatest mocha ever.

Just a quick note – the girl working was awesome. Super friendly, laid back, really seemed to enjoy being there, and I thought it was extra cool that she knew lots of the people who came through the door (regulars, I presume). It was a nice atmosphere overall and a place that I could see people hanging out at on a regular basis.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Tucson, AZ
“Regular coffee - go elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We don't often drink the fancy coffee drinks, just want an excellent robust cup of coffee. We did not find it at this coffee shop. This is what they do, we saw no evidence of any baked item or sweet, so we expected a really good cup of coffee. What we received was lukewarm from a pump pot and the dregs at that. Unfortunately, we didn't realize it (we didn't drink it there) until we had walked a bit to the other end of the complex to enjoy our coffee. We had each gotten a different blend and they were both bad - I dumped mine out completely and we shared the slightly hotter and better blend. Don't waste your time and money here - we usually get an excellent cup of coffee at AJ's while at La Encantada - wished we had gone there instead.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“More than your average cup of Joe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We tried Savaya at La Encantada the other day, after having passed it by a number of times. In fact, after a recent breakfast at one of our favorite restaurants, Jaspers, we headed over to Le Buzz when the "we need good coffee" bug hit us. Savaya at this location is a small shop where they craft each cup. The prices are higher than you would expect... and so is the octane. In general, my mocha was excellent, and I'll come back if I need a latte and I'm in the neighborhood. It's limited selection and lack of ambiance would not make it a primary destination... and it is certainly superior to Starbucks.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson
“Best Ginger Soy Chai Latte”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is one of those coffee/tea shops that are hidden in a strip mall and not so visible from the street. However, once you've had their warm lingering ginger chai latte, you know you can't go anywhere else for your chai fix. Savaya roasts their own coffee beans and even hold batista classes for the interested. The green tea leaves are whole and a big scoop is used to steep your cup. The cafe latte I had here was delish. If you want your coffee and tea done right, give Savaya a try. They have wifi and tables and seats for you to linger in as well. Ps...they do take a few minutes longer to pour their cup, but the wait is worth it.

• Visited August 2012
San Francisco, California
“Spectacularly Great Coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

These people LOVE coffee. We watched them prepare their ice-water drip - a unique cold water coffee that gives you all the flavor and none of the bite. They roast their own gourmet beans, and make a perfect latte. And on top of that the store is decorated with panache.

• Visited May 2012