“Simple but really nice piece of history” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 269 things to do in Tucson
Tucson, AZ
8 attraction reviews
“Simple but really nice piece of history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Lots of old horse and soldier things. Located in Trail Dust Town which is a fun place to walk around in. Cheap to visit and interesting. But it is open air type I believe and maybe a bit dusty. I enjoyed it.

Visited November 2012

Tucson, Arizona
11 attraction reviews
“Off the beaten path, but a treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I lived in Tucson for 23 years and had no idea this was here. I googled sights and found this. What a little treasure! Tucked away in Trail Dust Town off of Tanque Verde, you have to want to find it. Inside it tracks the history of the horse soldier and his mission. Horsemen will appreciate the evolution of bridles, bits, and saddles. The docents are very knowledgeable and happy to take questions. This museum is very focused in its collection, and may not appeal to all. From my perspective though, worth the visit.

Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“A Tucson gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

After reading reviews and visiting their website, my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to this gem of a museum. The owner has taken great care to amass a treasure of memorabilia and has formed exhibitions that are both well thought out and thought provoking. We will be back and will encourage our friends to visit, too.

Visited July 2013
Gilbert, AZ
“Very Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I want to say thanks again to the caretaker/owner for his personal guided tour through this very nice facility. We were very impressed with the quality and quantity of Horse Soldier items on display. Although very new, this is already a great museum and we enjoyed our almost two hour visit. Our tour was worth way more than the price of admission. The story behind the only Civil War flag on display in Arizona was very amazing. You will not be disappointed with your visit to this new Tucson treasure.

Visited June 2013
Istanbul
“One for all the family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Place was being extended when I visited, work shold be finished by now. Staff took time to expain things and answer questions. Almost like a personal tour. A fascinating look at history.

Visited May 2013