“Awesome Balloon Ride” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 44 activities in Tucson
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Tucson Hot Air Balloon Rides offers 'Sonoran Sunrise' flights followed by a delicious champagne brunch. Flights are an hour long and include beautiful mountain & desert panoramas, post flight champagne brunch, pictures of your flight and free pick-ups/drop-offs from all Tucson resorts and hotels.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Houston, Texas
18 attraction reviews
“Awesome Balloon Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a great time on this balloon ride. It was us and two other couples and Kevin manning the controls. Kevin was great pilot and full of knowledge of the area. We started off before sunrise and rose to 2500 feet for the sunrise and spectacular views. We then dropped down over the desert floor. We watched jack rabbits scurrying around, roadrunners speeding off, and red tail hawks looking for breakfast. Part of the time we were cruising just inches above cotton fields and sorghum fields. The landing was a little bumpy, but Kevin had us well prepared.

Afterwards, we stopped by a park for a Champaign brunch.

Visited October 2013

Sierra Vista, Arizona
“My Father in Law's 88th Bucket-List Birthday Balloon Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was on my FIL's bucket list, so my DH and I took him up for his birthday with our college-student daughter. With set up and pack up it took about 2.5 hours so be sure you use the facilities beforehand. I am terrified of heights, but not of planes, so I was worried that I would freak out, but we went anyway. I figured I could freak out to myself, if necessary. No such problem. It was awesome! The only complaint I had was with Mother Nature as the winds were very fast, so the ride was only an hour (which felt like 10 minutes). I was a little concerned about my FIL having to stand for an hour, but he felt great -- there was so much to see. He couldn't climb up into the basket, so they tipped it over and he got in just fine. The landing was no problem either. The basket tipped on its side for easy egress. It's not cheap, but IT IS WORTH IT! Now we all want to go again!

Visited October 2013
Chicago, IL
10 attraction reviews
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Once in a lifetime experience. Went with our 10 year old and she loved it. We were a little concerned that the landing would be rough but Kevin brought it down smoothly. The flight was great. Great views of the mountains and surrounding area. This is a nice family run business that treats their customers well. They take photos and send you a link to download, no additional cost. If you're looking for a great experience this is the company to use.

Smithers, Canada
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

What a fantastic ride. Kevin led us on a wonderful trip, the weather was perfect, the sites amazing, and the brunch was an excellent way to finish off the special morning. I would highly recommend anyone interested in a ballon ride to book with Tucson Ballon Rides!!

Bloomington, Indiana
“Wife's bucket list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My children bought this for my wife's 50th birthday. What a beautiful and fun experience. Tucson Balloon Rides and pilot Kevin Wilbur provided a great experience and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I highly recommend it and hope you have a wonderful time enjoying Tucson from an entirely new perspective.