“Gyro makin' me hungry!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 1,701 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Join us for a great meal as Chef Casey Yeaton creates your dish from real food. Where else in Tucson can you get tender delicious Octopus? Fall off the bone Lamb Shanks? Sign up for our FishGram!! Need catering? Call us!
“Gyro makin' me hungry!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stopped by here with a colleague of mine for lunch. As we walked through the doors, our eyes began to admire all the murals of Greece, the "Parthenon" at the entry, and the celestial cherubs painted on the ceiling. We were seated to a table decorated in white & blue linens. We both opted for the Gyro lunch special. The Gyro meat was tender and full of flavor, the tzatziki sauce was creamy and the pita bread was warm and fresh. I look forward to returning and trying something different!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

West Yellowstone, Montana
“Mediocre Food in Catalina”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We have been eating here since opening day. The original owner/chef prepared excellent meals. Since then, a new owner/chef has taken over. The quality and consistency of the food has been very different. We recently invited guests, making a reservation. When we arrived a foursome was seated at the table we has been promised and being given menus. We arrived a few minutes early. From there all went down hill. We had hoped our previous dining experiences after the takeover had been flukes We are easygoing and generally non critical, however the mediocrity of the food is worth mentioning.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jimmy P, Owner at It's Greek to Me, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
I am sorry you have had a problem with our food. Can you let me know what day you came? I always like to make sure that your experience is a good one. Thank you for your review and please let me know next time you are in, so I can make sure we take care of you, and meet your expectations.

Jimmy
Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent Greek in Catalina, wow!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Definitely the best Greek food in the Tucson area. Excellent home made hummus and tazekki, feta to die for ... Beautiful fresh ingredients. Some surprise touches like adding cinnamon to the baklava, terrific flavor hit, not just sweet.

Very friendly and helpful staff. A must go to place for us.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Some of THE Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

If you don't mind driving a little north of Tucson to Catalina (not very far at all) you're in for a Greek food delight. This small restaurant has such ambience you'll fall in love with it as soon as you enter.... and the food, well, it's some of the very best Greek food you'll get within miles of Tucson. Everything is fresh and flavorful and cooked to perfection. And you just have to order the Tiri Saganaki, which is an absolutely scrumptious cheese-sautéed-and-brandy-flambéed appetizer, served with warm pita bread. My lunch was Spanakopita served with a fresh Greek salad - the very best I've ever had, and if you have room for dessert you simply can't leave without having a slice of their homemade Baklava. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive and we'll certainly be going back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
burbank, ca
“Very good food, technically in Catalina, not Tucson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

This place is a trek from Tucson. That said, the food is very good and I have eaten there on four occasions in the past year, all for dinner. The octopus is wonderful. As is the spinach spanakopita. The staff and owner, Jimmy, are very accommodating and friendly. The prices are in line with the quality and serving sizes. The room has that Greek restaurant look to it. The only thing you should know going in is that the restaurant is near a large retirement community and as such the average age of customer skews over 60. I would not bring kids there and I usually feel a bit out of place myself. Definitely not a date place for anyone under 50. Worth visiting if you are in the area.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to It's Greek to Me? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage It's Greek to Me, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.