“After many visits I'm still going back for more” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 1,684 restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Join us for a great meal as Chef David d'Auteuil creates your dish from real food. Where else in Tucson can you get tender delicious Octopus? Fall off the bone Lamb Shanks? Sign up for our FishGram!! Need catering? Call us!
Taipei, Taiwan
“After many visits I'm still going back for more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I really like this place- the decor is kitschy, the wait staff is friendly, and the owner is chatty and the food is good. I've eaten here so many times that I can't list all the items I've tried- I usually go for a gyros plate, which is hard to find fault with. We order the chicken or calamari quite often as well- both great. I also really enjoy their Moussaka. I've tried all the appetizers and they are all very good. The taramosalata is good, quite fishy, but I suppose that's just what it is. I have found recently though that some of the menu items have been really, really garlicky. I like garlic, but this is a bit over the top. Also, I've noticed that the prices are going up...and up....this wasn't the cheapest place to eat in the first place. I hope they stay put!

You will find that you end up taking a good portion of your food home as the servings are massive! I personally like this because I know I'm going to get two good meals out of what I order.

If you ask the owner, he'll even come up with a menu for your table and just bring dishes he thinks you should try- we do this and always enjoy it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
Tucson, Arizona
“Great as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This review covers two recent trips to this restaurant - once for lunch and once for dinner.

This first visit was for lunch with a friend. I got there a few minutes before my friend, so George brought out a plate with warm pita, hummus, tzatziki sauce and olives to munch on while I was waiting. Both of us ordered the Greek Salad with grilled salmon. It was one of the best salads I've ever eaten - the salmon was cooked to perfection and sat on a bed of fresh greens.

My wife and I returned for dinner about a week later. Based on how good the salmon had been on my last visit I ordered it again. And I was not disappointed at all. The salmon was served with rice and a Greek Salad. My wife had the Spanikopita, which also came with a Greek salad. She let me have a bite and it was heavenly. My only real complaint is that I wish they wouldn't put the salad on the same plate as the hot food - it would be much better on a separate plate.

Service both times was excellent - attentive but not obtrusive.

This place has become one of our favorite restaurants anywhere in the area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Perhaps better than any in Greece”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The food and staff are the best. The gyro plat is one of the best and I always look forward to enjoying the meal with one the excellent greek wines on the menu.

Visited May 2013
Clinton, Washington
“Best Greek Restaurant in Tucson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We just love this place. The food rocks and the chef/owner is a hoot. Their calamari is my favorite. But go to the Catalina site--parking is easy and free and the owner usually is at that site. They have a wonderful fixed price lunch for groups, too, with a tasty 3-course lunch, including selected beverages at a very reasonable price. Our book group couldn't believe what a bargain that lunch was. Make a reservation on weekends because it's jammed and you'd have to wait a while.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“A great little place with excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I go to It's Greek to Me every time I visit Tucson. It is a little, quiet, wonderful restaurant tucked away in a strip mall in Catalina. The food is consistently excellent and their service is great. They have a good selection of very good Greek wines. I recommend calling for reservations on a weekend for lunch or dinner or if you have a larger group. If you have a birthday or special occasion be sure to let your server know and you will get a piece of delicious yogurt cake. :-) The owner, George, is very friendly and was able to tell me what is gluten free on the menu in addition to asking if there was a special occasion when I called for our reservation. When I told him we had 2 birthdays in our group, he said he would bake a cake for them! Their seafood special was salmon and it was the best I have had, spiced and cooked perfectly. Their gyros and Greek salad are both excellent and all portions are very generous.

• Visited March 2013