“Perhaps better than any in Greece” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 1,684 restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Join us for a great meal as Chef David d'Auteuil creates your dish from real food. Where else in Tucson can you get tender delicious Octopus? Fall off the bone Lamb Shanks? Sign up for our FishGram!! Need catering? Call us!
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Perhaps better than any in Greece”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The food and staff are the best. The gyro plat is one of the best and I always look forward to enjoying the meal with one the excellent greek wines on the menu.

Visited May 2013

92% Recommend
Clinton, Washington
“Best Greek Restaurant in Tucson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We just love this place. The food rocks and the chef/owner is a hoot. Their calamari is my favorite. But go to the Catalina site--parking is easy and free and the owner usually is at that site. They have a wonderful fixed price lunch for groups, too, with a tasty 3-course lunch, including selected beverages at a very reasonable price. Our book group couldn't believe what a bargain that lunch was. Make a reservation on weekends because it's jammed and you'd have to wait a while.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“A great little place with excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I go to It's Greek to Me every time I visit Tucson. It is a little, quiet, wonderful restaurant tucked away in a strip mall in Catalina. The food is consistently excellent and their service is great. They have a good selection of very good Greek wines. I recommend calling for reservations on a weekend for lunch or dinner or if you have a larger group. If you have a birthday or special occasion be sure to let your server know and you will get a piece of delicious yogurt cake. :-) The owner, George, is very friendly and was able to tell me what is gluten free on the menu in addition to asking if there was a special occasion when I called for our reservation. When I told him we had 2 birthdays in our group, he said he would bake a cake for them! Their seafood special was salmon and it was the best I have had, spiced and cooked perfectly. Their gyros and Greek salad are both excellent and all portions are very generous.

• Visited March 2013
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The restaurant is top of line food and good service. Been there many times and will continue to go! The rice pudding is to die for as well as the Gyro plate.

• Visited February 2013
Oro Valley, Arizona
“Outstanding Place - Try it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Located in Catalina AZ, just follow AZ 77 N toward Oracle and stop at the first sign of life in Catalina. What a blessing to find this place in the middle of nowhere. The chef is the owner and he is one funny and friendly guy. I think his family helps runs the place and we have been there 3 times in the past month. I tried the Gyro plate the first time and brought home half of it. My husband loves the hummus and home-made yogurt tzatziki sauce. He eats the vegetarian menu items and I eat the meat dishes! We always order the greek salad without the feta and have had the house red wine and never left hungry or upset about the service. Outstanding! Love the atmosphere there and the paintings on the walls are works of art. I know this sounds cheeky but Kudos for this place that will become our regular place when we're hungry, want great service and food for outstanding prices. Well Done!

• Visited February 2013