“Our go-to chinese-thai restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #151 of 1,683 restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai
Description: http://www.luckiesthaiasian.com/Location.html
Description: http://www.luckiesthaiasian.com/Location.html
“Our go-to chinese-thai restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Everything we have eated at Luckies is great! Love their Pad Thai, Wor Wonton soup, Mongonlian beef, Kung pao chicken, and Egg Foo yung! Easy tp pick up on my way home from work. nice little containers make it easy for left over lunches the next day! Fast, good and convienent!

• Visited March 2013

93% Recommend
Tucson AZ
“Convenient and tasty take-out for Rita Ranch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My family has been getting take-out from Luckie's about every couple months for the last few years. They have a good menu of typical Chinese and Thai dishes. The good thing is that they are very flexible and will mix and match. I often swap tofu in places where it is not listed as an option. I also typically tell them to make everything spicy. Even the dishes which are listed as spicy need to be taken up a notch for my taste. They have take-out menus and it is generally advised to call ahead so you don't have to wait the 15-20 minutes. The prices are fair - neither high nor low. As other reviewers have noted, the setting is in a strip mall, but hey, this is Rita Ranch where the Mexican restaurant I frequent is in a gas station! Luckie's used to have a Chinese buffet of about a dozen items which you could use to make yourself a value priced meal with no waiting. However, they have removed this feature. There is one other Thai restaurant in Rita Ranch - I go to Lucky's for take-out and Saing Thai for sit down, but there is really no solid reason for this, I could easily reverse this if I wasn't set in my ways. I recommend trying each.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
tucson
“Luckies, a really GREAT Little Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Luckie’s Thai-Asian Cuisine is a really GREAT find. If you’re passing through Tucson (or live there) it’s on the east side in a strip mall off Houghton not too far from I-10. It's a very small place with a big menu. The food is flavorful, inexpensive and varied. You want Chinese? Thai? You want your choice of meat (including tofu or none)? You want it mild? Spicy? Whatever, Luckie’s has it and it’ll probably cost you less than $10. Unlike most Asian restaurants, Luckie’s is devoid of distracting music and décor. The one whimsical touch is the clay “happy pigs” available for sale at the counter in case you need a souvenir. My family certainly found Luckie’s Thai dishes to our liking. The Pork Pad Thai (fried rice noodles with pork, vegetables and egg) was not at all like the uniform globs of Pad Thai sampled elsewhere. Instead, Luckie’s version offered delightful variation, with distinct textures and tastes in every mouthful. The Thai Cashew Chicken was flavorful, well-seasoned, with colorful crisp fresh vegetables and tender chicken. The Vegetable Panang Curry (vegetables simmered in curry paste, coconut milk, peanut sauce, basil and lime) was rich without being heavy. We all agreed it was the best looking dish on the table. The Seafood Pho (Thai noodle soup with mussels, shrimp, crab, bean sprouts, cilantro and basil) was bursting with flavor, especially the numerous chunks of seafood. I added a fresh chili pepper and several scoops of chili paste. Perfect. For dessert we sampled the sweet-tart combination of Sweet Rice with Mango and the scrumptious Homemade Thai Coconut Ice Cream. We look forward to trying some Chinese dishes from the other side of the menu.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Always good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have been going Luckie's for the past year and its always been great. The Thai food is really good I haven't ordered too much off the chinese side but have had most things Thai. The prices are competitive as well and the staff is friendly. If you like Thai food its.worth trying out.

tucson, AZ
“Surprised to find such great food in an ordinary strip mall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Southeast Tucson doesn't have a lot of restaurants and we're fortunate to have Luckies. The family that owns the restaurant is quite friendly and welcoming. Both the Chinese and Thai sections of the menu are quite good, although we enjoy the Thai the most as they are willing to make it five star hot for those in our family who crave heat in their food. Service is quick, too.

It's our regular go-to place for Thai.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Luckie's Thai-Asian? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Luckie's Thai-Asian, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.