“Very Eclectic!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Acton, California
“Very Eclectic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

The atmosphere is not "upscale", but the food was different because the combinations were not the usual. We absolutely loved it. The Basil Granita Margarita was to die for...seriously. Service was fabulous...I would definitely go back the next time I'm in Tucson.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Not that Amazing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Was expecting amazing food and a fun upscale atmosphere. Although I had fantastic company and great service, the food was "ok". We ordered the "chefs board", what I expected based on reviews was a mouth watering experience. What I got was passable, not horrible, but certainly not amazing. I'm thinking a trip to any local farmers market could have secured me, much better food, high quality and freshness. In short if offered another chance to dine there, I would pass.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Green Cove Springs, Florida
“3 Words: Red. Velvet. Cake.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Food was very good, and service was spectacular, but it is the red velvet cake that merits this 5-star review! The best red velvet cake I have ever had! Dinner was unique and flavorful, the service was friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere was great for a date night. Portions are large, so remember to save room for dessert! I would even return just for dessert and coffee anytime!

Vienna, Virginia
“Great meal and service, worth the drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I very much enjoyed the Crispy Salmon a nicely prepared and presented dinner. The textures and flavors were great. I would love to come back more to try some of the other things on the menu. Everyone was friendly and attentive without being intrusive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great date night spot, great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I heard about Jax from a friend of mine and decided to try it out for myself. I figured it would be a nice date night out for my girlfriend and I, and I sure was not disappointed.

The place is a bit small but has a comfortable charm to it. I'm not a drinker but it did have a nice little bar which I got a margarita for my lady. It was one of the most delicious mix drinks I've tried. The Orange and other fruit flavors went well with the tequila.

Our server was very helpful in explaining the dishes and appetizers.I had the duck with a corn pudding, that was cooked perfectly and had the flavors of a rich Thanksgiving feast. It was the best duck dish ive had in Tucson. My girlfriend had a salmon dish that she was very pleased with. Both of the dishes were a good price around $22 each and well worth it, because they were delicious and a different meal.

I would love to go back and try the dinners for two, the beef roast dinner that was on menu sounded delicious. This restaurant is definitely worth going back to.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere