“Give It A Try - Good Food But Lacks Ambience” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Arizona
“Give It A Try - Good Food But Lacks Ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We went here for dinner on Sunday evening. The place is in competition with several other popular restaurants that are adjoining. The other restaurants were doing a brisk business with customers waiting outside to be seated. This place, however, was empty except for a few people. The servers were busy trying to look busy, but really had nothing to do. The decor is stark, with high dark ceilings and pendant lights over the tables. The dining tables are close to one another with no dividers and the acoustics are such that you can easily hear other conversations. The place just has a weird feeling to it. There is a sushi bar in the center of the restaurant and it had a couple of single guys watching the TV and drinking beer. Not surprisingly, we were seated right away. The menu has very interesting selections. The server, Chloe, was excellent. She was friendly and very efficient, which I like. We were given Miso soup free of charge to soften the long wait for the dish I ordered - mongolian beef. My wife has eaten here several times and tells me that the service is always good, but the chef seems to take too long to serve the food.
I have had mongolian beef before, and it is usually grilled and served in very thin pieces. This presentation was really different. The beef was like a small steak sliced into about 8 or 9 pieces about 3/8" thick. It was marinated and served over a dollop of garlic mashed potatoes. The beef was flavorful, but not quite as tender as I was expecting - it was good however. My wife had the pad thai - the portion was huge - she could not finish it. She added chicken to the dish, and there was so much chicken I swear it was a double serving. After finishing mine, I finished hers and let me tell you it was delicious. It was an interesting experience.
I definitely will go back here to try some other dishes, but I wish they would revamp the interior.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tucson, AZ
“Good Food/ awful noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is one of the few places in Tucson you can get asian fusion food. --- Chinese/Thai/Indian. Food good, service excellent, but go early unless you like deafening. Some idiot designed the place to maximize noise. Great happy hour. My wife loved her salmon. My Hong Kong shrimp excellent. Prices reasonable . $17 entrees

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The most economical way to experience the great Asian food at OM is to go for happy hour...3-6 PM when you can get half priced drinks, appetizers and main dishes. The room is quiet, the food is Asian fusion and excellent. For Saki lovers, OM has an extensive number of very good and reasonably priced Saki. Served warm, Saki adds to the flavor of the food. Service is excellent, ample parking, reasonable prices, and exceptional food. My family and I went there on New Years Eve and my 3 year old grandson was enthralled with the food and the decorations. OM is very family friendly but great for couples and friends.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Nice Change for Tucson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have tried this restaurant for lunch and dinner, and the food has been quite good. I don't eat sushi, but there is a lot of variety on the menu. I found the portions a little on the large side, but very tasty. I don't really love the ultra-modern decor, but keep going for the food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson
“Outside the box for Tucson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Several years back we ordered the 'Bento box' lunch which was delightfully different. No longer on the menu but the owner said it could be requested. This is a very attractive, ultra modern decor restaurant with great service and menu offerings that appear to be based on Malaysian cuisine probably not available elsewhere in Tucson. Portions are large with a rich but somewhat more delicate taste than most Asian food. They now also offer a small but very well appointed lunch buffet that we plan to explore on our next visit.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

If you own or manage Om, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.