“Interesting new asian choice in Tucson” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tucson, Arizona
“Interesting new asian choice in Tucson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Four of us tried the new Om Asian restaurant last night. We found it to be an excellent new addition to Tucson's variety of restaurants. The ambiance is modern glass and chrome, with a large room dominated in it's center by a very large sushi bar. Unfortunately, even with reservations, we were seated at a table near the kitchen traffic, however there was no other table available. They did try to look for another one though.
My wife and I shared a starter of steamed lobster dumplings with ponzu dressing, while the other couple tried the chicken lettuce wraps with hoisin glaze. I found the dumplings somewhat bland, and found the wraps more interesting ( and spicy). For entrees, both women tried the shrimp and asparagus in dark sauce. The sauce seemed a little too thick and heavy- sort of like a black bean sauce. The thai basil chicken was tasty and interesting. However, my dish, the Dan Dan Noodles, I found to be the best dish of the four (my good luck). We all decided that we would try the sushi on another visit. All in all, the ambiance was good, as was the service, and we would definitely come back.This is a more upscale asian restaurant- in no way a typical chinese or japanese place. This is probably also not the place to bring small children.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bucks County, Pa
“sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

What a delight. Went w/wife and brother/wife. Arrived a little early and it turned out to be
"sushi happy hour". Most sushi/sashimi offered at 60-70% of normal price. We tried a variety
of 'rolls'. All scored high on our satisfaction meter. A chicken lettuce wrap was delicious.
Drinks also scored high by everyone. Definitely worth the visit. My brother lives in Tucson and
he and his wife will be back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson
“Foothills favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We have been to this local restaurant multiple times and have always had a good to excellent dining experience. The happy hour specials are diverse, with many sushi choices and other specialties. Ther egualr menu choices are also interesting. The setting is attractive, service generally good, although sometimes a bit slow.

• Visited June 2012
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Southeast Asia Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My wife and I, along with our two kids-3 and 5 yr olds, decided to try this place for their sushi. We were pleasantly surprised that the menu include several dishes other than just sushi. The ambiance was great--seems like a place that could please a couple or a family. The food was good but the sushi was even better. We enjoyed a pineapple fried rice, some Thai or Vietnamese noodles, sushi, and lettuce wraps. All the food was very tasty and if you like the flavor of curry, then you'll love this food. I, personally, am not a fan of curry and I could taste it in all the food except the sushi. My wife loved it and the kids liked it as well, eventhough some of the food comes with some spice. The rice is normally pretty spicy, so if you're not a fan of spicy food, make sure to ask the waitress to tell the chef to tone down the amount of spice used. The sushi was very well put together and very tasty! Overall, we enjoyed this place but I cannot be sure that I would return, only because of the curry in the food. If we do return, I will only have sushi. Thanks for listening.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Anacortes
“Unique selection, excellent cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We've enjoyed the lunch buffet twice, finding an interesting selection of tasty, well-prepared food at a reasonable price. The buffet table looks small at first glance, but the quality selections provide a filling, satisfying, and quite healthy meal. You can check online for the changing menu selections. The atmosphere is quite elegant, as well as welcoming, and the service was excellent. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

If you own or manage Om, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.