“Nice motel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was a good motel in a good location, the staff were very helpful when I asked about restaurants near by. The room was clean and comfortable, a bit dated but I would stay again. The breakfast was nice, not a huge selection but nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Henry P, Manager at University Inn Tucson, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Charlotte L,

I would like to thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor about our motel. We are always ready to help, giving our best recommendations of the City of Tucson as we locals know it. I am glad to hear you liked the cleanliness and comfortability of our rooms. As we progress through the year, we are constantly updating and revamping our property. We believe in providing the best balance of the quality of the rooms and at the rate at which our guests pay. Thank you for your generous comments and we do hope to serve you again next time you visit.

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ennepetal, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is already the 6th or 7th year that I stay here for around a week during the annual Tucson Gem show Event. Size of the rooms is very nice and You find all that You need for a stay like fridge, microwave and even a hot iron. The owner keeps his house in really good condition. But most of all I enjoy the hospitality Henry( the owner) and his family provide to their guests. When I visit Tucson this is my first choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Claus H,

Thank you for being such a loyal customer and writing a review on us on TripAdvisor. I appreciate all the gracious comments you have given us. We do include many amenities just like you have said, "fridge, microwave and even a hot iron", in all our rooms. We wish you luck with your business and we hope to see you again for your 8th or so yearly gem show stay at our motel.

Silver City, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Sometimes I just need a place to sleep and don't want to break the bank. Staff was just as accomodating as if I was at a five star hotel. Room was clean without that awful chemical smell so often found in budget places. Will stay again.

Room Tip: I requested ground floor and was given ground floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Henry P, Manager at University Inn Tucson, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Donna S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our motel on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience at our motel. We strive to provide very clean rooms at a reasonable price. It was so kind of you to compare us to a five star hotel. We look forward to serving you again next time you visit!

Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

If you don't need all of the trimmings of a fancy hotel, this is the place to stay...Clean, comfortable, quiet, great location, with an extremely kind and accomodating staff. All this for a great price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Starr T,

Thank you for your kind review. You could not have said it any better, our hotel is a "clean, comfortable, quiet, great location, with an extremely kind and accommodating staff". Thank you again for you kind comments and hope to see you again with your family next time you come to Tucson, AZ.

Tempe, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed here for one day visit of Tucson and i have to first of all say that the hotel location was excellent...It is walking distance to the good restaurants, the university of Arizona campus and Rialto Theatre. The building staff were very friendly, my room was clean, complex area was quiet during the night, internet speed was good, beds were very comfortable and I feel well rested!

If I ever come back to Tucson I am definitely staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Henry P, Manager at University Inn Tucson, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Dan M,

I would like to thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. Thank you again for your kind words about our property. We are centrally located, which is convenient for customers like you who like to see the city. I am glad to hear you liked our free highspeed internet. Again thank you for your comments and we will be happy to serve you again next time you visit!

Silver City, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed at the University Inn on many occasions over the years. I find it to be clean, comfortable, and a great value. It's within walking distance to the University of Arizona and centrally located to shoppping areas and restaurants and close to downtown and the UofA campus and UofA Medical Center. Mr. Patel and family are extremely nice and I would highly recommend this pleasant motel if you are on a budget.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Dear realpriscilla,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor about your stay. It is wonderful to see that you have been a loyal customer who keeps coming back due to our service and quality. Thank you for recommending the University Inn Motel and as always, we look forward to seeing you again!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently stayed here for three nights while in Tucson for work/catchup with friends. I wanted someplace cheap, safe, clean, and quiet...while still being close to the University area. This fit the bill perfectly. I had to travel to both northwest Tucson and southeast Tucson, and University Inn was a perfect central location. Plus it's close to the University area and all the great things to do around there.

The service was great. I admit, I don't need much-quiet, non-smoking, and clean. Since I used to got to school there, I didn't need directions, so I don't really know how comprehensive their tourist assistance would be, but I imagine they would be very helpful. If you are looking for spa service and a concierge, this isn't your place. But in my experience, the people who run it/work there were really helpful and accommodating, and the room was spotless. Yes, the hotel is a bit older, but the paint was fresh, the sheets crisp, the mattress new, the parking lot well-lit, and not a speck of dust anywhere. Good a/c, too. And as someone allergic to smoke, I am always worried when a hotel has any smoking rooms at all, since often the smoke comes in through the ventilation. But in this case, it's not a problem...the smoking areas are isolated at the ends of the hotel, and seem to be completely separate buildings! NO smoking issues whatsoever!

One quirk I thought was great...don't know if was just my television remote (yes, lots of cable channels and free wifi) or everyone's, but it was blocked from going past a certain volume level. As an older building, the walls are a tad thin, but I rarely heard anything and if all the TV volumes are kept at a certain level, I thought that was a brilliant idea to reduce noise complaints.

Pretty basic continental breakfast...coffee and pastries...but hey, if you want the Marriot, pay for the Marriot. Free coffee is free coffee, and saves you a bit of time and money in the morning. I would recommend University Inn, and will definitely be staying there again on any further trips to Tucson. Just promise not to raise your prices if you get too many good reviews!

Room Tip: Second floor is quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Kat_Marie2012,

I want to first thank you for taking the time to post a review of our motel on Tripadvisor. Thank you for all your kind words about our motel and service. We strive on providing the highest quality at a budget. Again thank you for all your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again!

University Inn Mgmt.

Been to University Inn Tucson? Share your experiences!