“Nice Budget Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Nice Budget Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed at the University Inn in Tucson for four nights last month. I found the hotel clean, well maintained and with a friendly staff. The hotel is located near downtown Tucson and the University area so it was ver convenient to most local attractions. The room was clean and well maintained. I appreciated the fridge in the room along with many cable channels. The hotel offered fresh coffee, tea, donuts and cereals free for breakfast. A full service restaurant is located across the street. The price was great and overall I thought it was an excellent value. I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: I chose a ground level room which was very convenient to load/unload my baggage. There is plenty of...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Henry p, Manager at University Inn Tucson, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
Dear Marco T.,

I would like to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for the kind words about our hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

University Inn Mgmt.

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

While the room was adequate, I was surprised to have a call on my hotel phone in the morning 'asking if I wanted company Barbie' (highly summarized version of the conversation). Only the front desk knew my name and room number so either they called or gave my number to somebody, both of which are unacceptable. So, unless you are interested in company, you should probably avoid this motel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Henry p, Manager at University Inn Tucson, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Hi Barbara Dekeyser,

We sincerely appologize for any inconveniences that occured when you stayed at our motel.

We had an issue with an ex-employee who would make these taunting calls in the middle of the night, using our automated system with an operator, pressing random room numbers to harass room guests. We have contacted the authorities and the issue was resolved quite as soon as we discovered it.

I see that you had no problem with our room and service. I wish to welcome you again to serve you with our quality rooms, this time without the prank calls. =)

University Inn Mgmt.

Been to University Inn Tucson? Share your experiences!