“Tastiest BBQ in Tucson” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Tucson, Arizona
“Tastiest BBQ in Tucson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I thought the best BBQ was only found in Texas, but after eating at Brushfire, I can now say that the best BBQ is available in Texas and also in Arizona. We eat at Brushfire at least once a month, which has allowed me to sample each type of meat for their sandwiches. Today I had their Prime Rib regular sandwich with Sweet Molasses sauce. What a meal and at a great price. Also, Brushfire serves a cinnamon iced tea that goes great with all their meats.
I will be back soon, once I decide which sandwich to eat for the next visit.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tucson
“Once you try Brushfire, you'll never go back to the rest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Their BBQ is so good that we tried it recently without sauce (on a garden salad) and it was still EXCELLENT!

We used to drive to the other side of town to their original location.... life was GOOD GOOD GOOD when they finally opened their 2nd location on our side of town.

You'll love the food - your biggest decision will be brisket or pulled pork! All the sauces rock and their sides are soooo good (I'll resist waxing on and on about the mac and cheese at this point).

The atmosphere is casual - which means you'll be ordering at the counter. Equally casual seating arrangements, but trust me - it's so good you're not going to care. When we're doing BBQ, this is definitely our choice. Not to mention my husband loves the variety of hot sauces available .

Visited March 2013
Phoenix
“Reasonably good barbecue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went here for the first time on a Wednesday night. We visited the Campbell & Glenn Avenue location, which is much smaller than the 22nd Street location. The restaurant is very casual. You order at the counter and they bring your meal to you. My husband and I both ordered a meal, which comes with two sides. We had the brisket and baby back ribs. The sides we had were baked beans, deviled egg potato salad, french fries and corn on the cob. You can get the sauce on the meat or on the side. The brisket was very good. The ribs were good, but not fall-off-the-bone tender like the ones I make at home. We had the Smokey Chipotle sauce and the Sweet and Bold sauce. Both were good. I wasn't really wowed by any of the sides. The fries and beans were the best. The corn on the cob was tasty, but it was frozen corn, which tends to be a little mushy. The potato salad was unremarkable. Each order comes with garlic toast, which I didn't bother to eat. Why waste calories and stomach real estate on ho-hum garlic toast? It would be nice if they would bring an extra basket or even a cheap paper plate to put bones and corn cobs in. Our tab ended up being $35 with a tip, which is pricey for a casual, essentially takeout place. But that said, the barbecue was above-average and I would visit again to try some other entrees.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Best BBQ West of Texas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

After living in Texas one gets a little picky about their BBQ. BrushFire does not disappoint! It is an order-at-the-counter joint with very friendly and helpful staff. For your first time (or anytime) they are very patient and helpful with your questions as you order. They even gave us samples of their sauces, coleslaw, and potato salad to help us decide what sides to order. Amongst our 4 person group, we had ribs, pulled pork and smoked turkey. Sides were both kinds of slaw and both kinds of potato salad. We had both mild and hot sauce. Everybody loved their food and there was plenty to fill the tummy! Service at the table was great. We had 2 different staff people checking on us to make sure we had everything we needed. We will return!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We enjoyed brushfire BBQ and the value was great for the price! The sides were delicious but the meat was way too saucy.. I actually would have preferred brisket with no sauce. Staff were helpful and venue is more take away than restaurant.

• Visited February 2013