“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
United States
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I was on a cross country motorcycle trip and stop for a needed rest. The hotel is three miles from, I-10. The parking lot is a nice size and a safe place to park a motorcycle. The room was quiet and well appointed. The water pressure for the shower was adequate. Over all this was a nice place to stay. However, in the morning breakfast was not ready.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
SBSManagement, Manager at Staybridge Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for leaving a review of your stay. I wish to apologize the breakfast was not out by our weekend hour of 07:30AM. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any further concerns, we love to hear back from our guests. I am glad the rest of your stay was very satisfactory.

Take care on the road!

Mariana E Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Thatcher, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I was impressed by this hotel. For the size of room we got the price was amazing. The room was really clean. I couldn't even find anything to complain about. The staff was really friendly and helpful. Although we only stayed a night and didn't take advantage of it the room had a large refrigerator a stove and microwave. It had lots of cabinet space. I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed August 2014
Diane N, Manager at Staybridge Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
We hope you have the opportunity to return and experience everything our rooms have to offer.
Take care!

Bonaire, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Up front, I only stayed one night and I stayed at a Government rate. With that said, it was a very nice place to stay and I would stay there again or look to stay at other Staybridges when I travel. The suite I had was perfect for just myself. I assume they have larger suites. As for location, it is right next to the airport. I did not notice any airport/aircraft noise. But, the group I was with checked in late afternoon and checked out very early the next morning and may have missed all that. Because of the location, getting to the airport and doing the bag drag was very easy and I think regardless of time of day the same would be true. The hotel does offer complimentary coffee, which was very good. Of note, when the group I was with checked in, the lounge area was full. I assume this was a combination of good service, as food is offered, as well as typical lounge-lizard socialization, as there were some obvious members of that element there. That aside, a definite recommend.

Room Tip: If you get a first floor room, ensure it is not adjacent to the lounge area as you will hear the act...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the rowdiness during the Social Hour, We are all like family here and when we get together...merriment ensues, but we will try to make sure no guests are disturbed when that happens. Thank you and we hope to have you back with us again!

virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We justi returned home from our trip to Tucson. Picked the perfect hotel too. Beautiful pool, clean, nice. Good breakfast, varied each morning with plenty of selection (eggs, meat, oatmeal, fresh waffles, fruit toppings, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt.) Norm is a great guy! Very personable. Cared about what the family needed. Jimmy was very friendly and helpful when our room lock malfunctioned and needed changing, also helped us with a cable tv issue. My only concern was that when the lock had to be changed we didn't know and were locked out of room when we returned. My daughter had to stand by our door with a sleeping baby in her arms while we tried to get help to get into our room. I wish one of the desk staff had come down to help us get in, instead of making us run back and forth a couple of times to get in. They had two people. I only say that in hopes that manager will talk to his staff about going the extra mile in such scenarios. Wonderful week in Tucson at Staybridge however. Everything you could need!

Room Tip: We asked for a room where our baby would not wake others and that seemed to help. BTW... The cleanin...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bridgeport, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here for work at the airport. Close to work and great restaraunts closed by. Pool are was excellent and the fitness area was OK but not the best. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The evening meals and drinks were fresh, tasted great and again the staff here was very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Since this is an extended stay hyotel, there were not a lot of children so proximity to the elevator...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Diane N, Manager at Staybridge Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
It was great to talk to you yesterday. That what keeps us going because of guest like you... See you around the great room.......
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Whenever I come to Tucson on business this is the only place I stay. The service is excellent, the hotel is very clean, the beds are very comfortable and a hot breakfast is served every morning with a smile. If you get the chance say hello to Norm who is such a delight at breakfast and dinner. Oh yes... I forgot to mention dinner. Three days a week Norm cooks dinner too. This is a great place and I highly recommend it!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Davison, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We have stayed at many different hotels over the years along the airport strip while visiting family. This hotels, despite some issues is better then most. The breakfast buffet was by far the best of any of the other hotels. The food was extremely well prepared with excellent variety. However, I would skip the dinner served three days a week. If you are hungry before going out you might stop and have a salad and a glass of beer. The WiFi in room 105 was weak and often did not work, not sure if all the rooms were bad or not. The television in my room kept losing the signal and I had to turn it on and off to obtain the signal often six times in a row before working properly. The room was average for cleanliness, in fact you could write your name in the dust on the top of the refrigerator and other hard to reach areas. They do not supply maid service on the weekends and only light cleaning on most other days. They skipped us on Monday but after complaining they starting cleaning the room. The waste basket in the bathroom was never emptied for a entire week. The night clerk seemed to have an attitude whenever I asked a question. I found the bed to be comfortable and the hotel was always quiet at night for a restful sleep. My last complaint is the water was brown coming out of the faucet. When I asked about it they said it was this way in that part of Tucson. I know this is not true since my daughter lives nearby and their water is clear as well as all other hotels I have stayed at on the airport strip. I simply used bottled water and admit I did not get sick from the water while taking a shower or brushing my teeth. In conclusion, I would select this hotel when visiting my family again in Tucson. The kitchen included in the room and breakfast would be my deciding factor in picking this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Tucson Airport? Share your experiences!