“great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Benson AZ, United States
“great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I would recomment this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, roomy, and well appointed room. I feel mit is a wonderful place to stay. The beds, bedding and bathroom supplies were all very nice. I was offered a full breakfast, which was well prepared and the attendant kept all breakfast items hot, fresh, and actractly presented. Hotel is close to Downtown, with easy access from I-10. The only negitive was that it is close to the freeway, however, the traffic noise was not an issue for me.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Kailua, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Based on the name of this hotel chain, I made the mistake of assuming that every room was a suite -- just like Embassy Suites. It's not the case. The "standard" rooms are no more special than any other lower-to-mid hotel.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My sister and I stayed this past wkend and had a horrible experience. Awful customer service and most important BED BUGS! Chkd in Thurs nite and found a cockroach in the room..next morning my sister had a bug bite. Spoke to front desk and they said they wuld clean the room the next day (manager not avail) *no rooms available to switch* Next day spoke with yet another person at front desk was told to ask for Dave the following day. Finally Sunday we spoke with Dave and my sister had yet more bug bites on her arm. Manager showed no concern said it was "monsoon season" and that they were NOT bed bugs. I work at a clinic and ive seen many bed bug bites. Manager was rude and unhelpful... Very unhappy with service will NOT stay there in future trips.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

210DavidP210, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tucson City Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued and we are highly concerned about the issue. We have contacted our service provider regarding this issue. They are working diligently to identify and resolve the problem.
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This hotel is nice and clean, I love the service. I really enjoyed their swimming pool. They have very good breakfast. Overall this hotel is excellent, my family really enjoyed being there. If I ever travel to Tucson this hotel will be my first choice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel pool & breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to sunny Tucson.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Was by myself and felt very safe. Room clean; staff very friendly and helpful. In town for jury duty and will stay here again when come back in few weeks for work meeting. Researched the area before this trip because I know on this side of Tucson not many good places to stay-- very pleased with this hotel.

Stayed July 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My family and I stayed here for three nights toward the end of June. Front desk personnel was very kind and attentive. The suite we had was very clean, organized and comfortable. We had a living room area with couch, chair, desk and tv plus a separate bedroom with two queen beds. The bathroom was clean and bright and the towels were fluffy too. Both beds were comfortable but a little on the hard side. Several feather pillows are provided as well.
The location to downtown Tucson is very convenient since it's right off the highway and close proximity to the Convention Center.
The inn also offers a full, hot breakfast each morning and it's incredible! There are many choices from cereal, oatmeal, belgian waffles, sausage, bacon, eggs, potatoes, fresh fruit, yogurt, muffins, bagels, etc. And always fresh hot coffee! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Albany, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was staying at this hotel from out of town on business. I was enjoying a peaceful breakfast with the friendly staff. One of the ladies left the room and the manager was there. I believe his name was Dave. When this employee returned less than a minute later this manager started screaming at her in front of all of us at the contential breakfast. I believe she told him she was using the restroom, and he kept screaming at her and then told her to get out. I believe this is the most unprofessional behavior coming from management staff. I truly believe I will avoid staying at this hotel due to the behavior I unfortunatly witnessed. Poor management is no place for a nice hotel like this.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
210DavidP210, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tucson City Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
I apologize for your having witnessed this confrontation. After many years in the hotel business, you would think I would have learned not to recruit family members to help out during busy times. I assure you this was a "family" squabble, not an employer/employee matter. This is no excuse for your having witnessed this unprofessional display by myself. I will strive to make sure this never happens again.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Tucson City Center? Share your experiences!