“not good, go to china thai down the road instead” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #948 of 1,696 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
San Francisco, California
“not good, go to china thai down the road instead”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

The decor is ok, but the food ist just below average. Although we were alone in the restaurant, the server was slow and we waited for the food which when it arrived was not delicious at all,.

Visited October 2011

San Francisco, California
“this is a great place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

friendly service, and the lunch specials are delicious and filling. I love the hot and sour soup and Pad Thai and sweet Thai coffee. Great place and great value and good food, can't beat that combination...

Visited November 2011
Tucson, Arizona
“The good old days are gone”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Unreal... been a regular at this establishment for a few decades now, no longer. Ordered Mongolian beef and BBQ pork low mien tonight. The Mongolian beef was in a light brown gravy, not the lovely dark gravy as customary. It also had Chinese five spice powder in it and not a hint of chili pepper, no green onion and a million white onion slices. The meat was fatty and "floppy", not firm and seared like the old recipe. It was horrible and inedible. The pork in the low mien was fatty and tasted like rancid fat.

So I called, to leave feedback, not to get a free meal, but to let them know that maybe the cooks screwed up. The response from the manager was rude and he attempted to be condescending. He put me on hold for 12 minutes, came back and said the beef was perfect, he didn't know what Chinese five spice powder is, the pork has no fat and maybe I just couldn't handle the heat of the chili's in the dish... Me? I put Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce on most everything I eat, it definitely was not too spicy, there was no spice at all. He then implied that I wanted a free meal and made it clear that my meal would not be refunded no would I receive a credit for a meal... Not once did I imply nor state that I was looking for any form of reimbursement.

I fully encourage my friends and family members to avoid this place, the good old days are gone

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Our favorite Thai in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We go here at least twice a month. All the curry sauces are very flavorful. Having 2 vegetarians in the family, we LOVE the assortment of vegetables used in the dishes, instead of the usual bag of mixed frozen peas, corn & carrots. Our 8yr old loves the veggy lomein, egg drop soup and their egg rolls. My personal fav is the panang. 2 additional things that I love is their online ordering, and that they still have the lunch specials on the weekend. When eating in the restaurant, I find the service good too, all at prices we can afford. Char's is our 2nd fav, mostly because of the lack of good vegetables.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Has gotten REALLY, BUT REALLY EXPENSIVE over the years. The only good thing is that the Lunch Menu is still affordable...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

Has gotten REALLY, BUT REALLY EXPENSIVE over the years. The only good thing is that the Lunch Menu is still affordable for what you get.