“No Surprises” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Athens GA
“No Surprises”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was a typical Hampton Inn experience, but we stay at Hampton Inns because we always know what to expect. This particular Hampton Inn was well located across from a large mall, and unlimited restaurant choices. The entry into the parking area is somewhat confusing and a little inconvenient, because there is no curb cut and from some directions you had to do a u-turn to access the hotel drive. The staff was very friendly and helpful and all areas of the building was fairly well maintained and clean. Upon arrival, we were given a room on the 1st floor which was quite small. In order to maintain privacy, we would have had to keep our drapes pulled the entire time, because our window faced the parking lot at ground level. Since this was a 1-week stay, that was not possible...we would have been miserable. So, we requested and were promptly accommodated with another room higher up, so that we could at least open the drapes. However, after two days, this room was just too small, and we moved to a King suite, which was immensely better and worth the small price difference. For most of our stay, the hotel was quiet, but over the weekend became more crowded and noisy. Since Tucson is so close to the Mexican border, many Mexican citizens come to Tucson to spend the weekend, and the numbers are quite large, with many young, lively children included. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Tucson, and would stay at this Hampton Inn again.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms facing parking lot give you limited privacy, and you have to keep your drapes pul...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mickey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson East / Williams Centre, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I apologize for the entrance into the hotel and the confusion. Thank you for the suggestions regarding our first floor rooms. We will definitely look into options to make our ground floor rooms more intimate and private. We hope you give us the opportunity to make your next stay with us even more enjoyable.

Mickey Meehan, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Camino, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Was disappointed with this Hampton Inn, usually I enjoy Hampton Inns. Our room was not cleaned thoroughly when we checked in. There was spilled coffee spots on the nightstand and a dirty towel still hanging from the back of the bathroom door. The microwave was very worn, couldn't tell if it was sticky junk on the controls or worn out plastic, turned out to be worn out plastic but looked and felt icky! The TV control buttons would not work, worn out buttons. Water in the bathroom was just warm could not get hot water. Breakfast was okay but the area was small so crowded, tables not cleaned off. We had a room overlooking the pool and the garbage bins and who'da thunk garbage men would work on Saturday morning!! They did, at 6 am! The good was, the bed was comfy, WiFi worked, room was big and laid out nicely, no hall or neighbor noise to speak of. Not sure if I'd stay again, there's too many choices for the same price in that part of Tucson.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear about all the inconveniences you incurred during your visit. We assure you that this is not the norm, and we will make every effort to ensure it doesn’t happen again. We hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you’re passing through. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Fairfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

In town to visit friends. Nice location across from Park Place Mall. Hotel staff were professional and very friendly. Check-in time you'll find a tray of warm chocolate chip cookies waiting to greet you...yum.

The standard rooms only have a show stall so if you want a bath tub be sure to request it. I didn't discover this until I got to the room. I called the front desk and asked for a room change and they were very nice about it, but the room was not be available until the next day. My new room was a handicap room which was fine, it was slightly larger and had a bathtub, hand held shower, plus regular shower head. The bed andl linen were comfortable.

The AM breakfast offers a nice selection of cereals, yogurts, toast, bagels, waffles, breakfast meat, fruit, juice, tea and coffee to get your day started. All in all, it's a good location, good staff and overall comfortable accomodations. It's on a corner to two main streets so there is alot of traffic noise at night.

We would stay there again and would recommend this property.

Room Tip: Because of street noise request a room to the rear of the property. It's a little quieter,except...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. Thank you for the kind words about our property. Those chocolate chip cookies are fabulous!! I'll make sure to save you some on your return visit to our property. We hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to make your next trip even more enjoyable. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Royersford, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Pretty standard business class hotel with the usual amenities. I will mention I generally like Hampton Inns as breakfast comes standard, compared to my stays at Hiltons and Doubletrees where I have to take advantage of my company's deals with them to get breakfast included. This one is well located near my client (but not too close) with excellent shopping, eating, and major roads nearby for traversing Tucson.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms should be obvious, higher up and further from the major street (East side of the buildin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. Our property is great for the business client such as yourself. The complimentary breakfast is perfect for the get up and go business person such as yourself and for the earlier business clients we also offer the 'On the Run' breakfast bag for those business clients that do not have the time to sit down and enjoy our complimentary on the house hot breakfast. We look forward to having you stay with us again and if there is anythhing else we can do to make your business travels more enjoyable please don't hesitate to contact me.

Laughlin, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I will only stay at this hotel because of Mickey, the general manager, and Willie, the night auditor. The staff here is exceptional!!! Mickey goes above and beyond to help me and my family with any of our needs. The hotel is very clean and comfortable and is in the heart of the fabulous east side of Tucson. Walking distance to a plethora of restaurants and a shopping mall directly across the street. The service at the hotel is far more superior than any other hotel I have ever stayed at including the 5 star resorts I've stayed at. The staff is very friendly and always willing to do whatever it takes to exceed my needs and expectations. I will only stay at this hotel when I am in Tucson. Everytime I step into this hotel I feel like I am home. The staff greets me by name and always asks about family when Im travelling alone. If you are in Tucson I strongly recommend staying at this beautiful top notch service property.

Room Tip: North side rooms have a tremendous view of the mountains.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. Thank you for all the kind words spoken about our property. I have an extremely hard working staff that goes above and beyond everyday to ensure guest satisfaction. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Sierra Vista, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a fine hotel, good location close to hospital, shopping, dining. However, it is pricey for a slightly-better-than-average Hampton. The room was clean and comfortable, but the ice machine was too far away and the TV was outdated. Plus, there was no refrigerator in the room and there was a modest amount of noise from the sidewalk outside the window during the night. It would have been a decent value at $80, but was WAY overpriced at $150, especially given the fact that I was there for less than 12 hours.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear about the issues with the vicinity of the ice machine and our televisions. We have 32' LCD Phillips flat screens in every room and maybe it is time that we look into upgrading our TV's. We hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you’re passing through. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This property is convenient for business people and shopping, with a few restaurants within walking distance. The staff greeted the regulars by name, and seemed very friendly to everyone. They even went so far as to give me a stamp when I asked about getting one, and then mailed my postcard for me too!!

Room Tip: rooms on the north side face the mountains...higher floor lets you see past the other buildings
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. Thank you for the kind words about the staff, I will definitely share them with my staff. I have been blessed with an exceptional staff that strives for perfection and have a tremendous work ethic. We look forward to having you stay with us again and please don't hesitate to contact me with any suggestions or comments to help us make our hotel feel more like home.

Mickey Meehan, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson East / Williams Centre? Share your experiences!