“A great place to call home...if your on the road.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Tucson, Arizona
“A great place to call home...if your on the road.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for almost 9 months now, on and off since september of last year. There are many reasons I choose to live...I mean stay here. The first reason is the staff. They have always treated me as more than just a guest, more like a long time friend. They are always friendly and go beyond the call of duty to make sure I feel like family. The rooms are very new, and as so, they are nice and clean. The fact that they have breakfast everyday is great. the selection is good...theres always something for everyones taste. The gym is great, and while the selection isn't the best, the machines are top notch. The pool is small, but hey it's a pool, and when it's 110 degrees, it sure feels good to take a dip.. Another reason I really like the hotel is that it's general location is so close to many great restaurants, and a a great mall too. I gave the hotel five stars, but there is one thing I have to make a small complaint about. The internet connection speed is embarassing. In a society driven by the internet, and with so many people needing high speed internet, this is the one fact where the hotel disappoints. It is too slow..period. I have spoken with the general manager Mickey Meehan about this, and he asssured me that an upgrade is just around the corner. Since Mickey has never let me down, I believe him, and that is why I went ahead and gave this outstanding hotel, 5 stars. Anytime I have to be in Tucson, I love the fact that I will always have a place to call home at the Hampton Inn and Suites on Wilmot Rd.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the mountain side have the best view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Mickey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson East / Williams Centre, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear about the internet issues you were having during you extended stay with us. Our property is currently in the process of upgrading our internet services and will hopefully have that completed soon so you do not have any more issues when you return. Thank you for the kind words spoken about our hotel. I have been blessed with a staff second to none and we continue to strive for excellence and look for ways to better ourselves. Thank you for all the generous statements about our property and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Mickey Meehan, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. Free coffee, tea and cookie in the labby. Breakfast is nice.
Room is spacous, clean, confortable, and quite.
Bathroom is spacous and clean.
We stayed for 3 nights. Enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I am glad you had enjoyed your stay and we continue to look for ways to even better our property and service. Thank you and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend to visit kids in college. Had 2 younger children with us. Perfect location. Breakfast was fantastic. The waffle maker was a huge hit with the kids, eggs for the husband and oatmeal with toppings and yogurt for me. Coffee available all day. This all makes this hotel a keeper for us. Friendly staff, clean spacious rooms and facilities make it the best choice in town. We decided we will only stay here for all of our Tucson visits.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. I couldn't agree with your kids more, the waffle maker is AMAZING!! Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. We hope to see you soon and we are grateful to be your top choice of hotel for your trips back to Tucson, we look forward to seeing you again.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed in late sept 2012 for a 2 weeks period. Hotel is in a very good condition.
Breakfast has a nice assortment of fruits, cereal, pastry, waffle, eggs with bacon.
The room was confortable, good size, very clean.
On the neg side, insonorisation is very bad, you can listen to conversations next room. The pool is directly located in the parking lot, cars circulating a few feet from the perimeter of the pool.
Try not to have first level south side, it is on the pool side, people walking on sidewalks looking directly in your room, you have to keep the curtains closed almost at all time.
Business center can be a pain in the butt sometimes, printer was problematic half of the time, speed on communication so long that screen saver apply before completion of page download...
Very Friendly Staff.
Definetely a good value, I recommend for business travelers, short vacation stays and people with access situation.

Room Tip: Absolutely ask for a 3rd level north side!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear about the noisy neighbors and the issues with the business center. Thank you for the suggestions regarding our pool and its location. We are exhausting all avenues and making strong efforts to better our property and service. Suggestions and tips that come from our guests such as yourself help us to be superior and to become a better hotel. We hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you’re passing through. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Clean rooms, great breakfast, and very courteous, professional staff. I spent four days here and would definitely pick this hotel again. I didn't notice any restaurants in walking distance, so if you didn't have a car, that may be an issue. But if you are driving, it's in a good location for getting around the city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mickey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson East / Williams Centre, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. Thank you for the pleasant comments about our property. I am sorry that you had trouble finding a restaurant nearby. Our hotel is located around numerous restaurants that are within walking distance and my staff would have been more than happy to accomodate any restaurant suggestion. We hope to make this up to you in the future and look forward to your return trip to Tucson.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with a female relative and found it pleasant. The beds were comfortable, the room clean, the staff extraordinarily friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was good. The thermostat was a bit difficult to regulate. When we arrived, it was freezing in the room. Throughout our stay we needed to continue to adjust the temperature, as it would get very warm and humid, even though the air conditioning was set in the low 70s. We spent very little time in the room, so it worked for us. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear that your thermostat was giving you issues throughout your stay. Our staff is committed to make every guests stay enjoyable and we are sincerely sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We would like to make it up to you and hope you return to visit our property again.

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed here in April 2012 and found the the staff to be very friendly and professional. Its a little way out of the heart of Tucson, so you'll need a taxi to get into town. However it was still a high standard hotel and a pleasure to stay in for a few weekends. Breakfast was good and coffee was excellent!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. The kind words spoken about our property are extremely generous and on behalf of my staff we would like to thank you for sharing them with us. The staff here works dilligently to ensure every guests satisfaction and it is truly rewarding when we read reviews and comments such as yours. Thank you so much for the kind words and we look forward to accomodating you on your return trip to Tucson.

Mickey Meehan, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson East / Williams Centre? Share your experiences!