“Wanted to stay longer!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Wanted to stay longer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was a good price, located fairly closely to where we wanted to visit. We were going to a football game at the Arizona Stadium the next day, and the pick up area for the bus to the stadium wasn't far from here.

The room was gorgeous! Compared to other places closer to the stadium, we got a LOT more for our money here than we would have there. The HVAC worked quietly and efficiently. It was so nice, I wish we could have stayed longer! The breakfast was very good, and the grounds and hotel were immaculate. They had a lovely outdoor pool, but we were there the end of November and it was cool and rainy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback about our hotel on Trip Advisor. My Team and I are pleased to know that we have exceeded your expectations on your recent trip to visit Tucson for the football game at the University of Arizona. We take great pride in ensuring each and every guest enjoys their experience with us and I’m happy to know that we’ve succeeded in this goal. Happy New Year to you and yours from the TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport Team
Michael & Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Port Orchard, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here for a week and picked this hotel based on the kitchen. Traveling with 2 kids I didn't want to have to eat out 3 times a day. The property is very nice and well kept. The rooms were clean and spacious and the kitchen was an amazing thing to have on a trip. The one thing that makes this place the best is it's staff! Every single person we talked to from the front desk (Vinny, our favorite) to housekeeping, maintenance and the breakfast staff were amazingly friendly and helpful so much so we were really sad to leave. This is a really great property and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel on trip advisor. It is indeed our goal to exceed your expectations and we are pleased that we have succeeded in this goal. It’s wonderful to have our team members recognized and I will be sure to pass along your kind words in our daily meetings. It was our pleasure having you and your family with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Happy New Year to you and yours from the TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport Team!
Hollywood, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed while moving into area for over 3 weeks. Great rooms, breakfast, staff, area. Breakfast and dinner tasty and very clean. Front desk staff very helpful. Actually very helpful is an understatement. Lot of assistance was provided for various moving to the area topics but all staff during all different hours. Gym is excellent and plenty of place nearby to run.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Michael L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Tom,
Thank you for your review of our hotel on trip advisor. It is indeed our goal to exceed your expectations and we are pleased that we have succeeded in this goal. It’s wonderful to have our team members recognized and I will be sure to pass along your kind words. It was our pleasure having you stay with us while relocating to Tucson and we hope that you will stop in and see us every now and then when you find yourself settled. Happy Holidays to you and yours from all of us at the TownePlace Suites!
Newbury Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I don't think we could have done better at such a great rate. The room was nicely decorated and spacious, with an equipped kitchen. There was a convertible couch that faced the TV. Next time we'd get a room without a couch just so our bed would face the TV. The staff was helpful and friendly from the desk to the breakfast to the maids in the hallway. Good choice!

Room Tip: City location depends what you want to do. It was 10 - 20 minutes drive for our destinations which...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback about our hotel on Trip Advisor. My Team and I are pleased to know that we have exceeded your expectations on your recent trip to visit Tucson. We take great pride in ensuring each and every guest enjoys their experience with us and I’m happy to know that we’ve succeeded in this goal. We are excited that you enjoyed yourself in our spacious rooms and we hope you will return to see us again at the TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport.
Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I traveled to Tucson to attend a convention. This hotel was a lot cheaper than staying downtown and was very high quality. The location is convenient and there are several restaurants nearby. It is only a few miles from downtown on the freeway. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a nice little sundry shop by the front desk where you can purchase needed items and snacks. There is also a nice breakfast in the morning. The business center allowed me to print the boarding passes for my flight. The in room internet worked well. The television was a nice high definition set with a good selection of channels. I'll definitely be staying here again when I come back to Tucson!

Room Tip: If you are traveling to downtown Tucson from this hotel, don't take the surface streets. You wi...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Michael L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide wonderful feedback about our hotel on Trip Advisor. My Team and I are pleased to know that we have exceeded your expectations on your recent trip to visit Tucson for a convention. We take great pride in ensuring each and every guest enjoys their experience with us and I’m happy to know that we’ve succeeded in this goal. We are excited that you enjoyed yourself and will be returning to see us again at the TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport when your travels bring you back to Tucson.

Klamath Falls, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stated there for 2 weeks on business. I was completely impressed. The free breakfast everyday was great, the evening meals (3 nights a week) were very good and the staff was, to a person, really friendly. Jenna at the front desk and the staff that ran the breakfast/dinner were way above average. Thanks

• Stayed November 2013
Michael L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor. It is indeed our goal to exceed your expectations and we are pleased that we have succeeded in this goal. It’s wonderful to have our team members recognized and I will be sure to pass along your kind words. We are also pleased to know that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and evening social hour. It was our pleasure having you stay with us, and we hope to see you again when you return to Tucson.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is a nice property to stay on business - friendly staff, decent food during the evening receptions, decent if unexceptional breakfasts, nice suites with full kitchens that are well-appointed.

This critique is aimed solely at the pricing of their small hotel shop. I accept that prices for hotel commodities are overpriced - that is part of what you expect when you travel. However, the prices for some items at the hotel shop are so costly as to be usurious - quick rule of thumb, if your costs are higher than those of shops at the airport, you should know you've overpriced items! This hotel has priced miniature packets of pain relievers (four pills) at $4.00 each. Just to make it more fun, there are no marked prices, so you have to ask how much they are at the counter to find out exactly how costly they are. These little boxes generally run $2.00 at the airport. Even that is an absurd cost, but $4.00 is just unbelievable. I find it particularly problematic that this is not for a non-essential item like a candy bar, but rather for an item that most guests truly need if they are looking for it at the hotel store. This is simply taking advantage of travelers, many of whom have no way to access a drugstore since they don't have a vehicle.

Is a $4.00 charge for four tablets of ibuprofin really enough to get me to leave a one star review for this hotel? Absolutely - and I will be staying at a different hotel next time I travel to Tucson. There are four perfectly nice hotels within .1 mile of this Marriott (two of them I believe are also Marriotts) and I will not stay here again.

C'mon, TownePlace Suites. You can do better.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Michael L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to provide valuable feedback about your experience at our hotel. I’m pleased to know that overall you enjoyed yourself while traveling through Tucson. I would like to follow up with you about your experience in our “In a Pinch” marketplace and tell you that it is our goal to exceed your expectations and I’m sorry to hear that we fell shy of this important goal. We are always looking for ways to improve on our guest experiences and I’m pleased to tell you that we addressed the issue immediately and performed an audit of our prices and adjusted prices according to our Brand Standards. I would love to discuss things further with you so if you feel inclined, please email me at tps.tusta.gm@marriott.com. My team and I care very deeply for our guests and want them to have a wonderful and problem free experience at our property and I hope our swift attention to this matter shows how much we care.

I hope that you will come see us again and give us another chance to show you the kind of service that our guests have come to expect at the TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport.

Kind Regards
Michael & Team

Been to TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport? Share your experiences!