“Clean, Quiet and Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Clean, Quiet and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This property is only a few years old; but it is obviously well maintained. We stayed 3 nights for a getaway, and it gets high marks all around. Friendly staff, well appointed and immaculate room, clean heated pool and a decent hot breakfast is available.

There is a social hour most not all evenings, and while we did not partake it was well attended and decently provisioned considering it was free.

It's close to the airport, and this means it's not so close groceries and shopping, but Tucson enjoys good traffic movement most days, and once you get up to the city proper there is all manner of shopping and dining. And if you're leaving by air...........5 minutes !

There is so much of the Sonoran desert that is worth your time, you really need to plan a few days in this special place. This property is a great place to use as home base.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Katie H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for this wonderful review of our hotel and city! We hope to see you again soon!

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Mirabel, Qc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We spent 5 nights at this hotel and we didn't regret it.
We really loved our stay.
The location is great and provides easy and fast access to every attractions in the area.
This hotel looks good, is clean and is well taken care of. Doors are locked and we felt secure.
The room was great with a full kitchen. Big fridge, oven top, microwave, sink, etc. The eating area was big enough. The bed was comfy. Flat screen TV. Nice and clean bathroom. The only bad thing is that the kitchen could be better furnished with ustensiles and other useful kitchen "tools"... but it is always like that with hotel kitchens, almost everywhere... but hope Marriot would do better than the others ;)
The pool area is very nice and inviting. There is also a very useful grill situated in the pool area.
The free included hot breakfast was excellent.
They also offer free dining in the lobby, at the beginning of the week, it sems very popular. They served hamburgers and beer, lasagna and wine and also tacos while we were there.
The lobby is really nice and the outdoor patio with a fire place is cool.
The service we had from the staff needs to be mentionned. We had GREAT service. Thx especially to Bill :)
I highly recommend this hotel and we will be back for sure when returning to Tucson.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Katie H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We are very pleased that you enjoyed youe stay with us as it is our goal to exceed your expectations! I will pass on your wonderful kudos to Bill. We hope to see you on your next trip to Tucson!
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very quiet overall. We stayed for 4 nights. I agree with other reviewers about the lack of grocery stores nearby. My only complaint was a lack of frying pan in the kitchenette. Otherwise, a good stay & we would consider staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Katie H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your great review! We hope to see you on your next trip to Tucson!
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights last week, the rooms were clean, the staff at the front desk were courteous. Since I prefer to cook my meals, I normally stay at hotels that provide a small kitchen. The desk area expands to provide more room. However the desk faces away from the flat screen TV...that is how the rooms are designed.

The ethernet connection to the Internet was sluggish...I did not get a chance to fully test its bandwidth by downloading large work files or watch a movie on netflix. I selected this hotel since the Staybridge Suites wase too expensive and it has a basketball court....I had a great workout. I did aggrevate my knee...but I dont know if it is attributable to me getting older or the interlocking mesh layed over the concrete court. I'm still limping around..getting better.

The hotel is located close to the airport and has easy access to I-10. Unfortunately, there are no groceries stores or banks close by....thats Tucson. Another reason I stayed at TownePlace Suites, it is one of the few Hotels in Tucson that have the entrance to the rooms inside which provides security for yourself and your belongings when away from the hotel...,..Very Big Plus.

The rate was $149 / night with high taxes....maybe adjusting the rates to $129 to $139 may fill up more rooms specially during the Internationa Gem Show and Major League Spring Baseball.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
COLUMBIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a great looking property. Very quiet and safe during my stay. Loved the hot/cold breakfast with variety as well as the manager's reception with free soft/alcohol drinks, lasagna, salad, bread. The carpet throughout is very clean along with everything else. My king studio had a full fridge, stove-top, m/w, dishes, dishwasher, clothes basket, plenty of lighting, sofa bed, desk space, free internet, anystream shower head (the best), nice flat-screen with 4 HBO and 5 ESPN channels. Didn't feel cramped at all. Everything worked great! Very friendly day and night staff. Love the key card entry on the pool area. Laundry room on site. Great fitness center. Free daily paper. The bottled water was even reasonably priced at $1. Will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend and everything about this place is great. From the clean rooms, very friendly staff, outdoor fireplace with very comfy, clean furniture to the pool with handicap lift ready to go and even a gas bbq grill if you need one! Make yourself at home, you're going to be very comfortable here!

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Due to my late arrival and early depature, I decided to stay down the by the airport this trip. The Towneplace Suites is a really nice hotel located only about 1 mile from the airprot. I used the hotel shuttle a few times when I was there and they were always prompt and very courteous. The hotel shares a shuttle at times with the Hilton Garden Inn, so don't be confused if that is the one that comes pick you up. Everything at this hotel was really clean (room, gym, pool). The rooms include a kitchen, but I believe at this property they are just mini-suites. This was fine for me. I did hear a little bit of noise from the airport, in the morning, but otherwise it was quiet. Breakfast was included with the room. They had some hot choices as well as cereal, yogurt etc. There are a few places to eat in that area, but the choices are limited, so keep that in mind if you will not have a car during your stay. The printer in the business center was acting up a bit when I was there, but the front desk reprinted my boarding pass for me. Also, there was no sound on CBS on the TV, but they seemed to be aware of that problem, so hopefully that will be resolved soon. Those were the only very small issues that I would have to mention. I would definitely stay here again if I wanted to be close to the airport. Towneplace Suites is becoming one of my favorite Marriott properties.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport? Share your experiences!