“Everything you need” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 127 hotels in Tucson
COLUMBIA
“Everything you need”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a great looking property. Very quiet and safe during my stay. Loved the hot/cold breakfast with variety as well as the manager's reception with free soft/alcohol drinks, lasagna, salad, bread. The carpet throughout is very clean along with everything else. My king studio had a full fridge, stove-top, m/w, dishes, dishwasher, clothes basket, plenty of lighting, sofa bed, desk space, free internet, anystream shower head (the best), nice flat-screen with 4 HBO and 5 ESPN channels. Didn't feel cramped at all. Everything worked great! Very friendly day and night staff. Love the key card entry on the pool area. Laundry room on site. Great fitness center. Free daily paper. The bottled water was even reasonably priced at $1. Will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend and everything about this place is great. From the clean rooms, very friendly staff, outdoor fireplace with very comfy, clean furniture to the pool with handicap lift ready to go and even a gas bbq grill if you need one! Make yourself at home, you're going to be very comfortable here!

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Due to my late arrival and early depature, I decided to stay down the by the airport this trip. The Towneplace Suites is a really nice hotel located only about 1 mile from the airprot. I used the hotel shuttle a few times when I was there and they were always prompt and very courteous. The hotel shares a shuttle at times with the Hilton Garden Inn, so don't be confused if that is the one that comes pick you up. Everything at this hotel was really clean (room, gym, pool). The rooms include a kitchen, but I believe at this property they are just mini-suites. This was fine for me. I did hear a little bit of noise from the airport, in the morning, but otherwise it was quiet. Breakfast was included with the room. They had some hot choices as well as cereal, yogurt etc. There are a few places to eat in that area, but the choices are limited, so keep that in mind if you will not have a car during your stay. The printer in the business center was acting up a bit when I was there, but the front desk reprinted my boarding pass for me. Also, there was no sound on CBS on the TV, but they seemed to be aware of that problem, so hopefully that will be resolved soon. Those were the only very small issues that I would have to mention. I would definitely stay here again if I wanted to be close to the airport. Towneplace Suites is becoming one of my favorite Marriott properties.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Clean, well appointed and large rooms with equally nice common areas. Normal Towneplace Suites breakfast as well. No complaints. This worked perfectly for meetings and the airport shuttle was on time both ways. I really didn't hear any airplGood value and service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Laredo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Driving in we thought we were going to be isolated, but eventually got closer and discovered it's in a convenient area with fast food and restaurants nearby for the weary traveler. The rooms were comfortable and bathroom had a convenient shelf on which to put my toiletries. Only one problem, the towels were wet. First we thought maybe the dryer wasn't working, yet later we wondered if they had not been replaced from the previous users. This happend in both rooms we rented. I did mention this to the desk clerk at checkout and she was courteous and said she'd check it out.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

After a month working in Phoenix..I decided to visit Tucson for the first time and needed to take a two week business trip to Florida..so I took advantage of Towneplace's Park Sleep Fly package thru Marriott.com..with up to 14 days of parking included..I stayed a nite on return trip of my flights but staying the night before your trip is also available...(Sidebar:TUS Int'l is one of the nicest airports to fly in and out of..laid back..efficient..on-time..out of dozens of US airports it is now in my Top 5 faves)..
Okay back to Towneplace...I stopped in day before my flight..and the friendly Katy at the front desk took my reservation and made a note for next day staff that i needed shuttle trip to TUS...
Upon returning to TUS..called hotel..and after a few minutes wait..was shuttled back to Towneplace..and was again greeted by smiley Katy at the front desk who gave me my preferred 3rd floor King room and an early 1 p.m. check-in which was much appreciated by me after an early a.m. flight from the east coast....The entire hotel and the rooms are extremely clean and bright..Nice full size fridge..microwave and stocked kitchen for extended stay convenience...Bathroom was bright..shower is spacious..great water pressure..plenty of hot water..nice toiletries and counter space in bathroom..Bed was very comfy as all Marriott beds are with nice selection of pillows with my favorite down pillows always in the mix..Nice desk for working..flat panel..sofabed/couch..and wi-fi worked well..
Nice workout room with bottled water and towels..and new well maintained fitness equipment with personal TV screens and available earbuds provided..
Pool is larger than you find at many other non resort properties..great water temp..nice relaxing waterfall feature into pool..and lots of chairs..
Courtyard adjacent to pool has nice covered patio area with outdoor fireplace with flat panel TV above..Looks like a great place to hang out and watch some weekend football games in fall/winter...
I am a breakfast guy..and this Townneplace did it very well..nice variety of eggs ..potatoes..french toast.. sausages...juices..."fresh fruit in a bowl"..bananas..yogurt..breads..sweets..pastries...cooked oatmeal...cold cereals..Overall...much better than most complimentary hotel breakfasts..I liked that they had Saturday and Sunday local papers in lobby area for guests as opposed to just a leftover Friday USA Today....Very inviting dining area..with lots of tables..just off lobby area..
Business center had two pc's with wall mounted flat screen monitors...nice ...(and my room key opened the business center door--sorry that is a joke related to my mediocre review of Fairfield Inn Tuscon Airport review)
All the staff I met and chatted with here were very friendly and accommodating..(I had a late check-out with no worries)
Also..If you like to take early a.m. runs..especially in summer to beat the heat..this area is very quiet and lots of opportunities for safe running...
This Towneplace stay was my third (Tampa and Minneapolis were others) and this was by far the best...helped by the fact that it is only a few years old..
For a day ..a week or a month...I highly recommend this Towneplace as the best Marriott family hotel value in Tuscon airport area....

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms facing back of property offer beautiful mountain views as well as airport in the dis...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Albuquerque, Nm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

TownePlace is trying to be a more “upscale” extended-stay brand hotel and in décor and amenities I would say this location has succeeded in that regard. This location offers only studios (no 1- or 2-bedroom suites) that are not much bigger than a standard mid-level hotel room but they do have more amenities. Kitchens are well-appointed, colors are muted yet pleasant and bathrooms are nicely finished and well-stocked. Towels were surprisingly soft. The closet was huge. The bed was very comfortable. The small sofa converts to a full-size bed if needed. For one person it was more than adequate for the one night I stayed; for a longer stay, however, I would want a larger room or 1-bedroom suite. The staff was great; I got a call from the front desk shortly after settling into my room asking if all was to my satisfaction. Another front desk agent was more than helpful in providing directions to a nearby movie theater. The location is super close to the airport which is good if you have an early flight. I did not partake of the free breakfast so I’m not qualified to comment on that. Housekeeping did just fine as my room was very clean upon arrival. I only recall a convenience store and a Burger King close-by (and possibly a cocktail lounge) so if you need more substantive fare you’ll need a car or a cab. There are a lot of hotel choices near Tucson Airport (budget to upper-mid-level); I’m happy to recommend this one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review! We hope to see you the next time you are in town!

We also offer a complimentary Airport Shuttle as well as shuttle service to The Great American Grill restaurant that is half a mile away!

Been to TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport? Share your experiences!