“A Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 122 Attractions in Tucson
Type: Parks, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Cultivate your appreciation for the Sonoran Desert’s natural beauty and the impression it makes on everyone who explores our “Desert Corner”. Here, the seasons inspire wondrous events both in nature and culturally; Tohono Chul celebrates every opening, whether for an internationally known artist or an exquisite cactus flower. Wander the natural desert gardens—escape the noise of everyday. Engage in our sincere passion to evolve “The Desert Corner” as an integral crossroads of nature, art and culture.
SAINT LOUIS
19 attraction reviews
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have been to Tucson a dozen or so times in as many years and had never heard of Tohon Chul Park. It is a very unique place with gardens, art galleries, wonderful interpretive graphics about geology and history of the area, and a fantastic restaurant. I particularly liked the exhibitions on water conservation and gardening and the ethnobotanical gardens. I learned a lot and had a wonderfully pleasant walk around the grounds. It was delightful.

Visited August 2013

7 attraction reviews
“Little disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

It seems to expensive for what it has to offer. You can see it all stoping by the road and walking in the desert for free.

Visited February 2013
Tucson, Arizona
19 attraction reviews
“Treasured Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Tohono Chul Park has been one of the "must" visits for all our visitors, as well as a place I like to go myself. Besides a great gift shop, it has a wonderful educational program about the desert plants.....their Christmas Lights Nights around the holidays are a must.

Visited April 2013
Tucson
“Tohono Chul Park, a hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My co-worker and I decided to visit Tohono Chul Park here in Tucson one morning.

We were invited to come for a tour and a better understanding of who they are and what they mean to the community of Tucson. My co-workers and I decided to go a little early and have breakfast there at their Bistro before the tour.

We sat in their garden bistro and sipped on coffee and enjoyed our breakfast and the crisp morning air. I had the Eggs Benedict and I think they were the best I have ever had!

We soon began our tour of the gardens. I have to say, you would not even know, as you walk around, that they are located next to the bustling intersection of Ina & Oracle! The garden and all the walking trails are awesome! Various spaces throughout the gardens feature re-created zones throughout the Sonoran Desert and the high mountain areas that teach everyone about the different zones and the plant and animal life that are attracted to them. This is a wonderful way of educating everyone on the different aspects of the desert that we dont get to see while here in the city. Some of these indigenous and native plant and animal life are so intriguing as we learn about their habits to survive in the harsh winter and summer seasons.

One thing I was simply amazed about is how much acreage they have! We could have walked trails for hours! And they are located again, on Ina and Oracle....who would have thought!

Hummingbirds, lizards, small insects, how awesome is that to have a staff so dedicated to care and educate all of us on what calls home in the Sonoran Desert. All the docents and staff are so dedicated to these efforts. Their gift shop procures many items, arts and crafts handmade right here in town as they outsource nothing!!!

I do not recall the name of the original owner in the early 1900's, but her plan of purchasing much of the land in that area to avoid urbanization paid off dearly. Now we have a wonderful attraction to send my first time Southern Arizona visitors from kids to adults who want a better understanding and appreciation of what this part of the Southwest is all about!

Kudos to Tohono Chul Park!!

Visited July 2013
25 attraction reviews
“Hidden gem in the middle of the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This nature park is a beautiful getaway in the middle of Tucson. We also enjoy the gift shop and tea room and art displays.

Visited October 2012

Been to Tohono Chul Park? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Tohono Chul Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.