“Don't stay here!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Portal, Arizona
“Don't stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed here the night before an early morning flight. We've stayed here before with no complaints. Wow! Have things changed. This place is a mess. The towels were literally in shreds. The lamp shade had missing pieces, The furniture was damaged. Although the staff was friendly, they could not make up for the deteriorating accommodations. It is a great location, but there are many other hotels to choose from in the immediate area. We normally love Comfort Suites and usually prefer to stay at one of their hotels. Pass on this one!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitesairport, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
We sent an apology letter to the guest. We were equally upset with our new employees behavios. We removed this employee from guest service operation immediately after this event. She has been with us only for three days and it is unfortumate that our guest has to go through it. We would like to have an opportunity to serve this guest again and would over very best to meet their expectations.

Gm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Port Coquitlam, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had arrived in Tucson for business and this hotel was book for me. When I went to check in the receptionist was talking to a friend and did not even acknowledge me at all.

I mentioned I had a reservation as it was 8:00 pm and wanted to checkin for doing some work, usual business travel. She looked at me like I was interruppting her and did not even say a word. Her friend left and she went into the back and came back a couple minutes later.

Her attitude was like she was doing me a favour by letting me check-in. Quite an attitude. I decided to cancel my reservation as if this was any indication on the hotel I did not want to stay here. I left and went to another hotel which was much better. During the whole time she did not look at me but was focused on her computer only.

I will highly recommend not to stay here and will note this to our company travel (190,000 employees).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Douglas, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had 2 rooms at the Comfort Suites Tucson Airport. The reason why is because I flew from Washington D.C. to Tucson and we got a cheap rate at the Comfort Suites Airport... The hotel was very nice. The rooms were nice and we were right next store to each other. I was in Room 219 and my tia was in Room 227.

Ronald helped us out by checking us in. He was very nice and polite. When I got to the hotel because we took a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I introduce to myself. After the shuttle picked us up, I told him i just got back from Washington D.C. He said "That's nice"...

I was at the Ronald Regan International Airport and I called the hotel to ask for directions and after when I hung up on them. I told myself, I know where the hotel was at it was just a short little drive...I thought it would be a long drive but just a short drive...

My room was on the 2nd floor. It was very nice. I think each room it has a suite and i thought that was cool...Our room had a sofa-bed, two beds, microwave and a kitchen... The TV was a Zenith and it was a pretty huge tv with lots of channels with NBC, FOX, ABC, Weather Channel, CNN, CBS, CNN Headline News etc... I was dissapointed because i pressed on the remote channel 66 and the paper said the "menu channel" and the channel guide said it was the tv guide channel. Who is wrong? Menu channel or TV Guide Channel? I thought that was not good... But, Everything seems very nice...

The breakfast was very good. Not alot of people there on a Sunday Morning...They had Waffles, Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Cereal, Apples, Oranges, Yogurt, Morning Coffee, Orange Juice and Apple Juice... I was surprised at this hotel if you want to go downstairs, get your breakfast, bring it up to your room... At this hotel, SORRY! You can not take food to your room and I told myself. "Why would they do that?" At most hotels, You can take your breakfast up to your room but at this hotel, Think Again!!!... But, That was good when you check-in the front-desk they gave you like a breakfast ticket whenever you go downstairs for breakfast there's like a little box all you need to do is drop off your ticket and enjoy your breakfast...

They really need to add GSN because i was in Washington D.C. and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Dulles International Airport near the Interstate and this was cool they had Game Show Network I thought that was amazing!!! I also thought they should add GSN to the tv guide even though they had lots of channels...

I really enjoyed this hotel... It made me feel warm & comfortable.... I really liked the tv Zenith, It was pretty huge tv... Definitely we will stay here again!!!

Room Tip: "Every room has a Suite" "2nd floor is quiet" "1st floor and the 3rd...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We have already responded to his. Guest Service Agent was removed and reassigned to retraining program immediately. She is a very new (on job three days). We hope that guest will give us another oppotuntiy to serve them.

GM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Given their reasonable rates, the Comfort Suites Airport in Tucson is a decent place to stay while awaiting onward transportation. Located close to the airport, the hotel was clean, quiet and adequately staffed. There are nicer properties in the area which would be better for an extended stay, but they are also quite a bit more expensive. We had a comfortable night, and were directed to an excellent restaurant about one mile away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Winona, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here for three days. For the money, had no complaint with the room, dated but ok. Breakfast area was way to small for the amount of people staying there, long lines due to bad layout, not enough area to sit, food marginal at best. We ate out after the first day. Pool party's at night going on after 11 PM not good for sleeping.Biggest complaint was on our last day we left at 8 AM to eat breakfast elsewhere, I noticed noticed I left my watch at the hotel, went back 1 hour later, they let me go to my room which someone had been in already and stripped the bed, where I had left my watch. The watch was gone, for the record mattress had bad bad stains on it. Cleaning person was 2 rooms down, but of course never saw it. Desk person said she was so sorry. Gone 1 hour, and the employee cleaning the room was 2 doors down and they did nothing else but, I'm so sorry. Wrote to Choice Motels on their website, was supposed to get a response in 72 hrs., after 9 days I emailed them again. They said I'm sorry send your complaint again and we will review. Upper management sounds as bad as hotel desk staff. My fault for leaving my watch, employees shouldn't steal guests possessions, hotel should have handled this immediately on the spot. Choice Hotels needs some training all the way up the chain of command.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are sorry for the unfortunately event. After the complaint was received, we reviewed the CAMERA (we have 24/7 serveillance) and noticed no one entering the room. As a part of employement all staff are requied to get their belonging (purse etc) inspected before leaving the presmises. Everyone has rights and we can not just bluntly accused anyone of anything unless we have a proof. Staff background is investigated and references are checked before being hired for the employement. In past there has been guest who has filed a complained and found the missing items from their bags when they return home safely. We aplogized to the guest for the unfortunate events.

GM
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My friend and I had a very enjoyable time at this hotel. It was down the road from the airport. The location is very convenient. Sonia, the front desk clerk was friendly and warm and informative. She helped us find our way around and gave us good advice on shopping locations. The pool and hot tub were in working order and were wonderful. It is a good bargain. Breakfast was included and had a good selection of hot and cold options. Beds were comfortable. Not alot of luxury but if you need an economical place to spend the night its not a bad choice at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Westminster, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife two small kids and I were back in the Tucson area again. We were looking around at other hotels in the area that had suites and we actually preferred a different hotel in the area, but family was staying at the Comfort Suites so we got talked into booking a room here.

As with our previous experience here, this place is not for families with more than one small child! The suites are quite small and rather cramped. Our kids' ages are 11 months and 4 years. My wife is still breastfeeding our 11 month old and we're up 1-2 times overnight to feed him and so she can use her breastpump. There really is no good place to set up a pack 'n play. But at least our 4 year old can use the pull out bed from the couch which did work out nicely. On a side note, we did actually have to put our 4 year old in another one of our family member's room so that he would not be disturbed when we're up overnight with the baby.

The breakfast was actually really good and I do like their variety. However, they really do need to watch the expiration dates especially on fruit! The bananas they tried to serve were very old and quite soft.

The staff is very nice especially the manager, Sandra. She is very easy to work with and quick to respond to needs. She had no problem letting our entire family use the breakfast room for an evening pizza party on our last night there.

I could tell they upgraded their outdoor lighting fixtures since the last time we were there. The parking lot was very well lit and this did give us a bigger sense of security.

As far as the rooms go, they do need some serious updating. The handle on our toilet broke off on the last day we were there and the dark shades were very worn and being held together with a safety pin! It kept out most of the light (and it's even brighter outside now that the outdoor lighting at night is way better than before) but it still let in enough to make it a bit annoying. It just doesn't seem the up-keep of the property is what it was before.

Also the staff really need to emphasize that this is a non-smoking hotel. A few times when walking through the hallway we did smell cigarette smoke. Thankfully none of it got into our room, or the other room where our 4 year old was sleeping, but still it was there.

It's definitely not a bad place as long as it's one person or couples staying in the suite, or a family with 1 small child (even then I wouldn't go that far). But it's still a place that I would bypass for better options in the immediate area. It could be better if they would just update the rooms and make sure maintenance is onsite more frequently and emphasize the non-smoking policy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Airport? Share your experiences!