“Do Not Stay At This Hotel!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #75 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Bridal Veil, Oregon
“Do Not Stay At This Hotel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Its managers are either idiots or unempowered or both. In early September 2012, I made telephone reservations to stay at this hotel for two time periods: 16, 17, 18 October; and, 21-25 October. When I arrived at the hotel, the hotel had no record of any reservation for these days. Instead of booking me for those days in October, they had booked me for the days in September and charged me two "no show" fees of $72 each. The issue would have been easy to resolve when I was at the front desk. Judging from the parking lot, there was no shortage of vacant rooms. Instead of using the "no shows" as a credit towards the eight night stay -- $570 -- the manager said he would give me one night free and "try" to do something about the situation in the morning. A promise to "try" wasn't good enough to keep me there. I pointed out the fact that the hotel was going to make $500+ in business if they could resolve the issue immediately. If they didn't -- or couldn't -- I was going to go across the street to their competitor and stay there for eight nights. Rather than take the business, it appears they preferred to try to keep the $144 in no show fees. (We'll see if they do. I am disputing this with the credit card company.) Let's take this one step further. I am sure I gave them the correct days when I made the reservation. But, suppose I didn't? If you were the manager and you had empty rooms in this situation, what would you do? Not what they did, I would bet. Don't be surprised if this place either doesn't stay in business or winds up with new management. Right now, based on my experience, I wouldn't make a reservation at a Comfort Suites on a bet.

Room Tip: Go across the parking lot to the hotel to the south. Not only did we get a room at the same rate, t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We live in Tucson. Just before we left on our trip our AC went out so we spent the night of our return at an airport hotel. We picked Comfort Suites because of the price ($64 with tax), reviews and because my husband is a Choice Privileges member. To be fair my husband travels often to business and his preference is ground floor near door (I prefer upper floors away from doors/elevators). Typical Comfort Suite room set-up. Overall clean, bed comfortable. AC unit was very noisey and we had to turn it off to get to sleep (we turned it off at 10:00 pm at 67 and it was 76 when we woke up at 5:30 am). Could hear planes take off and land (though not overly loud), heard foot steps of person in room above ours, wifi never worked, refrigerator worked but facade was cracked. DId not eat breakfast. Since the room was so inexpensive and we just wanted to sleep overnight it was okay.

Room Tip: I'd suggest asking for room on the north side of building (away from airport) and an upper floor...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I checked in after midnight, there was a young lady in her early 20,s very friendly but she was on the phone talking about how her schedule was upsetting her and claimed she has worked with no overtime pay and she can do something about that. She then told that person to hold and assisted me. I said I hope you having a good night and she said her and her roomate are up set about new schedule. She should have hung up the phone while checking me in, I understand people are upset but do not show problems to guests or let them over hear issues happening with hotel. Other than that everything was ok.

• Stayed August 2012
Mt. Pleasant, Tx.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I try to stay in Choice Hotel properties that are pet friendly (although most charge extra, unlike LaQuinta) and this one was out of the way, being a couple of miles off I-10, but it was worth the drive. The desk person gave us an even lower rate than we had been quoted on line, and our third floor room was great. Morning meal was the usual, but was good. Excellent staff that kept inquiring about our comfort. Would probably have given excellent rating, but ice machine was broken.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Having read the reviews about upper floor rooms being changed an extra fee upon check-in I was expecting some hassle to get my request for an upper floor room to be honored at the rate I booked. I was assigned an upper floor room straight away - maybe because I am a Choice Privileges member?

This is an airport hotel, and in that respect it's fine - and it was right across from Thrifty car rental, so returning a car early in the morning took all of about 2 minutes door to door.....! It is a fairly hefty drive to downtown, and one things about Tucson is that it can be slow to drive further into the city if you've the evening free prior to flying the next day. I certainly wouldn't consider staying out by the airport in Tucson for any reason other than to fly out the next day. Stay near where you want to go - as I said, I found Tucson a sprawling city, slow to drive across because of traffic lights, construction, and lack of interstates except central corridor north-south.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

very nice place to stay, was well worth the money. room was very clean, breakfast nice, and staff nice and helpful. thanks!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We traveled to Tucson to halp pack up my daughter for their move from Tucson to Phoenix. Staying at an Airport Hotel can sometimes be noisey but I can say that I never heard an airplane. From check-in to check-out the service was 5 Star! Greated with a warm welcome and helpful the entire stay. Our room on the 3rd floor was spotless and looked brand new! Bathroom with granite countertop was beautiful. Our room had a medium size refridgerator and a microwave! The breakfast was amazing. make your own waffles were very delisiouse. The best coffee on the planet. My understanding it is under new management and they are doing an amazing job. The General Manager, Dan, and his staff were helpful to all the guests. The entire hotel is spotless and our air conditioning was ice cold and quiet. It was 108 degrees outside. They also have a beautiful pool and hot tub and a workout room. What more can you ask for. I will definitly stay there again. We still have relative that live in Tucson and drive down all the timme. A Big Thank you from Georgette "GG" George

Room Tip: 3rd floor seem to be very very quiet
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Airport? Share your experiences!