“very nice, quiet motel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 127 Hotels in Tucson
Chicago, Illinois
“very nice, quiet motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

i don't understand the negative reviews. for a moderately priced motel, this place is nice!!
my room was very comfortable and clean. it had a microwave, fridge, iron and ironing board, in-room coffee maker and coffee/tea, free wall street journal daily, expanded cable tv.
there is a computer and printer in the lobby for free use. the breakfast is from 6-930 a.m. you do not have to order hot food- it is all available at 6 a.m.: waffles, egg and sausage patties, muffins, oatmeal, apples, juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, toast/english muffins, etc.
all of the workers were nice. close to the airport but no noise at night. no compalints!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Prophetstown, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

We were there for a family vacation. My husband must have oxygen so we had requested that the oxygen be delivered before we got there. As we were boarding the plane in Chicago we received a phone call telling us the Hotel refused the oxygen. Long story short. We had to have them deliver it after we arrived approx 7:45 p.m. The hotel is old but everything seems to be ok. Nothing fancy. The breakfast was very good. Never a problem getting anything. (maybe seating at times.) I did have a problem with getting our room cleaned one day and I spoke with the Head housekeeper (Susan) she was very nice and made sure that we were very well taken care of after that point. If it had not been for her I am not sure that I would of stayed there for our whole vacation. We were there 6 days. yes it is a lil old looking but otherwise it was fine for us. I would not stay here for a romantic stay but for the family it was ok. Thank you Susan for making it a nicer stay. It is near the airport but I never found it to be a problem. It is easy access to everywhere. We didnt get to go swimming to cold but the pool was very clean.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I booked this through Travelocity, and it was a little cheaper than some of the other hotels, yet still came to $115.00 total, and it was described as pretty decent, the picture looked OK, and the name seemed to be pretty reputable.

I hadn't used tripadvisor before, and that was a mistake. At the airport, the van that came to pick me up had a dent in it, and an older African American woman who looked a little disheveled came to pick me up. I thought, "oh no." Do you know what I mean when I say that a hotel reminds me of a nursing home? This one did. I don't know how they justify asking for so much money.

The atmosphere was so bad, everything old. The carpet in the room was all wrinkled, and the curtains were wrinkled, with a bleach stain.

It was clean, I give you that, and the young woman at the counter was pleasant and helpful. The food in the morning was fine, and there was no noise throughout the night. So, it was not a disaster. But it was disappointing. I couldn't wait to leave.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Winneconne, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

We checked in with the most bubbly personality we've seen in a long time. We had an okay breakfast at best why do we have to wait for the sausage and eggs to be requested before they are cooked so if you want to eat at this location you need to put in your breakfast request and then wait. Because breakfast ends at 9:30am we went to eat and then returned to the room making sure to put the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door as we had driven all night and just wanted to sleep. We were awaken to someone pounding on the door thinking there was an emergency my husband answered the door to find a little girl who spoke little english requesting our towels and sheets. All we can say is if you stay you'd better not plan on sleeping in someone will be at your door

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Safford, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed here in Sept. on my way out to Michigan. Convenience to the airport and shuttle service made me pick it. I've usually had good luck with Comfort Inns. This one needs help, though. The room I had was OK at best. The bathroom had damaged walls and mold. The attempt to hide this by putting the waste basket in front of it didn't work. The bottom sheet did not fit the bed. If my husband had been along, as much as he tosses and turns, it would have come off. It also had black marks that didn't come out in the wash. The value was great, especially since it did include a breakfast. I'm just not sure I'd stay there again, especially if I can get a similar price at a better motel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Peoria, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I first stayed at this location almost by accident. The front desk staff is excellent and the people who handle the full hot breakfast in the morning help to start my day out right. It is next to the Airport but there is no aircraft noise at all. In fact, because of it's location it has very little traffic. You do have to drive to get to a restaurant.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Sierra Vista, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My daughters and I were guest in December 2010. We found the staff friendly. We needed to leave our car which we were able to park right out front for 5 days and the Manager could see those cars being left right out the office window. We found the facility clean, lots of room, food bar more than sufficient, Staff call to shuttle service was prompt and even offered help with loading at a VERY early morning hour, plus they had coffee ready at our 5 a.m. departure time. We were able to stay going and coming - 2 nights. Four of us will stay again in fall for 2 nights! It is very convenient to airport and safe.

Room Tip: Let them know you are shopping price, call hotel direct and they will work with you.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Airport? Share your experiences!