“Comes a Revolution” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Revolutionary Grounds

Revolutionary Grounds
606 N. Fourth Ave., Tucson, AZ (West University)
(520) 620-1770
Neighborhood: West University
Hamilton, Canada
“Comes a Revolution”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

Being a self confessed coffee snob nothing jumps around my synapses more than a good cup of coffee. When I heard that the owners of Revolutionary Grounds were going to open a book store/coffee shop I expected that the coffee would be as revolutionary as the idea of a leftist book store. I wasn’t disappointed one bit. The coffee choices are awesome. The fair trade coffees were blended and tasted in house before being a part of their repertoire. Most of the desserts are made locally from heirloom recepies from organic unprocessed ingredients.
One of the things I really like about this place is that while you are enjoying that wonderful hit of joe, the owner will strike up a conversation with you, usually about food with me but we also talked about social justice, politics, government. It strikes me that this is what coffee café’s began doing in France before the revolution there. Viva Revolutionary Grounds.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Green Valley, Arizona
“The Revolution has begun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

My first thought was "I need a cup of coffee", but when I walked through the door at Revolutionary Grounds I could smell soup cooking and saw a wall lined with wonderful books. Revolutionary Grounds is much more than just a fabulous cup of coffee. The coffee is wonderful with as many choices as any chain coffee house, but what sets this place apart is the menu of healthy, delicious, food AND tasty sinful treats. The menu includes many vegetarian choices and even some vegan picks. Homemade soup simmers in the crock pot. Save room for dessert. I've never had a piece of pecan pie with so many pecans in it. There's an added bonus at Revolutionary Grounds, the books and magazines. A large selection of interesting (and leftist leaning) books having to do with change, revolution, and acceptance. I was most impressed with the selection of high quality children's books. The kids book "Bad Kitty" by Nick Bruel, made it out of the shop with me. And finally the owners Joy and Paul will treat you like a friend and make the shop a very nice place to stop when you are strolling around Fourth Ave. in Tucson, Arizona.

revolutionarygrounds, owner/operator at Revolutionary Grounds, responded to this review, January 7, 2009
Thank you for the wonderful review. We love our community, and our customers seem to quickly become our frineds. We look forward to continuing to add to the 4th avenue experience of residents and visitors alike.