“Very good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Joesler Historic Inn "La Posada del Valle"

Save Saved
You added The Joesler Historic Inn "La Posada del Valle" to your Saves list
The Joesler Historic Inn "La Posada del Valle"
1640 N. Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85719   |
Ranked #27 of 52 Tucson B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Very good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just a few minutes walk to University Medical Center. Very safe and convenient location. The breakfast, the best part of my stay, was better than what is provided by some big chain hotels. The lady who made the breakfast was very hospitable and good at cooking as well. The room needs some updating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I want to start by saying, if you are looking for a great place to hold an intimate wedding, look no further. This hidden bed and breakfast has everything you are looking for and more! You will never find a venue with the everything they offer for this amazing price. Janos is an amazing man and the staff is helpful in anything you need. The rooms are perfect, location is great and they made my sister's day PERFECT! I was in charge of planning my sister's wedding in which we were all coming from out of town and states. Everyone was impressed with the venue and for our guests that stayed the night, they all slept like babies. There are no words to describe the delicious breakfast made for us in the morning. It is a must stay, rest and eat to believe. They said it was our home while we used it for the wedding and it really felt like home. It is a beautiful place and it didn't take much to tranform it into an intimate,elegant,classy wedding with family from a far to top the evening. I would highly recommend it as a venue for any gathering or I could definitely stay for a small getaway. I give this hidden treasure 5 stars all around!

• Stayed November 2012
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

When I hear the word "B&B" or "Inn" in the USA, I usually feel a sense of trepidation. My preference is for big chain hotels. However, La Posada del Valle was a pleasure from beginning to end. The place is full of character; the decor traditional and wonderful throughout.

The bedrooms are excellent, being reasonably large, and individually decorated. All the bathroom facilities were there.

Breakfasts are apparently legendary here and I can see why. Juice, good coffee, a platter of fruits, and eggs in the southwestern manner. Service in the morning is charming.

Don't expect a traditional hotel with reception desk; I hardly saw anyone else while I was there. I felt like I had this big old traditional house to myself (although there were other desks). I can't comment on value for money because the University paid my bill. However, I don't think it's expensive.

There's free wi-fi but my room was right at the end of the building and I couldn't pick up any signal there. That wasn't a problem because there's a very pleasant and comfortable lobby right outside where I could.

Checkout was at 11, and I had no problems with people trying to throw me out earlier. My only quibble is that it would have been nice if they'd supplied some bottled water. As a visitor without a car or local knowledge I had to drink the tap water. As you can see, I'm struggling to find anything negative to say about this place!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Las Cruces, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Our stay at this historic retreat was a mixed bag. The accommodations were good, although the bath needs some updating. The breakfast was very good, but not inspired and the overall ambience of the resort was excellent. Our last day at the B & B was a disaster! The owner told us we had to check out earlier than the checkout time list on the website and brochure because he had another party ready to move in. When we informed the owner that check out time was listed as 11:00 on the website he simply stated that he owned the B & B and would do what he wanted.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

After an unfortunate incident of overbooking, the owner offered a replacement night at a discount. I'm so glad I took him up on it! I stayed in the guest house, the bed was very comfortable, full kitchen and...what a breakfast! Fruit/yogurt/granola parfait, spinach/goat cheese/pepper quiche, fruit cup and a warm croissant. The breakfast area is charming and encourages conversation amongst guests. This will be our destination of choice when visiting our daughter at U of A, the Joesler is just minutes from campus. What a deal!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Maineville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012 via mobile

Everything from the booking, to the checking-in, to the room, to the breakfasts was wonderful. What a charming B&B this was. My husband and I were in town for a wedding & long weekend, and we couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay. The hospitality provided by Janos, the owner, was impeccable. He gave us excellent tourist advice for our non-wedding days, and his two puppies are adorable! The B&B provides five parking spots if you're renting a car, and we never had an issue with getting a spot. The location is very easy to find, thanks to the directions that Janos gave upon booking. My husband had to do some work while there (unfortunately), and he had no trouble at all linking into the free wifi. We stayed in The Rancheros room. The king-sized bed was very comfortable, there was a television with satellite if you want it - plus a DVD and VCR player - a bathroom with a tub, and a walk-out patio door. I'm happy to answer any questions about our stay should you have any.

• Stayed March 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011 via mobile

I was only at this b&b for around 7 hours (late arrival and early departure) but it was clean and comfy. I left before breakfast was served but it sure smelled great! I stayed in room 1, which was roomy with a cute little separate entrance to the courtyard. The bed was great! I think the room would be good for a longer stay, too. There was room for clothing storage and space to move around. For me, the best part was the location. I was in town to visit the medical center and it was really convenient to this inn. I'm pretty sure the price was food too, although work paid for my stay. I'd stay again if I go back to Tucson.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to The Joesler Historic Inn "La Posada del Valle"? Share your experiences!