“Terrible - Worst BBQ ever” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #834 of 1,707 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Barbecue
Phoenix, Arizona
“Terrible - Worst BBQ ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

If I could have given a negative rating I would have. I had the pulled pork sandwich and my husband the "Big Jake" platter. The pulled pork sandwich was barely luke warm and that was only when I got to the middle of the sandwich. My husband who will eat almost anything refused to even finish his meal. The ribs were dry, cold and tasteless. The brisket was greasy and grey in color. It was over cooked and left to cool to room temperature. My husband took one bite and refused to eat it. The "hot" link was the best thing on the plate (probably because it was commercial). It was neither hot in temperature or taste. The two sides he ordered were the corn cobb and a baked potato. The corn cobb had clearly been sitting far too long. It had a grey tinge in color, shrivelled and also cold. I risked a bite of it and wouldn't eat any more it was awful. The baked potato was also cold. They charge like wounded bulls for what they serve. The price certainly does not reflect the quality. Neither my husband or myself are food critics and will eat most decent food. This was the WORST BBQ we have ever had. We will not eat there again EVER.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Saskatchewan
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Had the BBQ chicken on a bun, and it was really good. Hubby had a burger & he liked it as well.

Visited February 2012
Tucson, Az
“Worst meal I have ever had in Tucson”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

I had the hald rack of ribs, with the traditional bbq sauce. Cost was almost $17.00. About what you would expect to pay at a really nice place here in this area. However, they are using the worst meat imaginable! Every single bite was full of grissle! It was awful..... I felt myself getting a sick feeling about halfway through them. I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, and and I tried to finish my meal. Even the bbq sauce was awful! I ended up throwing half of it away. The meat wasn't the only problem either. I had the cowboy beans and the coleslaw for my sides. The beans were good. The coleslaw didn't even look edible! The cabbage was dark from sitting too long, and it just didn't look tasty. I did try a bite.... and ended up using a napkin to spit it back out. Look....I have lived here in Tucson for 33 years, and have eaten at every restaurant here many times over. This was hands down the absolute most awful, most horrible, most rediculously over priced (for the quality) that I have ever experienced here, or anywhere else for that matter. DON'T EAT AT BIG JAKES BBQ! In fact, you may want to eat somewhere else before even going to Old Tucson Studios. They own and operate all of there restaurants there and I just bet none of them are going to get a very high score. And Tucson does have some EXCELLENT places here to eat. Some, right on the way to Old Tucson Studios. For example, there is a great steak house on Anklam rd, just west of Greasewood. Which, via Gates Pass, is right on the way to Old Tucson Studios.