“Good food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Saskatchewan
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Had the BBQ chicken on a bun, and it was really good. Hubby had a burger & he liked it as well.

Visited February 2012

% Recommend
Tucson, Az
“Worst meal I have ever had in Tucson”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

I had the hald rack of ribs, with the traditional bbq sauce. Cost was almost $17.00. About what you would expect to pay at a really nice place here in this area. However, they are using the worst meat imaginable! Every single bite was full of grissle! It was awful..... I felt myself getting a sick feeling about halfway through them. I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, and and I tried to finish my meal. Even the bbq sauce was awful! I ended up throwing half of it away. The meat wasn't the only problem either. I had the cowboy beans and the coleslaw for my sides. The beans were good. The coleslaw didn't even look edible! The cabbage was dark from sitting too long, and it just didn't look tasty. I did try a bite.... and ended up using a napkin to spit it back out. Look....I have lived here in Tucson for 33 years, and have eaten at every restaurant here many times over. This was hands down the absolute most awful, most horrible, most rediculously over priced (for the quality) that I have ever experienced here, or anywhere else for that matter. DON'T EAT AT BIG JAKES BBQ! In fact, you may want to eat somewhere else before even going to Old Tucson Studios. They own and operate all of there restaurants there and I just bet none of them are going to get a very high score. And Tucson does have some EXCELLENT places here to eat. Some, right on the way to Old Tucson Studios. For example, there is a great steak house on Anklam rd, just west of Greasewood. Which, via Gates Pass, is right on the way to Old Tucson Studios.