“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The hotel was nice and the employees were very kind and helpful. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the breakfast, the cereal was a little stale and the cinnamon rolls weren't very warm. But the hotel and the pool were awesome and it's a good location!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed at HIE on Grant when our daughter was going through UA orientation last year and we have returned to this hotel every time after when we've been in town for a visit. Great place for families!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The facilities were clean and very nice. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. Our room was well designed so as to not feel cramped when traveling with teenagers. The beds were comfortable with mattresses in good shape. We have stayed at this hotel before, and will continue to use this facility when traveling to Tucson.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here and the staff was awesome. The girl,who checked us in friday also checked us out the next morning, was very friendly. The hotel was very clean.I will definatly stay here again. Breakfast was enjoyable and room was spacious.

• Stayed August 2012
Mesa, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express in a few different cities and my experience has always been good. Comfortable room, free full breakfast and decent rates. This time was no exception in regards to the quality of my stay, until checkout. I was there on business and my employer had already prepaid for the room for four nights. Upon checkout, my receipt had a balance due, even though I had not charged anything to the room, which was reflected in the summary accurately. I talked to the attendant at the front desk and said that any charges not incurred by me (which was none) should be billed back to the card used to book the room and not to charge it to my card I gave them on check-in (for incidentals). He told me he wouldn't and the charge would be taken care of. Very nice. Only he didn't. He charged it to my card and now I have to jump through hoops with them and my employer to rectify the charge and get my money back.

First of all, how does the bill for a PREPAID room change without incurring any incidentals? Secondly, don't lie to me about "taking care of it" and then charge me for something I didn't book.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Mauro T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review of your stay. While I am glad that your stay was a good one, I am truly sorry about the billing error and your experience at checkout. If I can be of help in getting this corrected, please contact me at 520-624-3200 or e-mail me at hiexpgr@mmpproperties.com.
Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon.
Mauro Trejo
Holiday Inn Express Tucson - Grant Rd.
Green River, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed two nights at this property. The room was immaculate and the staff was truly remarkable in that they all went out of their way to see to it that all of our needs were accommodated. The bed was great, the bathroom large and very clean. Breakfast was average.
This hotel is conveniently located just off I-10 in north Tucson but a little out of sight behind two other hotels. In spite of this, parking is good and the outside noise level was nothing.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nogales, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed two nights at this hotel. It was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The coined operated laundry room came in very handy. The refrigerators work really well. My co-workers were pleased as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business