“Dream of a 75 year od man comes true” 5 of 5 stars

White Stallion Ranch
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9251 W Twin Peaks Rd, Tucson, AZ 85743   |
Ranked #1 of 127 Hotels in Tucson
Santee, California
“Dream of a 75 year od man comes true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Being 75 years old is NOT a death sentence. For me it was a dream come true and "White Stallion Ranch" helped to make that happen. I live in San Diego...Santee, CA which is in the eastern portion of San Diego County. It took me 6 hours to drive there from home through some beautiful desert terrain...hot but beautiful. I arrived at the ranch on July,14th and left on the 23rd. Upon arriving I checked in at the office and was greeted very warmly and was given my room number and key and directions to get there. The room was beautiful and was done in a western style with rough hewn walls and western pictures and rugs on the walls. There was a bureau and a closet to hang clothes along with bathrobes for your use while staying there. After I was settled I was given a tour of the facilities and given a key to the areas for adults which included the computer room, the fitness room and the pool area. Following this I was given a schedule of the riding times and was shown a bulletin board of meals and what was being served. Now at this point I have to tell you readers that you can go to the website and read all about he rest, including the rules of dress and what to bring and what not to bring. All I will say is that every meal and horseback riding was five star and then some. Now for the best part:

Riding the trails at the ranch consisted of slow rides; fast rides...you have to take a test for that one, mountain rides...rocky terrain but fun, flat rides, sunset rides...boy was that a gorgeous one and hayrides. Every one of the rides was led by a very competent wrangler...Oh I forgot the rodeo on Saturday afternoon; don't you dare miss it. I digressed. The wranglers are very professional and courteous to all levels of riding ability and ages. They are from various parts of the world. The UK, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden and of course, the good old U.S.A. NOW I have to name names! to thank them properly:

James, the trainer and what I call the "Horse Whisperer". Thank you for the friendship. and the conversations. To Jonathan; Laura, Stacey, Amy, Annika, Alex, Miriam, and so many of the volunteers...pardon me if I forgot some of your names, but you know who you are and the help and encouragement you gave me.

To the office staff beginning with my mixed blood "Cherokee brother" Gabriel (Gabe), what a joy to meet you and have many talks and share our lives together. I will never forget you. To Nicole, Vicki, Carol, and all of the others, thank you for your caring and support. Finally there is Russell the co-owner with his brother Michael and the rest of the "True" family, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Russell what a memory for names, You remembered mine every time. I will miss you ALL very much.

Finally the entertainment has to be mentioned, from Loop Rawlins...my favorite, who I had several conversations with, and Bill Ganz. He was my second favorite, and to all of the others. What a great lineup provided for us by the ranch hosts. and staff.

As I come to the end of my book...I warned you Russell, I also want to thank the restaurant staff for their wonderful meals and service. Five stars all the way.

Well readers, by now you have guessed that his is a ranch for all the family, from the very young to the older generation like me. One more thing. when you leave the ranch prior to going for your rides, you will see a sign attached to an arch that reads "VAYA CON DIOS", so to all of you I say, "GO WITH GOD" till we meet again.

Brian Fulton

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The White Stallion Ranch has the most Friendy staff that I have encountered in a long time... From the Van Driver's to Nicki and Tom at Check in to the Housekeepers, the Wranglers (Katelynn) to the Owners Russell & Laura... This is the world's best kept secret.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Stone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed at the White stallion ranch 3 weeks ago after touring the south west visiting Las Vegas and the canyons and so by the time we arrived we thought we had seen some sights ,but the WSR has everything. Lovely people (owners, staff, visitors) quality food and beautiful horses! As we are both in our 60's and I hadn't ridden a horse since I was in my "20's (except for an hours walk on one in Wales ) with my granddaughter last year. Hubby had not even sat on one since he was 18 so we were rightly nervous to say the least. Within an hour of checking in we were on a slow ride in the desert! the wranglers are so helpful and put you at ease. Hubby progressed rapidly to the fast rides over the next few days but I was content to take the slow rides. The breakfast ride (7am) was lovely (and as the temp reached 105f later in the day it was a novelty to have a cooked breakfast in the middle of the Arizona desert in cooler temps ((90's)! We even saw a road runner outside our casita with a lizard in its mouth! The wildlife and stunning scenery will stay with us for a long time. We also made some lovely friends in the 4 days we were there with people who have been going back year upon year so that speaks volumes .Would certainly hope to be going back and cannot fault it!

Room Tip: We were in casita 17 ..very quiet and peaceful!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My son (12) and I just left this ranch and we both had so much fun! Other than horse riding which is a given, they have a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, tennis courts, basketball court, a playroom with air hockey, pool, ping pong, and a 20 person mini movie theater with Netflix available! The rooms were very clean, beds comfortable, staff very nice and accommodating. The landscape is beautiful and well kept and very quiet. I cannot say one bad thing about my stay!! They also have a social hour prior to dinner which was very nice and we met a wonderful family from Ireland. They also performed a rodeo the one night and line dancing the next. I have stayed at many B&B's it had that kind of feel but you received three meals a day, could ride twice a day and had access to all the amenities. This is a genuine dude ranch with genuine people working there and that own it. We met the owner several times during our stay, he wanted to make sure our stay was okay. I will definitely go back but for longer, we only stayed the weekend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My granddaughter and I joined 9 other grandchildren and grandparents for the Dude Ranch Experience via Road Scholar. The ranch was amazing. Casitas were lovely...clean and very western decor as well as roomy. The food was stupendous - delicious and lots of it with a good variety. The wranglers were helpful and friendly and the horses were gentle and accommodating. I would suggest going at a time other than summer - hot hot hot - if you can. We had to go when our grandkids were out of school. I definitely recommend this for anyone who likes riding or wants to learn how to ride. Evenings there were activities - cowboy singer, star gazing with expert, campfire and more. We had a wonderful week!

Room Tip: All were great!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Woodland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Doesn't get any better than White Stallion in February! They even baked a cake for our son's 18th birthday and helped us surprise him out on the patio. Not sure I want everyone to know how special this place is. But it is such a great place to refresh.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Schamburg, Ill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We had a great time at the ranch. Friendly,Helpful front desk and Wranglers.
Food is plenty and delicious. The 1 hour entertainment after dinner is always
enjoyable. Loved the singing, art class and Loop Rawlins. Would love to go
back again.. Beautiful landscape!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to White Stallion Ranch? Share your experiences!