“Visit this gem in the Arizona desert” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9251 W Twin Peaks Rd, Tucson, AZ 85743   |
Ranked #1 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Visit this gem in the Arizona desert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My best friend and I happened upon a deal through AAA for this wonderful getaway just outside of Tucson. We were looking for a little stay-cation and WS Ranch more than met our expectations. The staff is friendly and accommodating from the very first phone call to final checkout. Charming and spacious rooms, excellent and plentiful food, plenty of activities, beautiful desert scenery. The entire staff was wonderful and we so enjoyed meeting the other guests, many of whom came from "across the pond" and have made this an annual destination. We highly recommend this wonderful place to everyone -- especially local folks, like us, who just want a little getaway. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I reviewed White Stallion Ranch last year and feel it deserves another review after this year's trip. If you are looking for an authentic working dude ranch experience in an authentic southwest Arizona desert location, this is the place for you and your family. The ranch is kept very clean, the horses are in excellent condition, and the wranglers and staff are just great. The moment you arrive and for the duration of your stay the staff all know your name and call you by name. Customer service is a perfect 10. The pool and spa is nice, the food is always very good. You won't go hungry. The casitas are wonderful. Our second trip this year was even better than last year. Our 10 year old daughter went on fast rides again this year, and our 6 year old daughter took several lessons where she learned to trop, lope and to guide her horse. There are a variety of rides like the breakfast ride where we ate breakfast out in the desert, and the beer and cheese ride. We all loved it and will go back again. There is always other activities going on in the evenings as well, like critter night. This year there was an astronomer who brought his high powered telescope. I highly recommend this ranch for a family vacation. It is interesting that most of the guests are from Europe. We met folks from England, Ireland, Germany, Holland to mention a few. Just a great time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just returned from a week at the White Stallion with my 12 year old daughter. This place is as good as the reviews say. if you want the Ranch Experience then look no further. Russell True and the Ranch staff and all the Wranglers are first class!
Nothing is too much trouble for these guys and the service, accommodation and food are top notch.

If your a single parent like myself or even a single traveller then dont be put off, everyone gets to know each other and the atmosphere is very relaxed.

Big thanks to Russell and thestaff at the White Stallion, we will be returning!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

fabulous time here, accommodation, food, people and horses all brilliant. My husband not the horsey one but he did more riding than me, you are made extremely welcome and all riders catered for and as everyone says they know you by name we hope to be back next year cant recommend enough, grounds, pool etc very clean and tidy really cant recommend it enough

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Greely Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

4 nights was not near enough time at the White Stallion Ranch. My son (13 years old) and I both had a blast! The horses were great and they offered a variety of rides to go on. Our favourite thing was definitely the Penning! The personal service was spectacular. All the Wranglers knew our name on the first day. The meals were exceptional. Can't think of anything bad to say about our stay (other than it was not long enough). We also met so many people from all around the world. We are already planning our trip back next year. Next year we will plan on a full week!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This place is romantic, an adventure holiday, a signtseeing holiday, a sun holiday, a "get away from it all" holiday and can be a great group holiday if you want it to be. I came with my now fiancée and we were impressed with the facilities and the all inclusive everything you need is here set up. I was after some very poor experiences of horse riding in the states but this turned my impression around of western style horse riding. The horses were fantastic and they had a horse for every riders personality and ability and they were very healthy we were both experienced riders and we had a great time. I could talk all day about how great it was but there is a clear trend amongst these reviews. Just stay here if you can afford it, it is great value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
West Islip, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The BEST! We visited the Ranch in June & I've already booked my return in November. I'm counting down the days. The place is fabulous. The horses are all perfect, all 100+ are perfect! They must be so happy to live there & fed by the True family. Everything was great, terrific hospitality, beautiful grounds, the food was amazing - we were blown away by the experience. The trails were so lovely, we spent 4 days riding and never once went on the same ride, it was absolutely terrific. It was bonding & awesome to go team penning, everyone should do this once in their life. When researching for a nice ranch vacation I was immediately intrigued by The White Stallion Ranch. I said how in the world is it possible to have over 300 reviews and every single one of them rave about the facility. Well, they were 100% correct - everything there is wonderful. The staff could not be nicer and the grounds were just lovely. You get an instant peaceful feeling upon arrival. I can't wait to go back and I've already booked my return with my son. God Bless the True family for keeping their tradition alive and beautiful and especially for welcoming us to their Ranch.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to White Stallion Ranch? Share your experiences!