“Nice hotel, but a sorry excuse for a Spa” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa

You added Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   245 East Ina Road, Tucson, AZ 85704 (Formerly Westward Look Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #35 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Mesa, Arizona
“Nice hotel, but a sorry excuse for a Spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2005

I really love the look and feel of this property. It looks very much like the "old west," and the front desk staff is always very kind. The rooms are pretty big, and most of them have private patios. The food in the grille was decent, however, the Spa (They actually call it a Spa) leaves MUCH to be desired. The receptionist was rude, and there is no sauna or steam room or whirlpool. The women's locker room consisted of one toilet, one shower, and about fifty lockers. Luckily, I was not there on a busy day, because there would have been a line for the bathroom and shower. The lady in the fitness center was also quite rude. In short, if you're not planning on visiting the spa or fitness center, then I'd recommend this resort.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2005

One of my favourite places to relax. Would stay longer if I could. Love the climate and altitude.

Stayed September 2005
Fort Wayne IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2005

I highly recommend this resort. We spent two nights there and wish it could have been longer. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable with separate dressing area and sitting room. The Gold Room was a real treat at any meal, and worth the price. We walked on their nature trail and in the hummingbird garden and I took a lot of great photos. There are great restaurants and shopping close by. The resort is very quiet and filled with lush greenery. The spa is not to be missed. I am very glad we stayed there and wish we were there now!

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2005

Whatever you do, do not book a room with this hotel over the internet without seeing it first. The pictures and descriptions are completely misleading!!! Consider yourself warned. It is totally run down and filthy. My wife and I made this mistake and reserved a room for a week. After flying from New York, we checked in and saw, to our horror, the nasty room and the totally unnatural suburban environment/locale with dumpsters scattered around the premises. When we attempted to check out immediately and get our money back, Westward look refused to give us anything. The hotel was not even closely filled to capacity. We had to argue for days before we eventually settled for half of the week's payment. We eventually made the wise choice to fork over the money to stay at the Westin.

Whatever you do, do not be misled by the promotional materials!

Stayed March 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2005

In my opinion you have lost the best thing the resort had going for it . The gold room chef . I could not even dream of food as good as his. I have to ask myself if I'm dreaming with evey bite because food this good can
not be real.

• Stayed September 2005
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2005

This was by far our favorite place ever. My family just returned from a week's vacation in ME and said how Westward Look is still our favorite place ever.

The room was wonderful, lots for the kids to do. We went at Christmas time when the cactus were decorated with Christmas lights and there were cactus wreaths. A wonderful family retreat.

• Stayed December 2000
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2005

After living in Tucson most of my life, I had always heard how wonderful the Westward Look was, but never had the chance to stay there. I brought my son back to visit my family and we reserved a one room suite. The views were awesome and the service was fantastic. I also had a chance to use their spa services for a massage and it was one of the best I ever had. I enjoy staying in four and five star hotels and for the price, this was the best deal in Tucson. They even had "explorer kits" for the kids at check-in. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!